Its a meme from other parts of the world that British food is the worst too, I could give you so many reasons why too. One of my favourite jokes is that the UK invaded other countries for spices and never used them lmfao:

Whenever I travelled to other countries or try imported food, its FAR better than food here. The only times I get truly flavoursome food (by UK standards especially) is when I get organic (as most of it is processed here too) especially from farms directly naturally, I've had some amazing fry up breakfasts from bed and breakfast (BnB) places or when I go abroad.

Some restaurants work miracles here though and its usually the Asian ones from the "true" Indian ones that don't "westernise" their food and tone down the spices/chilli and add a lot of cream/milk or w/e and use jar sauces ofc. I've found Thai to be absolutely amazing here too if the restaurant is one of the truly passionate ones too and same with Indian.

In fact some Muslim guys started their own version of McDonalds here in my city, I think its just a new branch as they're all over the UK maybe but their burgers are fantastic! Proper chicken, proper meat, not these processed burgers you get. It felt like when I used to eat burgers in Kenya, hell it was so good back there, when I went back Kenya after 7 years and ate that food I love there again (from African equivalent of McDonalds/Burger King lol) I genuinely cried because of how good it tasted and how much I missed it. To this day, I still remember how I felt and how good the food was there. 3rd world country but their food was fucking amazing.

This is the food OF THE GODS for me too:

Kenyan style aloo bhajia/Maru Bhajia (Indian potato fritter things) with a spicy salsa, it was the most HOLY combination, in fact it was so holy, it went full 180 and felt unholy, like a sin to enjoy somehow! So fucking good! To this day, rarely anything competes with it for me.
I never knew how bad British food was until I watched Jolly/Korean Englishman
They’re ranting a lot about their own cuisine but I think there are hidden gems in every country

G

Gorosei Informer

I never knew how bad British food was until I watched Jolly/Korean Englishman
They’re ranting a lot about their own cuisine but I think they’re hidden gems in every country
There's some surprisingly sophisticated stuff in the more rural/outside main city restaurants especially. I saw some restaurants outside my city doing some really experimental, high/fine/gourmet whatever dining type stuff. I think one of them had Michelin Stars to be fair too lol.

UK can have decent food but almost every other country I've seen beats it easily.

That channel sounds familiar, I'll look them up.
Every country definitely has their hidden gems too 100%. I love hole in the wall, hidden away, treasure trove type places, small, independent, family run etc. Maybe a little unconventional too depending and rural as well maybe.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Uhm yes we do and then the Indian mods says men are the oppressed gender in his country
I said men too are oppressed and face difficulties--more often than not, even more so than women. We infact have less constitutional rights than women over here. It's funny how you people love thinking you know more about our country than the people who live in the country.