Current Events Why Garp is beating Aokiji

Who wins?

• Garp

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Aokiji

Votes: 47 74.6%

• Total voters
Pretty simple, if a legend like Rayleigh is very aware that he can't beat Teach so he found another way to Win without fighting than Garp is very capable of the same since he allied to Roger to beat Rocks (a crew he knew he wouldn't be able to win by himself).

So if Garp is enganging at Aokiji without trying anything else (don't say shouting him to comeback to marines was really him trying to avoid a fight) is because he knows he is capable of doing it.

And even that Rayleigh had no doubt when going against Kizaru

So Garp is sure that he is capable of handling Aokiji and he surely has the ability to know that just like he was sure he would kill Akainu back at Marineford

Not only that but Aokiji is clearly incapable of knowing what are his limits otherwise he wouldn't have fight Akainu neither would have free Teach's crew

Different situation.BB was away with a few crew members that got turned to stone by Boa and he was outnumbered in a 3 v 1.Garp is a bad position,he is facing Kuzan+bb commanders+an army of fodder.His swords underlings are too weak to fight the commanders and a army.Garp will need to pull off a whitebeard so they can safely flee with Koby.

Different situation.BB was away with a few crew members that got turned to stone by Boa and he was outnumbered in a 3 v 1.Garp is a bad position,he is facing Kuzan+bb commanders+an army of fodder.His swords underlings are too weak to fight the commanders and a army.Garp will need to pull off a whitebeard so they can safely flee with Koby.
Teach 1 v 3 Hancock, Koby and Rayleigh?

No dude.

First of all Koby isn't helping either Rayleigh or Hancock. They are both enemies of him. Second, Teach could have killed Hancock before Rayleigh doing anything. Third, Koby wouldn't do shit because he wanted to save the lives of those who became stone.

So would be only Teach vs Rayleigh.

You are headcannoing about Sword members being too weak. They were just weak to Aokiji. They didn't faced Teach's commander yet.

Plus Garp has CoC he can knock fodders easily.

Teach 1 v 3 Hancock, Koby and Rayleigh?

No dude.

First of all Koby isn't helping either Rayleigh or Hancock. They are both enemies of him. Second, Teach could have killed Hancock before Rayleigh doing anything. Third, Koby wouldn't do shit because he wanted to save the lives of those who became stone.

So would be only Teach vs Rayleigh.

You are headcannoing about Sword members being too weak. They were just weak to Aokiji. They didn't faced Teach's commander yet.

Plus Garp has CoC he can knock fodders easily.
Koby could have easily broken those BB pirates that became statues,making BB lose 3 powerful devil fruit users.None of these Swords members are vice admirals,marines ranks take into account strength too.

Garp is losing. Besides the narrative point as others have already mentioned, he’s already started out by lamenting his decrease in strength. The entire point of the Koby kidnapping plot was to draw out Garp for sacrifice.
The rest of Sword, Perona & Moria will escape, but Garp is going down.

Garp dying but saving Koby is surely a win for him. And we could say Garp wins over Aokiji but then gets jumped by other Teach's subordinates like Shiryuu for example.
Garp will allow the new Hero to escape but stay back himself. It also makes sense narrative wise to have the old Hero lose to save the new one. The stage is set for his defeat, now it remains to be seen if Oda can actually follow through with this.

At some point Shiryu might sneak him, very possible.

There is no such thing as rise of BBP's as the theme of post wano era. BBP's are collecting Devil Fruits since Marineford. They aren't taking wins at all fronts. Amazon Lily they failed to get Hancock's DF. It seems they let Law escape. Teach fight against Law was much harder than Shanks fight against Kid.
There absolutely is.
- Kuzan and Auger defeated Cracker and captured Pudding.
- BB defeated and destroyed the Law pirates. The difficulty is only relevant for Power scaling and has no impact on the narrative.
- BB neg diffed Boa a 1.6B pirate and kidnapped Koby to pressure the WG. Now conveniently the legit Hero of the Navy walked into his turf.
- BBP are near Egghead. A shocking event will happen. 50 bucks on the BBP's walking out with an insane W.

As much as I'd love to say Garp there's no narrative sense for Garp to win.

Oda is going out of his way to show Garp ain't in his prime anymore and is still pushing admirals to extreme diff.

Prime Garp would have mid diff'd Kuzan but old Garp is probably going to get beat

I really don't see Garp winning here.

Even if he ends up having the upper-hand for the majority of the fight (which I don't think will happen), there are other commanders on the island.

I can see a scenario where Garp stalls long enough for Coby and the rest of SWORD to escape. I can also kinda see Teach getting back to the island to see Kuzan refusing to finish off Garp, and then driving him off due to Kuzan appearing to betray him. Kuzan takes an injured Garp and escapes.

Koby could have easily broken those BB pirates that became statues,making BB lose 3 powerful devil fruit users.None of these Swords members are vice admirals,marines ranks take into account strength too.
First of all as I said Koby didn't wanted to kill anyone. He wanted to save lives.

Second, Sword members break completely the original marine rank. Since they are sword there is no reason for them to keep raising at the traditional marine rank so they can be much stronger than their marine rank implies them to be.
Post automatically merged:

There absolutely is.
- Kuzan and Auger defeated Cracker and captured Pudding.
- BB defeated and destroyed the Law pirates. The difficulty is only relevant for Power scaling and has no impact on the narrative.
- BB neg diffed Boa a 1.6B pirate and kidnapped Koby to pressure the WG. Now conveniently the legit Hero of the Navy walked into his turf.
- BBP are near Egghead. A shocking event will happen. 50 bucks on the BBP's walking out with an insane W.
They took Pudding when Big Mom wasn't there...
Defeated Law but let him escape not getting his DF.
Defeated Boa but ran away from Rayleigh not getting her DF.
Who says Egghead is close to Victory Island? And Teach just had a hard diff fight against Law he isn't able to pic a fight either with Luffy or Marines.
Shocking Event will be Luffy's main crew vs Marines only. Save my words Oda will offscreen this and timeskip a bit where Strawhats got separated again.

I really don't see Garp winning here.

Even if he ends up having the upper-hand for the majority of the fight (which I don't think will happen), there are other commanders on the island.

I can see a scenario where Garp stalls long enough for Coby and the rest of SWORD to escape. I can also kinda see Teach getting back to the island to see Kuzan refusing to finish off Garp, and then driving him off due to Kuzan appearing to betray him. Kuzan takes an injured Garp and escapes.
That's what I'm beting. Garp defeats Aokiji were heavily implies that he would but then get jumped.

But your scenario of Aokiji not finishing Garp and Teach seeing this... Very unlikely. First of all Aokiji already made clear he is doing as he pleases and showed no confusion at all to attack Garp first. Second people are thinking too much Van Augur will teleport everybody back to island. We don't know the capabilities of his power. So far we only saw him teleporting one person by not so very far distance.

Garp is going to push him to extreme diff what's wrong with that?

Oda won't disrespect Garp by making it extreme diff.
Agree but how fight started doesn't seem that Garp will take the worse in a 1v1 against him. Would be good though if Aokiji had a haki bloom or maybe his awakening change the game in his favor.

Last edited:
-Teach wants to use a "marine Hero" to negotiate with the World Government the status of King of an acknowledged Kingdom (probably to be granted permissione to show up in Mary Geoise as a guest and not an as enemy, just like he did with his former Shikibukai status and the Impel Down incident)
-He kidnapped Koby, the "mere" Hero of the Rocky Port Incident
-Monkey D. Garp shows up in his headquarter, the fucking HERO of the marines, without a proper military backup (2 rear admirals, One captain plus Koby, Helmeppo, Tashigi, probably Moria at some point, anyway they won't die there) because all units were sent to Egghead Island
-Law and Kidd have been beaten, in the New World now there are only the new four Emperors, while Kuma and the Revos are openly fighting the WG itself: a battle royal is coming, a huge incident Is about to happen, Luffy has 3 Red PG and Laugh Tale isn't a dream anymore. Even more, Teach and Shanks also recently gained the Red PG and are actively moving to claim the throne. The Yonko now HAVE to fight, they have to ho against each other.

What do you think could possibly happen?
Just connect the dots, 'cause it's straightforward

Garp will die. Even old and past his prime I don't think garp will lose 1v1 to a mere admiral, the bbp are supposed to be fucking ruthless, I see no reason why they don't gang up on him. Aokiji can keep him busy while Pizarro uses his df to grab gaps feet or something and shiryu can sneak up and stab him in the back.

As of rn garp is the only canon marine to be shown to have reached top tier, but that doesn't mean he's going to survive, he may have been top tier but he doesn't have kaidos durability, he's not going to survive getting jumped by multiple ycs.

Shanks claiming anything doesn't make the least sense.

But will all explode with the Man Marked by Flames.
Of courde It makes sense, Oda Is just cryptic with him, but all Emperors are on the move and they'll be clashing very soon. So, Blackbeard Pirates will have the upper hand and we'll get rid of another great old era character, the only question Is how clean the fight will be :kuzanshut:

Of courde It makes sense, Oda Is just cryptic with him, but all Emperors are on the move and they'll be clashing very soon. So, Blackbeard Pirates will have the upper hand and we'll get rid of another great old era character, the only question Is how clean the fight will be :kuzanshut:
Dude just think about it.

From OG Yonko WB and Shanks did nothing to claim One Piece.

In fact is even weird how WB had no possession of Red Poneglyph when he was clearly the Pirate King after Roger. Unless Teach already got it from his war against WB pirates remainers.