Luffy doesnt even know about Thatch and as far as i understand he doesnt hate neither BB or Akainu for Ace's death.

PK race is not enough for his inevitable class with Teach. Someone has to die so the stakes will be raised. Idk who will be but Garp and Law are good candidates. Some people think Shanks will die by BB's hands also but im not a fan of this theory.
teach told Luffy back in impel down "your brother is dying because he tried to save you from me"
And luffy said he can't be pirate king without defeating everyone. he already has reasons to fight teach.
besides, their intro scene is one liking what the other hates. they are meant to fight.

teach told Luffy back in impel down "your brother is dying because he tried to save you from me"
And luffy said he can't be pirate king without defeating everyone. he already has reasons to fight teach.
besides, their intro scene is one liking what the other hates. they are meant to fight.
No shit Sherlock ofc they will fight..

Thing is Luffy never fights someone just because "i want to be the PK".

Meme stole Sanji and this created intensity and a serious reason to go to Tottoland, Kaido was a tyrant in Wano and he helped Momo etc etc.

He doesnt suddenly pop up to some island to fight next level boss.