My Hero Academia - Chapter 387 - Congealing

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Anyone else feels that the whole "Dabi family drama" is dragged out too much? This part of the story lost its spark to me a long time ago.

It should've been resolved the first time Dabi revealed himself.

Anyone else feels that the whole "Dabi family drama" is dragged out too much? This part of the story lost its spark to me a long time ago.

Not in the slightest lol.

Its a major plot line, by the time Dabi revealed himself we didn't have the time to even explore his full backstory.

This is still incredibly fast paced and almost rushing to the point.

Seth

โ€Ž

Its a major plot line, by the time Dabi revealed himself we didn't have the time to even explore his full backstory.

It's such a dead fucking plot, lol.

Mfker is salty because he couldn't handle his powers and ruined himself and blames Endy.

Endy is at fault too but Dabi overblows the situation by a landslide.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
It's such a dead fucking plot, lol.

Mfker is salty because he couldn't handle his powers and ruined himself and blames Endy.

Endy is at fault too but Dabi overblows the situation by a landslide.
:nicagesmile:

It is that trash's fault completely.

Rei being there pretty much confirms Endy is not dying

I also though maybe Dabi survives now, but I might be wrong

Any chapter with Endeavors perspective is good imo. His fight/struggle continues to be the highlight of the series.

I can't imagine Dabi dying anymore, even in his current status. But there's no going back for him physically (outside of Eri shenanigans) and him dying peacefully would be best. I think Rei is going to have a great emotional moment here since she was complicit with everything.

Well probably find out that Natsuo has an ice quirk that he trained after Toya died or something as well.

Yes, this whole Dabi drama should have been resolved much quicker. Dabi has become an annoyance at this point.

Dabi feels bad. Dabi blames everyone else and takes no responsibility. Dabi wants revenge. Look at me. You are gonna pay. Look at me. Wash, rinse, repeat. Eliminate the wash, rinse, repeat and you get an excellent side story.

I hope this side story is resolved quickly so we can get back to more interesting matters like Shiggy, Deku, Uraraka/Froppy/Toga, AM vs. AFO for starters.

Seth

โ€Ž
Dabi feels bad. Dabi blames everyone else and takes no responsibility. Dabi wants revenge. Look at me. You are gonna pay. Look at me. Wash, rinse, repeat. Eliminate the wash, rinse, repeat and you get an excellent side story.
Perfectly described. Lmao.

I hope so too.

:nicagesmile:

It is that trash's fault completely.
No. Endy is self-centered a-hole. But, Dabi could have chosen to do something different. Compare how Kyojuro Rengoku reacts to his dad rejecting him compared to Dabi. Somewhat similar situations, i.e. rejection of self and aspirations, but completely different decisions. Rengoku kept to his ideals. Dabi is just a whiney brat that wants to blame everybody else, not take responsibility for his decisions shaping his life, and dammit he is gonna get his "pound of flesh" no matter what.

Again, cool if it is over and done but it is Groundhog's day with Dabi.

This is what Dabi needs:

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
No. Endy is self-centered a-hole. But, Dabi could have chosen to do something different. Compare how Kyojuro Rengoku reacts to his dad rejecting him compared to Dabi. Somewhat similar situations, i.e. rejection of self and aspirations, but completely different decisions. Rengoku kept to his ideals. Dabi is just a whiney brat that wants to blame everybody else, not take responsibility for his decisions shaping his life, and dammit he is gonna get his "pound of flesh" no matter what.

Again, cool if it is over and done but it is Groundhog's day with Dabi.

This is what Dabi needs:

It's Endeavor's fault tho. He even admits it. Let's not pretend otherwise lmao. He destroyed his family. Abused them. Hit his wife. Did not allow his children to have a proper childhood. Just because some would react differently does not mean it's not the abuser's fault. And I don't recall Rengoku's family being abused. But it's been awhile since I finished KnY.

If it weren't Endy's fault we wouldn't be having all of this redemption from him and him trying to become a better man.

Not really, the Todoroki Family drama is still one of the more better subplots of MHA.

Also it was obvious that Hori wouldn't end this subplot until Dabi also confronted his mom and other two siblings, and Dabi is still one of the endgame villains so it's not that surprising that Hori would drag out this subplot.

Other than AFO, the Todoroki Family drama is the only other plot that I still find interesting in this story. I kind of lost interest in the other stuff such the Izuku vs Shigaraki fight as well as the Ochaco vs Toga fight, also it's better to focus on the Todoroki Family subplot first and get that over with before we move on to the other plots.

I guess some people thought that this subplot would quickly end with Dabi being killed, forgetting that Dabi is still one of the main villains of the story and that it wouldn't end until the entire family comes together.

We already had both Shoto and Endeavor confront Dabi, so it would also make sense for the mom and the other two siblings to confront him as well.

While I can maybe understand this subplot being somewhat dragged out, I personally don't think it's been dragged out that badly.

It's Endeavor's fault tho. He even admits it. Let's not pretend otherwise lmao. He destroyed his family. Abused them. Hit his wife. Did not allow his children to have a proper childhood. Just because some would react differently does not mean it's not the abuser's fault. And I don't recall Rengoku's family being abused. But it's been awhile since I finished KnY.

If it weren't Endy's fault we wouldn't be having all of this redemption from him and him trying to become a better man.
Endy is trying to make amends. Thumbs up to that. But relationships are a two-way street. Even parent-child. There is no lmfao about that.

Kyojuro was at least verbally abused. His dad turned into a non-functioning adult due to alcohol abuse after Ruka died. Those details are/were well-established.

Dabi could have chosen a different path but he did not. It is a very nice story line for a short to medium-term diversion. The repetition of his constantly crying about the past is a bore now. Also, having a bad childhood is no excuse for mass murder.

IMO, Shiggy can have that issue because it is intermingled with AFO's fate/influence. It isn't just a past event, it is constant conflict thanks to AFO.

"Staying misfortunate is negligence, and not trying to become happy is cowardice". Yotsugi Ononoki

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Endy is trying to make amends.
Certainly cuz he is at fault. We agree there.

But relationships are a two-way street. Even parent-child.
Yes but Dabi was irreparably damaged by Endy, so much that such small amends don't work.

Kyojuro was at least verbally abused. His dad turned into a non-functioning adult due to alcohol abuse after Ruka died. Those details are/were well-established.
Physical and verbal abuse trumps only verbal abuse. Dabi had it worse and went down a different path.

Dabi could have chosen a different path but he did not.
Yeah Dabi could have chosen a different path, but didn't. He snapped and lost it all.

Also, having a bad childhood excuse mass murder.
I am not trying to excuse Dabi of being a mass murderer.

. It is a very nice story line for a short to medium-term diversion. The repetition of his constantly crying about the past is a bore now
It's fine if you don't like the story of course, but as soon as it was revealed Dabi was still sorta alive after his confrontation with Shoto it was pretty clear we're getting more of him and his story.

I do also want to say that other than Shoto vs Dabi in the very beginning, we haven't had that much focus on the Todoroki Family subplot during this final war arc.

So far we have only focused on the stuff with Shigaraki, AFO, and Spinner, also I want the Todoroki Family subplot to get a proper ending and not a rushed one.

For those who are complaining, what did you expect Hori to do? Did you actually think he would just kill Dabi in the very beginning and just end the entire subplot like that?

That is not how it works, this subplot and the characters involved all need a proper ending.

Certainly cuz he is at fault. We agree there.

Yes but Dabi was irreparably damaged by Endy, so much that such small amends don't work.

Physical and verbal abuse trumps only verbal abuse. Dabi had it worse and went down a different path.

Yeah Dabi could have chosen a different path, but didn't. He snapped and lost it all.

I am not trying to excuse Dabi of being a mass murderer.

It's fine if you don't like the story of course, but as soon as it was revealed Dabi was still sorta alive after his confrontation with Shoto it was pretty clear we're getting more of him and his story.
I see your points clearer now. I maintain that Dabi being what Dabi is/became is/was Dabi's choice not just Endy's doing. We disagree on that but that is cool.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I see your points clearer now. I maintain that Dabi being what Dabi is/became is/was Dabi's choice not just Endy's doing. We disagree on that but that is cool.
Aye we can agree to disagree. That's fine.

Endy is trying to make amends. Thumbs up to that. But relationships are a two-way street. Even parent-child. There is no lmfao about that.

Dabi could have chosen a different path but he did not. It is a very nice story line for a short to medium-term diversion. The repetition of his constantly crying about the past is a bore now. Also, having a bad childhood is no excuse for mass murder.

IMO, Shiggy can have that issue because it is intermingled with AFO's fate/influence. It isn't just a past event, it is constant conflict thanks to AFO.

"Staying misfortunate is negligence, and not trying to become happy is cowardice". Yotsugi Ononoki
Its worth notin that Dabi actually did try to make amends, or believe that amends could be made.

After he was badly burnt and woke up, he realized he'd horribly mistreated his mother and still wanted to please his father. He didn't want much, he just wanted to see that his death had an impact on Endeavour.

That idea was shattered when he saw that Endeavour had not changed at all.

In other words, Endeavour made amends to his behaviour far too late for it to mean anything to Dabi.

If the Endeavour of the present story was the person that Touya ran into after waking up, Touya probably wouldn't have walked down this path.

This is not justifying his current actions. This is saying that Touya did make an attempt to make amends, but had that attempt quashed when he saw his life ultimately didn't matter to Endeavour.