General & Others King Vs Zoro sucked: Morj Breakdsdown how dumb this fight was

I mean one thing is to downplay king another is to blatently lie on Oda's writing when he perfectly explained lunarian defense.

there are likely other way to break it too beside coc but only a top tier ability can.
He didn't explain why the hell would King ever decide to turn off his flame mode to become vulnerable just because he "can run faster". Same problem with Seraphims applies.

He didn't explain why the hell would King ever decide to turn off his flame mode to become vulnerable just because he "can run faster". Same problem with Seraphims applies.
King turne flame off is him going into offensive.

by that point King already know even in flame mode zoro can damage him.

read the manga instead of what someone think on youtube.

everything you need to kow Oda already told in the king fight.

King's ability is kinda like Rinnegan or senjutsu.

You cant easily damage a senjusu user.

you have two option.

-wait for the 5 second cooldown/them to reverse back to base before you attack.
-Or just straight up overpower it if you are strong enough.

you have two option.

Except you can't damage King with flame on his back. Everytime he was damaged he has his flame on his back turned off, Zoro even after defeating him thinks Seraphims can be damaged that way.

Except you can't damage King with flame on his back. Everytime he was damaged he has his flame on his back turned off, Zoro even after defeating him thinks Seraphims can be damaged that way.
If that was the case Zoro would say Its impossible to damage a flame on lunarian instead he say Its almost impossible to damage flame on lunarian.

Oda gave lunarian two weakness, the first is getting overwelmed like zoro did with king, second is for character that dont have top tier AP to stand a chane aka flame off.

And we know this to be true cause Zoro already commented on it in onigashima when king started blocking his attack after he unlocked adv coc.

this is also consistant with luffy and zoro ot using coc against seraphim.

If that was the case Zoro would say Its impossible to damage a flame on lunarian instead he say Its almost impossible to damage flame on lunarian.

Oda gave lunarian two weakness, the first is getting overwelmed like zoro did with king, second is for character that dont have top tier AP to stand a chane aka flame off.

And we know this to be true cause Zoro already commented on it in onigashima when king started blocking his attack after he unlocked adv coc.

this is also consistant with luffy and zoro ot using coc against seraphim.
Every example of King being damaged was with his flames off. Come back when it happens otherwise.

But see All the Vegapunk’s also know how the lunarian durability works… a they all simply kept quiet about it and let the strawhats waste time because Oda wanted them not to say anything so that Zoro can have any relevance whatsoever here

Shaka and company could’ve literally told the strawhats 10 chapters ago how the Seraphims can be beaten

I also think this was poorly done in this fight. Because Oda didn’t clarify how Enma affects this and never gave Zoro an actual character arc to match it

Notice how every other CoC user we see develop their CoC develops it at a turning point in their character.
Luffy developed CoC after Ennies lobby where his test as a Captain was first done and then Sabaody where he suffered his biggest loss yet and had to think as a captain for the first time when he told his crew to retreat…. then from then on Luffy was using CoC sporadically throughout Amazon lily impel down and Marineford

Doffy and Ace were shown developing CoC in the points they both decided their character arcs. Doffy got CoC when he swore to destroy everything when he got strung up with his family… Ace developed CoC when he decided to protect Luffy and be his big brother

and when did Zoro get CoC? The accompanying dialogue for Zoro getting CoC is him repeating everything we already knew, kuina and Luffy and whatever… Same exact shit… No character arc or even a specific character moment… Zoro just gets CoC when the story randomly decided he needs to to win a fight

And the other problem is that it’s tied to Enma. It is a problem that MAJORITY of the fans believe Zoro can’t even use CoC without a sword… Its bad that Zoro is the only CoC user in the series who is so bad at it that he needs exterior items to help him do it

this is a bad fight in and of itself but I think it’s bad even when it comes to supposedly setting things up for the future or whatever you think CoC matters to Zoro in this situation
I believe it must be unsatisfying for you to know the background for the character-development - if I may call it that - was anything but what you hoped for. But I also think it is very important that Oda lets you know that Zoro is still not a master of it. Because as you have mentioned right now, the process to master Haki comes with time. And seeing that Zoro still lacks in this aspect tells us Oda is probably going to focus on the process of Zoro developing his Haki in a way, that he may become better. As a Zoro-fan - see it from the side that Oda lets room open for him to become stronger. And if you remember back, when Luffy was in tha prison, Hyogoro stated that you get better with Haki the more you use it.

What I want to tell you is - Zoro is still in the process of mastering it and is no master in it, yet. That doesn't mean he will never become better in it, right? ;)
Post automatically merged:

I forgot to mention, that Vegapunk is still drawing data from the fights the Seraphim have - it means they are not fully aware of what they can do and what not - so maybe Shaka didn't know about the flames. That is a possibility.

Did he explain why Marco managed to damage king with his flame on? Did he explain why Zoro also managed to damage king with his flame on in their first interaction and then fail to damage him ever again
well if marco realy managed to damage king somehow its a good feat for him.

remember that his flame was hurting even pometheus and big mom.

marco flame are special but overall king was fine beside that single scene for marco.

only coc was shown to make king completely avoid any contact with attack.

I believe it must be unsatisfying for you to know the background for the character-development - if I may call it that - was anything but what you hoped for.
@Rambles what are you talking about? There was no character development… That’s the problem… There was nothing there… Zoro basically just wanted to win so much that Oda just gave him the most important power in the series just for that

while everyone else gets CoC because of actual character moments

you seem to be new to the online discussion around Zoro getting CoC… But I’ve been here for over a decade now..: Back when people thought it was impossible for Zoro to get CoC because his character didn’t match Oda’s stated characteristics for CoC users…

And some of us who wanted Zoro to get CoC over a decade ago pointed out that Oda always gives CoC users a character arc in order to grow into this ability and of course Zoro would get one too… And then 10 years later Zoro gets CoC just because he wanted to win a fight really bad… And because he got a magic sword

it seems you don’t understand the issue with Enma here. The issue is that Kid Luffy and Kid Ace and Kid Doffy are seemingly BETTER AT COC THAN ZORO… Do you understand now? There is no other character that needs outside assistance no matter how inexperienced they are with Haki BUT ZORO

GET IT? Oda both doesn’t give Zoro the character arc every other CoC user gets and doesn’t give Zoro the mastery of CoC that first time 8 year olds get since apparently he needs a sword when fucking babies can do this shit without it

Wano was a completely travesty for Zoro as a character with Oda not sparing even one second to think about what Zoro as a character deserves
Post automatically merged:

well if marco realy managed to damage king somehow its a good feat for him.

remember that his flame was hurting even pometheus and big mom.

marco flame are special but overall king was fine beside that single scene for marco.

only coc was shown to make king completely avoid any contact with attack.
@Redboy776 Zoro’s Onigiri on King made him blood fly off him… Remember? That first attack he did next to Sanji…

also why didn’t Oda explain that Marco’s flames have “anti-lunarian” properties… You said Marco damaged Prometheus… But notice that Oda explains it when that happened… Why didn’t Oda explain that the Phoenix fruit is the kryptonite of the entire Lunarian race?

@Rambles what are you talking about? There was no character development… That’s the problem… There was nothing there… Zoro basically just wanted to win so much that Oda just gave him the most important power in the series just for that

while everyone else gets CoC because of actual character moments

you seem to be new to the online discussion around Zoro getting CoC… But I’ve been here for over a decade now..: Back when people thought it was impossible for Zoro to get CoC because his character didn’t match Oda’s stated characteristics for CoC users…

And some of us who wanted Zoro to get CoC over a decade ago pointed out that Oda always gives CoC users a character arc in order to grow into this ability and of course Zoro would get one too… And then 10 years later Zoro gets CoC just because he wanted to win a fight really bad… And because he got a magic sword

it seems you don’t understand the issue with Enma here. The issue is that Kid Luffy and Kid Ace and Kid Doffy are seemingly BETTER AT COC THAN ZORO… Do you understand now? There is no other character that needs outside assistance no matter how inexperienced they are with Haki BUT ZORO

GET IT? Oda both doesn’t give Zoro the character arc every other CoC user gets and doesn’t give Zoro the mastery of CoC that first time 8 year olds get since apparently he needs a sword when fucking babies can do this shit without it

Wano was a completely travesty for Zoro as a character with Oda not sparing even one second to think about what Zoro as a character deserves
Could you please, read the first sentence I ever wrote to you, again?

I am not the person, who attibutes this much importance to strength as a character trait.

In short I'm an analyst - I normally don't do powerscaling and all this. And I don't think I ever will, seeing how heated it is already geting over here.

I hope you will see Zoro's character development soon, though. Bye.

Could you please, read the first sentence I ever wrote to you, again?

I am not the person, who attibutes this much importance to strength as a character trait.

In short I'm an analyst - I normally don't do powerscaling and all this. And I don't think I ever will, seeing how heated it is already geting over here.

I hope you will see Zoro's character development soon, though. Bye.
If you’re not saying anything then fine

i’ve given my points to describe how this is bad writing… as in Objevtively bad writing on the level of Character writing and it borders on character assassination for Zoro

if you have nothing to say about what I posit then fine I guess… bye

That's what happens when you rush shit. You can tell King's abilities were a last minute addition, during the fight.

All for G5 & "Shanks'" shit movie.

Anyway that's just another Morj miss. The simple reason, which seems to fly over your heads, is the fact that King got scared.
When Zoro learnt how to flow CoC into his attacks, he lands a hit on King's face slashing him. Now this is the same King that was casually taking attacks from Zoro beforehand.
After this new attack, its quite obvious be felt that Zoro got stronger. From not being able to scratch him, to bypassing his defences.

Now a sensible person, which King is in this regard, would not think "oh let me just stay in my defence mode, cause he can't touch me", they would be wary of their opponent who just now has the ability to harm them.
That is why he was dodging & blocking later onwards. He didn't know if his defences would hold up against Zoro & wasn't taking any chances.

It's literally also the reason why Zoro, says he's almost invincible when he's in flames on mode. Note this is coming from a Zoro who hasn't landed any AdCoC on flames on King, because he kept running away.
We'll see what actually works on flames on Lunarians, obviously it won't be nothing like an adult lunarians flames on defences, in the coming chapters.

TL;DR:

King did not want to risk staying in flames on form, because he didn't want to risk getting hit by Zoro new more powerful attacks. Resorted to using flames off + speed and ultimately paid the price

Last edited:
But see All the Vegapunk’s also know how the lunarian durability works… a they all simply kept quiet about it and let the strawhats waste time because Oda wanted them not to say anything so that Zoro can have any relevance whatsoever here

Shaka and company could’ve literally told the strawhats 10 chapters ago how the Seraphims can be beaten

I also think this was poorly done in this fight. Because Oda didn’t clarify how Enma affects this and never gave Zoro an actual character arc to match it

Notice how every other CoC user we see develop their CoC develops it at a turning point in their character.
Luffy developed CoC after Ennies lobby where his test as a Captain was first done and then Sabaody where he suffered his biggest loss yet and had to think as a captain for the first time when he told his crew to retreat…. then from then on Luffy was using CoC sporadically throughout Amazon lily impel down and Marineford

Doffy and Ace were shown developing CoC in the points they both decided their character arcs. Doffy got CoC when he swore to destroy everything when he got strung up with his family… Ace developed CoC when he decided to protect Luffy and be his big brother

and when did Zoro get CoC? The accompanying dialogue for Zoro getting CoC is him repeating everything we already knew, kuina and Luffy and whatever… Same exact shit… No character arc or even a specific character moment… Zoro just gets CoC when the story randomly decided he needs to to win a fight

And the other problem is that it’s tied to Enma. It is a problem that MAJORITY of the fans believe Zoro can’t even use CoC without a sword… Its bad that Zoro is the only CoC user in the series who is so bad at it that he needs exterior items to help him do it

this is a bad fight in and of itself but I think it’s bad even when it comes to supposedly setting things up for the future or whatever you think CoC matters to Zoro in this situation
At least you understand better than most

Oda gave zoro CoC for the sake of it and mainly due to enma

Imagine you need CoC just to tame a sword and still struggle afterward to maintain mastery for a long period of time or else you die

Oda basically shows that Zoro isn't what fans think he is

Nah, both were required: King in flame off mode is still very durable and difficult to damage. It's not like Lunarians turn into normal humans, when in flame off mode, as seen when King could take CoC infused bird dance in flame off mode.
And King with CoA infused sword swings was > Zoro, means that pre CoC Zoro would ultimately lack the power to hang with base King and he would get steamrolled by Hybrid King's sheer power. Additonally he had that timelimit and even if KoH could have defeated King in the long run w/o the need to expose the lunarian gimmick, he wouldn't have gotten to the point where this could have been a realistic outcome.

With just either of the two he wouldn't have won the fight: CoA Zoro gets steamrolled and KoH Zoro w/o the gimmick exposure would get killed by his own sword.
CoC Zoro w/o the timelimit might be interesting, but it stands to question, whether CoC even damages them enough in order to defeat them, cause King actually took those KoH attacks in flame on mode.

H

Herrera95

1. King shouldn’t have ever removed his invincibility since his speed boosts did not actually help him fight Zoro any better as they had the same even clashes both with and without the flames
You both are just assuming flames are conscious controlled by Lunarians which we don't know and also are just assuming they can be flames on forever which we also doesn't know.

2. The fight was structured poorly because Oda wasted most of the panel time on Zoro learning CoC yet CoC isn’t what won the fight, the fight was won by Zoro learning when the invincibility was removed. His CoC barely mattered
I agree that the fight was poorly structured because it had an unnecessary plot on Enma nerfing Zoro which is stupid since beginning(pre-Oden flashback). But no the fight doesn't even show Zoro learning CoC. He just releases everything he had and CoC was already there. This is way different from Luffy learning Future Sight against Katakuri(which he didn't used to beat him too). And yes it sucks that learning CoC almost makes no difference since Zoro just needed to learn about Luanarian weakness and we don't even know if CoC attacks can hurt Lunarians with Flames On.

So the fight had some poor plots but overall was great. That's why I put it as #2 Zoro best fight after Zoro vs Daz Bones(just perfect).

you have two option.

Zoro can't damage King with his flame on even with AdvCoC. Some people just have bad memory or are in so much denial that they still can't accept Zoro's own explanation.