Future Events Blackbeard Pirates Vs Strawhats Matchups

Seatonnes

waiting for Marvel Rivals
Luffy vs Blackbeard
Heavily Weakened Urouge vs Burgess Buddhist vs Jesus + similar fruits and both brawlers
Zoro vs Shiryu duh
Usopp vs Van Augur duh
Chopper vs Pizarro (Corrupt King aka Wapol parallel)
Sanji vs Laffitte (sanji is the only person really equipped to fight someone who can fly besides robin and usopp)
Robin vs Devon Robin is anti slave and devon is skilled with whips, also woman vs woman
Franky vs Sanjuan Wolf duh
Jinbe vs Vasco Shot fishman vs fishman
Brook vs Doc Q (it wont be eos series fight thats why i dont think chopper will fight doc q)
Nami vs 10th Captain

0- BB vs Luffy
1- Burgess vs Jinbei.
2- Shiryu vs Zoro.
3- Van Augur vs Usopp.
4- Pizzaro vs Sanji.
5- Lafitte(turned woman by Doc Q) vs Nami.
6- Devon vs Robin.
7- S.Wolf vs Franky/Sunny.
8- Vasco Shot vs Brook.
9- Doc Q/Stronger vs Chopper.
10- ??? vs ???

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Luffy vs Blackbeard (possibly with Koby):
Dawn vs Darkness. Koby shows up if Oda wants Blackbeard to be a mirror of Rocks vs Roger and Garp.

Zoro and Sanji vs Shiryu and Burgess: The Wings of the Pirate King vs the 1st and 2nd Captains of Blackbeard's fleet
Zoro will cut an invisible man: IE, he has to cut "nothing". This has been teased since Alabasta. Zoro fights serious opponents generally, so, yep. Fighting Shiryu also means over coming Sanji's power, invisibility, and Shiryu is more of a tactical fighter, like Sanji. Shiryu saved the BB Pirates from Magellan, just like Sanji saved the Straw Hats from Crocodile: they're good at espionage. This fight will push Zoro to overcome his weakness: sense of direction. Zoro is always lost, him fighting an invisible man is a horrible match up.

Sanji fights more jovial enemies (Bon Kurei, Jabra, Queen). Sanji is the only one in the crew with the durability and regeneration factor, outside of Luffy, strong enough to tank Burgess's attacks. Burgess was already capable of leveling multiple buildings with single punches in Dressrosa, and matching Sabo physically, his shock-wave attacks are going to be incredibly dangerous. Fighting a brutal brawler, like Zoro, is rare for Sanji, but, rather than fight a sly opponent like Mr.2 or Jabra, he'll win with brute strength (and hopefully CoC).

Usopp and Nami vs Van Augur and Catarina Devon:
Usopp's fight is obvious, but should be great. He'll have to max out CoO to deal with warping bullets and warping enemies. However, how the fight ties in with Nami is cool.

Nami is a thief, Catarina steals women's heads and people's appearances. Also, we all know Oda thinks Nami is the hottest girl in the series, so, Catarina is bound to target her. Since Usopp is a known liar, I suspect Nami will have to deal with Caratina pretending to be Usopp, while Augur is shooting bullets all over the place.

Augur can teleport Usopp and Catarina around, to make Nami unable to tell which is which, as well. This fight will rely on trickery and thievery.

Chopper and Karoo vs Doc Q and Stronger:
Here's where the fun begins: it's the battle of the animal mascots (and Doc Q). Kind reindeer doctor on super-fast duck running away from plague-bombing evil doctor riding a half-dead pegasus. WHOOOOOOOOO, NOW THAT'S ONE PIECE. Possible Karoo learns to fly from a Devil Fruit. Karoo eating the Duck Duck Fruit would be FUCKING hilarious.

Vivi and Robin vs Alvaro Pizarro and Laffitte:
Kind princess vs corrupt king. Falsely accused child whose life was destroyed by the government vs brutal sheriff who tortured his inmates. Vivi will receive Kuma's Fruit, and use the Devil Fruit of a kind loving king to defeat the corrupt king Pizarro.

This also let's Robin finally make up for nearly destroying Vivi's country. No idea what Pizarro is capable of, but Laffitte's powers are bad for Robin: he can hypnotize her and make her relive the trauma of Ohara. Laffitte has been shown to fly, and Robin is capable of flight with her wing technique, and had the Wings comment regarding Luffy.

Franky and Jinbei vs Vasco Shot and San Juan Wolf:
Battle for World's Strongest Fishman, and Cola vs Booze, WHOOOOO! Vasco, who most likely has a Liquor Logia or Paramecia (though a Zoan is possible), will be a bad match up for Franky, as he can use liquor to mess with Franky's cyborg body. Franky, the shipwright, also ends up fighting the dude who's known as a battleship.

Jinbei fighting Wadatsumi, the giant fat Fishman dude, foreshadowed Sanjuan Wolf. Jinbei has taken over battleships multiple times in this series, including taking some out escaping Impel Down, and destroying Kaido's ships before the Raid on Onigashima. Sanjuan Wolf is known for walking through the ocean, this is Jinbei's fight. The guy who made the ship fighting with the guy who sails it works well, too.

Brook and Yamato vs Apoo and Aokiji:
The Rock and Roll Ice Bowl.

Brook vs Apoo is why Oda never had them fight in Wano: Apoo is Blackbeard's informant, and sold out both of his crews, most likely. Brook, who values loyalty more than anything, even in death, will fight one of the worst backstabbers in the series in a rock and roll duel. Fuck yes. Brook also has potential connections to Aokiji, and also fights using ice-based techniques.

Aokiji helped destroy an island that broke the law, Ohara, connected to the Ancient History, while Yamato saved Wano, a lawless island connected to the Ancient History. Aokiji was introduced hunting "Devil Child" Nico Robin. Oni in Japan are considered demons, so, here Aokiji will fight another "devil child" in Yamato, the child of the demon/monster/Oni Kaido.

Carrot and Tama vs Caribou and Moria:
Rabbit vs swamp, shadow slaves vs animal slaves. Carrot and Caribou both love sneaking onto ships; Carrot comes from a race that has been discriminated against and sold into slavery, while Caribou sold slaves and tried to kidnap mermaids. If Carrot gets Monet's Fruit, this should be a fun (but stupid) fight. Carrot is fast, but Caribou's Swamp will slow her down. But, she can use Electro to electrocute him. Better match up than you'd think.

Tama and Moria both force people to become their slaves, but Tama celebrates life and respects her animal friends, while Moria views the deal and living as his tools. Tama turns animals into her slaves by feeding them dango; Moria's zombies are freed by being fed salt. Ninjas hide in the shadows, Moria is shadow. Moria lost his crew to the Beast Pirates, Tama's forces are made up of Beast Pirates. Both hate Kaido. Fun match up, I imagine Tama gets aged up for it.

Edit: moved Brook and Jinbei around, since Sir Yasheen is right about Franky probably fighting Sanjuan Wolf (keep forgetting the Franky ship connection somehow).

Last edited:
Luffy vs Blackbeard - Just obvious. The narrative around this fight will be the Will of D and which of these two are the most suitable to carry it (ie the one Rogers waiting for)

Sabo vs Burgess - This narrative will revolve Sabo getting revenge on Burgess for bringing people to his home and destroying it.

Zoro vs Shiryu - This narrative will revolve around Zoros Shimotsuki training and will end when he learns to cut “Nothing.”

Usopp vs Van Augur - This narrative will revolve around Usopp avenging his father and finally becoming a brave warrior of the sea that’s surpassed his father.

Jinbe vs Avalo Pizarro - This narrative will revolve around Pizarros corruption and what his name corrupt king comes from. Similar to Jinbes last fight it’ll come back to the slave trade. Pizarro may have even sold his people into slavery for more money.

Sanji vs Lafitte - This narrative will revolve around Sanji avenging Pudding who’ll be beaten by the demon sheriff known for police brutality.

Nami vs Catarina Devon - This narrative will revolve around Nami being hunted by Catarina Devon for her looks and Nami fighting ghosts of her past (Devon may be able to turn into bellemere or Arlong) (I just hope namis fight is at least good and not another Ulti.)

Franky vs Sanjuan Wolff - As with most of Frankys fights there won’t be much narrative but the ultimate Battle Franky vs the Colossal Battleship May be the only naval battle we’ll ever get

Robin vs Vasco Shot - Robin really doesn’t seem to have any good fight which is really lame. Maybe when we see more of the crew we’ll find a better fight for her.

Brook and Chopper vs Doc Q and Stronger - Honestly, I can’t see Chopper soloing these two with how oda portrays him. However, the soul king and the doctor vs the shinigami who fights with poisons does seem pretty cool.

Jewelry Bonney vs 10th titanic captain - Honestly seems like odas setting up Bonney to fight with the crew since she fought them before the timeskip and Blackbeard has been making his moves same time she’s been introduced.

Caribou is the Buggy of the New World. A "dangerous" pirate that just got clowned on by the Straw Hats, and became more of Luffy's ally. Now, like Buggy, Caribou will fail his way into success. Blackbeard isn't going to leave the Seraphim alone: once he finds out about Egghead Island from Koby, he'll send forces... possibly Aokiji, over. I imagine we'll get little bits of the Blackbeard Pirates sprinkled in over time. Since we only saw Blackbeard, Doc Q, Burgess, and Van Augur in this chapter, it's possible the rest are off doing something else.

The biggest brain play Blackbeard could have would be to steals the rubbings from every Yonkou crew, then steal the Road Ponyglyphs themselves so other crews can't have access to them (this would also require kidnapping Robin).

Either way, I bet Blackbeard is sending forces to Egghead. And they'll pick our barrel boy up, so he can tell Blackbeard about Pluton and become a Titanic Captain
:steef:
Post automatically merged:

Luffy vs Blackbeard - Just obvious. The narrative around this fight will be the Will of D and which of these two are the most suitable to carry it (ie the one Rogers waiting for)

Sabo vs Burgess - This narrative will revolve Sabo getting revenge on Burgess for bringing people to his home and destroying it.

Zoro vs Shiryu - This narrative will revolve around Zoros Shimotsuki training and will end when he learns to cut “Nothing.”

Usopp vs Van Augur - This narrative will revolve around Usopp avenging his father and finally becoming a brave warrior of the sea that’s surpassed his father.

Jinbe vs Avalo Pizarro - This narrative will revolve around Pizarros corruption and what his name corrupt king comes from. Similar to Jinbes last fight it’ll come back to the slave trade. Pizarro may have even sold his people into slavery for more money.

Sanji vs Lafitte - This narrative will revolve around Sanji avenging Pudding who’ll be beaten by the demon sheriff known for police brutality.

Nami vs Catarina Devon - This narrative will revolve around Nami being hunted by Catarina Devon for her looks and Nami fighting ghosts of her past (Devon may be able to turn into bellemere or Arlong) (I just hope namis fight is at least good and not another Ulti.)

Franky vs Sanjuan Wolff - As with most of Frankys fights there won’t be much narrative but the ultimate Battle Franky vs the Colossal Battleship May be the only naval battle we’ll ever get

Robin vs Vasco Shot - Robin really doesn’t seem to have any good fight which is really lame. Maybe when we see more of the crew we’ll find a better fight for her.

Brook and Chopper vs Doc Q and Stronger - Honestly, I can’t see Chopper soloing these two with how oda portrays him. However, the soul king and the doctor vs the shinigami who fights with poisons does seem pretty cool.

Jewelry Bonney vs 10th titanic captain - Honestly seems like odas setting up Bonney to fight with the crew since she fought them before the timeskip and Blackbeard has been making his moves same time she’s been introduced.
Good point about Franky, he should be involved in the fight with Sanjuan Wolf... hmmmm...

Also, shit, I really hope Pudding doesn't get beaten up. I could imagine Vasco Shot getting kicked by Sanji after saying, "Hehehe, her face is so pretty, except for that nasty third eye."

Hmmm. If Pudding got knocked unconscious, would Sanji get his memories back?

Last edited:

Seatonnes

waiting for Marvel Rivals
Caribou is the Buggy of the New World. A "dangerous" pirate that just got clowned on by the Straw Hats, and became more of Luffy's ally. Now, like Buggy, Caribou will fail his way into success. Blackbeard isn't going to leave the Seraphim alone: once he finds out about Egghead Island from Koby, he'll send forces... possibly Aokiji, over. I imagine we'll get little bits of the Blackbeard Pirates sprinkled in over time. Since we only saw Blackbeard, Doc Q, Burgess, and Van Augur in this chapter, it's possible the rest are off doing something else.

The biggest brain play Blackbeard could have would be to steals the rubbings from every Yonkou crew, then steal the Road Ponyglyphs themselves so other crews can't have access to them (this would also require kidnapping Robin).

Either way, I bet Blackbeard is sending forces to Egghead. And they'll pick our barrel boy up, so he can tell Blackbeard about Pluton and become a Titanic Captain
Blackbeard has no reason to keep caribou or moria alive, he would just harvest there fruits

Blackbeard has no reason to keep caribou or moria alive, he would just harvest there fruits
I mean, they're not weak. Caribou had a 200,000,000+ berry bounty, and has a Logia, and is great at kidnapping/not bad at infiltration. I know we clown him, but he would be an actual menace in Paradise: Caribou could be a useful tool for Blackbeard.

Moria is a master of his fruit, and is pretty smart himself: if Blackbeard can blackmail him into it, I could see Moria joining the crew (but eventually being killed off or betrayed).

I wouldn't mind seeing Pizarro getting Moria's Fruit. It would be brutal if Pizarro went back, murdered his old kingdom, and turned them all into his zombie warriors and servants.

Nami's definitely fighting Laffitte. Nami's epithet is "Cat Burglar" and Laffitte's is "Demon Sheriff." That's way too on the nose to be a coincidence
I know a lot of people think Nami's fighting Devon cause she's a woman, but there's no thematic connection between these two characters. Plus Robin needs someone to fight as well and she's definitely not gonna fight someone like Vasco Shot

Nami's definitely fighting Laffitte. Nami's epithet is "Cat Burglar" and Laffitte's is "Demon Sheriff." That's way too on the nose to be a coincidence
I know a lot of people think Nami's fighting Devon cause she's a woman, but there's no thematic connection between these two characters. Plus Robin needs someone to fight as well and she's definitely not gonna fight someone like Vasco Shot
Doesn't the "Demon sheriff" nickname rivalize with "Demon child"?

I've thought about Sanji vs Pizzaro but Burgess is much more relevant, he's not a bad fighter but Sabo was just too strong. He'll get an insane powerup. Diamond fruit is so op defense wise that Jozu casually ate Mihawk's attack, that's not something you see everyday.

Jozu is finally safe. He didn't die to power up either of Shilew or Burgess. Not sure though if we will ever see him again
Post automatically merged:

This arc seems to be leading to a BB fighting arc and with how things seem especially if Luffy powers up his fruit/haki with the Vegapunk/Shanks encounter I see this as a high diff fight at best
Yea kinda agree. BB already has Koby, and in the last chapter, he got Pudding who is friendly to Sanji. Law who is like Luffy's brother is also in trouble. We are for sure headed to a collision course bwtn the two crew