Powers & Abilities Debunking Literally Every Argument Against Ryokugyu’s Black Blade

Does Ryokugyu Have A Black Blade?

• Total voters
So, in your opinion, Aramaki is very near to Mihawk's level? Is a high top tier? Because both has a black weapon, right?

So the same ACoC or ACoA level or both

Likely Mihawk >= Aramaki >= Shanks or Aramaki>= Mihawk>= Shanks?

He may be the EOS fight for Zoro? Even after Mihawk, if Aramaki >= Mihawk?

To be fair his create wanted to and even Garp said he would have come even if Ace was dead (and even more suicidal choice):

And Buggy told us clearly that WB avenge his own:
Why don't you realise that nobody was messing with Kaido because it's not guaranteed to beat him 1v1 even if you're WB or Roger

WB wankers come up with excuses
Oda made it clear that Roger and WB avoided BM many times, WB avoided fighting Kaido many times.

Why don't you realise that nobody was messing with Kaido because it's not guaranteed to beat him 1v1 even if you're WB or Roger

WB wankers come up with excuses
Oda made it clear that Roger and WB avoided BM many times, WB avoided fighting Kaido many times.
Maybe, even though it was said multiple times that WB > Kaido, and so by extension Roger > Kaido

Maybe, even though it was said multiple times that WB > Kaido, and so by extension Roger > Kaido
Only in piracy
Kaido is the only pirate to ever become Great Pirate because of his own strength
This guy was already been hyper embodiment of Power and Strongest guy since 28 years ago...

1v1 Kaido is almost unbeatable even against WB and Roger
That's why Oden could say "if I can't, nobody from my Era (including primbeard) could beat kaido" and we saw WB avoiding kaido for 10+ years
Oden couldnt do it twice (had a chance during thr war but yeah, he lost), Shanks couldn't beat him, BM couldn't, Joyboy Luffy couldn't win easily even after having PUs and help.

You need plot to outlast Kaido 1v1 if you're not eoS Joyboy or Imu
Even EoS Teach would struggle hard to beat Kaido

Zoro had a black blade but he didn't turn it into one.
Dunno why the same can't apply here, there is literally zero proof on whether he is a swordsman or not, just conjecture, but the fact that so far he has not used his sword once but isntead fought purely with his devil fruit is already balancing the argument towards one side.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Ryokugyu has a black blade in an official figurine

@Nidai_Kitetsu explain this if Ryokugyu doesn’t have a black blade lol.
Post automatically merged:

Another Figurine from the same studio:

Post automatically merged:

Yet another figuring from a completely separate figurine studio showing a black blade lmfao

Last edited:
Wanna know why I'm confident Ryo has a black blade in spite of not following "the way of the sword" or being "unworthy" ?
All the proposed alternatives are trash

Bokken/Wooden Sword is extremely unlikely due to the presence of the hamon pattern

that is clearly present on his blade.
This is not a thing with bokken. It's only possible with steel and and specialized japanese swordsmithing technique (Yoru is a western type sword so it doesn't have that)

You can clearly see the hamon pattern standing out on Zoro swords when he coat them all with hardening

Or Shusui

Ryo's sword now

Sheath?

A sheath that looks exactly like a BB? Let's be serious.
We can clearly see his blade going through his pants , and it fits his overall wild aesthetic for it to be unsheated.

So the only real alternative is that he actually painted his blade black. (lol)

I'm completely fine if Ryo doesn't turn out to have a BB as he still has to show even any sword skill and he's much more like a thug than a honorable swordsman like Mihawk/Ryuma, but so far all the alternatives to a BB sound comical, sorry not sorry.

What matters is whether GB forged the black blade or only carries an already forged one.
Friendly reminder that technically we don't even know if Mihawk forged his own.

Sense of this message is: if Ryo has a BB, then I'll treat the matter as I'll treat Mihawk's one. Asking Ryo an ulterior proof that Oda did not give even for Mihawk it would be just coping, imho.

I agree, I am just saying that if Oda did not specify that "even" for the Mihawk himself (that he forged it), it would be only wishful thinking to wait for a confirmation for Aramaki.
I mean mihawk's main thing is swordsmanship and black blade where for GB it's his DF. No focus was made about him being a swordsman like that. It simply makes more sense for him to wield an already forged black blade than creating one.

GB is less likely to have COC and if someone like him can forge one , it dilutes the concept of black blade forging.

I mean mihawk's main thing is swordsmanship and black blade where for GB it's his DF. No focus was made about him being a swordsman like that. It simply makes more sense for him to wield an already forged black blade than creating one.

GB is less likely to have COC and if someone like him can forge one, it dilutes the concept of black blade forging.
I overall agree, but we haven't even seen GB going seriously through, and Black or not he certainly carries a sword with him.

If he has a black blade, the ones that had thought he was "weak" will just have to take their flat L. It would mean that Aramaki is very strong, not much to add.

I can understand that someone can not like it, but if he has a BB the next cope can't be "but maybe he hasn't forged", because we are almost at chapter 1100 and Oda did not care to explicitly confirm that even for Mihawk. It would be just a way to postpone forever the L.

I overall agree, but we haven't even seen GB going seriously through, and Black or not he certainly carries a sword with him.

If he has a black blade, the ones that had thought he was "weak" will just have to take their flat L. It would mean that Aramaki is very strong, not much to add.

I can understand that someone can not like it, but if he has a BB the next cope can't be "but maybe he hasn't forged", because we are almost at chapter 1100 and Oda did not care to explicitly confirm that even for Mihawk. It would be just a way to postpone forever the L.
If GB is confirmed to not have adv coc or coc and still forged a black blade , then black blades are not much of a big deal then which I doubt it. We shall see.

If GB is confirmed to not have adv coc or coc and still forged a black blade , then black blades are not much of a big deal then which I doubt it. We shall see.
We shall see. Hopefully the anime will clarify in some weeks in one sense or another.

Tbh, I think forging a Black Blade is more of an incredible achievement in CoA than in CoC. Even though I think all admirals have CoC.

I do think the fact he carries a sword does up his chances of having one. He’s a logia so he could technically just make a sword out of his element whenever he wants just like the other logia admirals. Him carrying one implies that the sword is more than that tho
I do think it’s a wooden sword tho cause it’d fit his fruit