Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 979: FAMILY TROUBLE

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters because Oda falls deeper and deeper into cursed FT realm.
Or people are just now realizing that Oda just wasn't that good of a writer. He uses the same tropes, same gags, and never really gives development, just half assed shit. Or stupid motivations. Ace had to die so we an have a time skip, But Luffy's still running headlong into things without giving himself perspectives of different outlooks. He's still not interested in the newspaper when it was that very thing that lead him to finding out about Ace's Execution, Whose to say someone he knows has that happen to him, is Oda just going to have another character tell him about? Lame, or he never even heard that was happening, or at least have some awareness to the outside world.

This is something that Oda's just not going to do as he doesn't work his characters into that sort of development, They're literally just all about a couple gags, and their dreams. It's quiet boring and because people keep giving Oda money to write drivel, He'll continue to do just that.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Or people are just now realizing that Oda just wasn't that good of a writer. He uses the same tropes, same gags, and never really gives development, just half assed shit. Or stupid motivations. Ace had to die so we an have a time skip, But Luffy's still running headlong into things without giving himself perspectives of different outlooks. He's still not interested in the newspaper when it was that very thing that lead him to finding out about Ace's Execution, Whose to say someone he knows has that happen to him, is Oda just going to have another character tell him about? Lame, or he never even heard that was happening, or at least have some awareness to the outside world.

This is something that Oda's just not going to do as he doesn't work his characters into that sort of development, They're literally just all about a couple gags, and their dreams. It's quiet boring and because people keep giving Oda money to write drivel, He'll continue to do just that.
True. Ace's death supposed to change Luffy's mind to think about people he cares and not rush like an idiot to fight someone. We know how this ends. Oda needs to stop making his story Fairy Tail alike. I swear if no one dies in the War on Onigashima it will be the biggest bullsh*t ever. This is a war against 2 freaking Yonko and if there will be no sacrifice then screw this. I know it's Shonen not Seinen but damn. Do you know what is worst? I'm counting how many chapters it will take Oda to make All-Stars look like clowns. Katakuri fight was giving me chills and then hmm ok why should I finish this kid when I can have my f'ing doughnuts break. FFS I hope the fights will start around 5 chapters cause I can't stand this arc anymore. Another Luffy hero mission Alabasta v3 to be precise.

No no, the long head pirates jolly roger found in the cover story when enel arrive in the moon.

As we know, fukurokuju had long head. So it might be a coincidence or its just a random things.
Yeah.. I get the Jolly roger of long head in space/moon... no worries... I'm just saying that he has long ears like Enel also... so there are TWO connections basically....
The head with Jolly Roger
The ears with Enel

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
These 2 weeks gonna be tough. The official chapter is tomorrow and I'm already pissed that I need to wait 2 weeks for 980 last time I felt like this was during Dressrosa break. Dammit hope Oda stays safe and show us Yamato in next chapter xD.

So at the moment this round of fighting seems like it will be capture the flag with yamato and momo as the flags. Could be quite fun as a pose to the normal plot of an attack. Reminds me weirdly of enies lobby and marineford. The strawhats and flying 6 at this stage don't even know the game has begun.
Also if yamato gets green bull treatment and we don't see him for 2 years I'll get mad.

T

The Penguin

Kaido's big announcement is either:
1) Yamato's wedding to Big mom's daughter so that they can become a family
2) Revealing to Yamato and the alliance that Big Mom is his mother
Kaido wants to announce the Yamato will be finally his successor after he conquer the fuckin' world and he die.

Then Yamato will be the new Yonko along Luffy, and Yamato will rule over Beast Pirates on his own.

The dude also seems to be a rebellious one who only cares about his own things and business.

Yamato is a mixture of Luffy, Katakuri and Shanks imo.

You dudes seems to... With fuckin' weddings. Stop the shit

980 Cover Story: Pedro flying on Pell to take revenge on Perospero.
Pedro and Ace below deck with whitebeard taking over WCI. Roger on the Going Merry sailing with Calgara and Noland. Fisher tiger on the snapper head with Thatch and Hiluluk. Morias crew having a party in gods island.
I mean characters who are dead off the top of my head so far.
Pedro
Ace
Whitebeard
Calgara
Noland
The two giant elders
Sister caramel
Fisher tiger
Nico olivia
Jaguar d saul
Prof clover
Gol d roger