and then the fanboys defend it with

"it's because his backstory it's gonna be resolved when we see the God Valley flashback, let him cook"

bro, we needed this now, this is Kaido's arc as a villain and being defeated, getting his flashback later would be shit
It wouldn't. How will they not include Kaido in Rocks Flashback? He's got to bring every member in. Showing it now and going to Egghead doesn't work.

It wouldn't. How will they not include Kaido in Rocks Flashback? He's got to bring every member in. Showing it now and going to Egghead doesn't work.
Kaido can show up in that flashback, but his character shouldn't be resolved then

it should've been resolved in Wano, the place where he was a villain and got defeated

resolving his character later is not good, it's shit

If you finish your biggest arc in a series that has been going on for almost 3 decades

and your readers are not even sure of your main villain's motivation and reasons behind his actions

then you fucked up

explaining that after the fact is not good, it's bad

To an extent, yes, but there were just simple things where expectations should have been met and they werent:

- Half of Big Moms crew was ignored, yet teased on WCI. They all were here, and ironically the only one that got focus was one that already got focus on WCI. Luckily they escaped and are MIA, but still, odd if you are going to take out BM in Wano.

- If Doflamingo/ Kata had awakening, then there should be no excuse for Queen and King in the least to not have it.

- Let alone the Yonko. If they had it, at least make it clear they had it.

- The arc ended way too quickly vs. other arc climaxes relative to arc length. While wano will be relevant in the future, 7 chapters was way too short for how he left off certain plotlines. No Hyou goodbye, no reaction from Kiku about Izo, Izo and Asura's deaths were way too sudden, no updates on Apoo/Numbers, Drake and Hawkins, BM/Kaido etc. Too much of that just left blank.

The arc to me is not as bad as some people here exaggerate, but it clearly needed 20 more chapters. It should have ended "now" as a reference.
It felt like Oda got tired of Wano and in order to save time he cutt corners by jumping to the head without any meaningful build up (like Nami and ulti moment) or just straight up dropped it

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
the majority of hate in wano was due to certain fanbases having certain expectations that werent met
partially i agree, but for me at least I started getting disappointed with the arc about 3/4 of the way into Act 3, and there’s no way to justify to me that this panel was coherent with the rest of the series. Even for the cheeky pun with Oden’s catchphrase it’s just in bad taste.

Who cares. Most people I know, from English to Japanese forums agree that Wano as a whole is a bad arc with great moment here and there, and they are not even Zoro fans
Stop trying to make everything Zoro fans' fault you illiterate fucking cunt. I'm sick and tired of this.
Do you know 43000 people though. Or are you living in a bubble?

partially i agree, but for me at least I started getting disappointed with the arc about 3/4 of the way into Act 3, and there’s no way to justify to me that this panel was coherent with the rest of the series. Even for the cheeky pun with Oden’s catchphrase it’s just in bad taste.
the way Oda "ended" the cycle of hatred against the Kurozumi was wild lmao

what a shit that was