Who is the strongest Gorosei?

• Total voters
1. Luffy told Ace that they'd have to fight to the death for One Piece.

2. Luffy has stated, twice, that fighting Shanks is part of his MO for becoming PK.

3. His "friendly" relationship with the crew means nothing when the stakes are about finding the titular macguffin

4. Usopp's relationship with his father is actually pretty unknown. We dont actually know if he truly loves or hates his father for abandoning him. They CAN fight.

5. And most importantly, you are taking into the assumption that you KNOW Shanks' true motivations, especially when they are called into question after talking to Gorosei, the very people who are trying to kill VP and destroy Egghead.

Stop assuming "bad blood" is the main drive or that there wont even be bad blood by the time we get to it.
Usopp has never shown any resentment for Yasopp during the entirety of the series. Oda dropping a drama bomb out of nowhere would be bad writing.

I think the original plan for Kid back in shaboady was to create a rival for Luffy for the first half of the new world, they would clash a few times every other arc and then would team up on Wano where Luffy and Kid would take down an emperor each. Then Kid would get defeated in the final saga by Shanks to establish just how strong he is and make us think "ok, shit got real"
Sadly Law was created and became much more popular than Kid and basically became a main character so there was no place to fit Kid in the story before wano. Even in Wano he didn't shine as much as he should have considering how much he was built up in shaboady because he had to share all of his screentime with Law who was even put in the Big Mom fight and now Kid is defeated without ever having had the chance to look like the rival he was meant to be. Useless captain mid indeed :kayneshrug:

OP has a great variety of side characters but Oda doesn’t use them right
Yes, the SHC are the main focus but treat other characters with some respect
Kidd was supposed to be Luffy's rival
OP is really weak in this regard
That’s always been my least favorite part

OP probably has my favorite side cast in animanga but they aren’t utilized very well

Like what do these characters really accomplish that doesn’t involve the Strawhats at all

That’s why I like Cross Guild and the Revolutionaries

They have very little to do with the Strawhats (for now) but still get things done