One Piece Chapter 1,078: " Escape Limit "

What would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
It's disorienting how dumb people are in this story. Like Lucci shows up and turns everything to shit, then Stussy ruins him. Stussy becomes an ally and because Lucci turned things to shit, shit turns on him and makes him an ally too. What's the point?
just plot devices so the straw hats can escape.
Post automatically merged:

I know but for now I dont have a stable job. So gonna focus on it for now.

once its stable, I wll be able to do both.
look up dropshipping,anyone can do that as a side hustle(or main job)

It's disorienting how dumb people are in this story. Like Lucci shows up and turns everything to shit, then Stussy ruins him. Stussy becomes an ally and because Lucci turned things to shit, shit turns on him and makes him an ally too. What's the point?
Lucci shouldn't have been brought back.
God i fucking hate those type of people (the women filming - she knows what shes doing) :whitepress::whitepress::whitepress:
Dresses up in a literal bra and shorts and tries to accuse a random dude who's just walking by of being a pervert.
So fucking goofy man. :lusalty:

Last edited:
One other thing:

Are we sure this is the actual York?

I've re-read the arc and some things need proper clear-up.

When Edison was shot by the traitor York was running around in Usopp's group. How didn't they notice her shooting Edison and then eliminating all the cams?

Not to mention that the last orders to the Seraphim before they turned on everyone ("Stop the fighting!") were given by Edison. How could York overwrite those commands?

I could be overthinking this one of course, but with all the deception being hinted at this arc ("I can change my appearance/face to whatever I want" etc.) I think that there is at least the possibility of another twist coming up.

If not (which is the most likely scenario of course) I just hope Oda properly explains those questionmarks.

Theory on how York intends to become a Celestial Dragon:

She can't just think they'll let her become one. And she can't have thought the way to go about it was to force the government to come and kill them all. The only reason would be that she needs to force a Gorosei to show up in person. Why? To do a personality swap with Saturn. She may have access to Law's lineage factor via the Seraphim program and where has she been working out of? The old devil fruit laboratory. Doffy set up this possibility, but maybe York will be the one to actually try it.

Even if an artifical Ope-Ope no mi isn't involved (it would be hax), Atlas did mention that she could change her appearance to whatever she liked, so York could probably do the same.

One other thing:

Are we sure this is the actual York?

I've re-read the arc and some things need proper clear-up.

When Edison was shot by the traitor York was running around in Usopp's group. How didn't they notice her shooting Edison and then eliminating all the cams?

Not to mention that the last orders to the Seraphim before they turned on everyone ("Stop the fighting!") were given by Edison. How could York overwrite those commands?

I could be overthinking this one of course, but with all the deception being hinted at this arc ("I can change my appearance/face to whatever I want" etc.) I think that there is at least the possibility of another twist coming up.

If not (which is the most likely scenario of course) I just hope Oda properly explains those questionmarks.
Pythagoras was shot by S-Snake, not by the traitor.

York would have had to have given the commands in advance to the Seraphim since they can't be overwritten, but she's been planning this for 2 months at least so she had plenty time to do so.

It only just occurred to me after actually reading the chapter but it's very thematic and fitting that Desire is the antagonist after Vegapunk's explanation of the devil fruits being expressions of human desire, and the way that ties in with scientific innovation and futurism. Very interested to see where Oda goes with that.

I mean I want to work and make some money this month.

by the time zoro fight Kizaru I would have made at least 120 usd.

a simultanuous win for me and zoro.
You don't even know he will fight Kizaru, so complaining about the wait is putting your life on hold for a what-if.

Fallacy, appeal to the unknown.