Status
Not open for further replies.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
This is a mafia game, where people vote to lynch. If you can't handle that then don't play.

Ok and you can post that in another thread. Lemme remind you again, your birthday has nothing to do with this mafia game. This is not a pity party. But you can cry if you want to. Cry me a river.
damn girl, no pity:snoopy:

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Isekai is just fiction with more unnessecary steps
In most cases the Isekai part is just a way to introduce the mechanics of the world. It's a case of telling and not showing, and they get away with it because the main character similarly has no idea how any of it works so as they learn, so do we.

I somewhat agree that it's a very saturated and lazy genre on the whole, and leans far too much into power fantasy tropes (especially with edgelord MC's) but there are some that are worthwhile - Re:Zero being one of them.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
In most cases the Isekai part is just a way to introduce the mechanics of the world. It's a case of telling and not showing, and they get away with it because the main character similarly has no idea how any of it works so as they learn, so do we.

I somewhat agree that it's a very saturated and lazy genre on the whole, and leans far too much into power fantasy tropes (especially with edgelord MC's) but there are some that are worthwhile - Re:Zero being one of them.
Re;Zero, Konosuba and Eminence in Shadows are the goated isekais

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
I just finished! Man, it was wonderful. I liked Part 1 a lot too, but Part 2 was just really, really well done. I feel like Danmachi has been getting better and better the further in it goes, kind of like Index in that regard too (I feel pile both series share a lot of similarities in how they're structured). Really, really fun.

Going to start Sword Oratoria tonight, then I guess light novels once I'm done with the Index ones.
It was my favourite Season of it too. Even though I didn't think highly of Part 1, Part 2 just blew my expectations away, in a good way.

It's probably one of those series that the further we go in, the better it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.