Master Roshi, Sanji, Jaraiya, Denji, Hisoka, Koro-Sensei are all insanely popular? What’s your point here…
Are they popular for being perverts? Or in spite of it? I don't think anyone every said Roshi was great, because he tried blackmailing 16 year old Bulma for a panty shot. Fishman Island literally had Sanji nearly die from his perversion inspired blood loss. I'll take a male character crying every now and then over the pervert trope, but that's just me.

Last edited:
True. It would be so much better if the were generic stoic badasses or pervert characters. Everyone loves the pervert character in anime, right?
I hate pervert characters with a passion. Only exception is Sanji somehow but I also hate his pervert gags. And no, any other character prototype is fine for me getting CoC except for crybabies. I hate crybabies if you didn't know.

Crybaby characters is why I don't read MHA.

And now OP's own crybaby character is getting major focus. :whitepress:
The torture. :suresure::josad:
Izuku hasn't really been that much of a crybaby anymore and also that's a dumb reason to not read or watch MHA, at least have a better reason.

Crybaby characters being a new norm for protagonists are so annoying
There is nothing wrong with the protagonists having a good cry, don't know why some people are still obsessed with wanting to have them be nothing but serious characters all the time.

The only time it becomes a problem is when the character cries and complains a lot, but if there is a actual good reason for the character to cry then there is nothing wrong with that.

Are they popular for being perverts? Or inspite of it? I don't think anyone every said Roshi was great, because he tried blackmailing 16 year old Bulma for a panty shot. Fishman Island literally had Sanji nearly die from his perversion inspired blood loss. I'll take a male character crying every now and then over the pervert trope, but that's just me.
Multiple of the best liked DBS episodes are roshi episodes