Who is the strongest Gorosei?

• Total voters

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Nah mate.

Everyone was ranking Kidd as a Low Top Tier, which isn't far fetched considering what him and Law accomplished and Oda's parallel with Luffy (Even if they're not Equal).

Now I'm not one who would think Kidd would win, far from it. But claiming Kidd was annihilated or one shotted, if true is too much.
The incident with GB was already breaking some boundaries with writing regarding Shanks, it was all over the place.
From Momo not wanting help, to be helped by Shanks, it was what it was.

Shanks dominating Kidd (if it happened) throws some mud in BM for example, no one is denying Shanks superiority over Kidd, but him overwhelming him to this extent.
Calling Kid or Law low top-tier when they barely beat by far the most incompetent top-tier in what appears to be one of the most convenient battles in OP is among the most clueless things you could do as a power scaler. I don't think Kid's defeated yet, but this is never supposed to be that hard a fight for Shanks. Kid's lack of skill was well established in Wano, and a lot of us pointed out that he wouldn't fare well against skilled fighters like Shanks. But the people who don't respect the match-up circumstances have been thinking otherwise.

I mean no, we haven't seen Shanks fight.
We know Shanks is a swordsman, but being a swordsman isn't an exclusive fighting style. Shanks could have multiple fighting styles.

At the moment, Shanks has more hype than Mihawk.
Shanks has more hype, yes

But in situations where Mihawk and Shanks are directly compared Mihawk comes out on top

We've never seen Shanks do anything without his sword

I know the kickboxer thing is a joke but does anyone actually believe Oda's gonna create a new style for Shanks out of thin air to put him over Mihawk? I just don't see it

Three possible scenarios here

Scenario 1
-RHPs defeated Kid pirates but Oda offscreened most of the fight, this is another Kaido/Oden situation, leakers are hyping up Shanks oneshotting Kid but in reality we only see the "finisher" and Kid took many more hits prior to that.

Scenario 2
-Same as above expect Kid isn't defeated, his crew is but he's still conscious.

Scenario 3
-Shanks actually 1 vs all'd Kid's crew and oneshotted everybody, reads like some fanfic honestly.

But in situations where Mihawk and Shanks are directly compared Mihawk comes out on top

I know the kickboxer thing is a joke but does anyone actually believe Oda's gonna create a new style for Shanks out of thin air to put him over Mihawk? I just don't see it
Shanks could unironically be a hakiman.

His mastery of haki is portrayed to be at such a level, where he might not even need a weapon to fight.

Shanks battles against Mihawk where ages ago, Shanks became a Yonko 6 years ago, after he lost his arm. Seems obvious Oda is holding something back about Shanks powers