ONE PIECE Live Action - Episodes Discussion Thread

No. They killed one of the best moments. Can't agree it's correct, no buts or ifs.

Gin was still there, not sure what your argument is with "there are too many characters". Just needed more screentime and the right dialogue / introduction and his original look was perfectly fine.
That this is not a manga with 1000+ chapters, this is an 8 episode series, more characters with no plot function will only confuse the casual spectator. Not everyone is a hardcore one piece fan, if anything, this live action purpose is more to attract fans who dont know what one piece is about, than to please harcore fans, so adding characters wouldnt be great, is better to explore more the main cast.

Probably they had no idea on how to make events happen in Syrup without Kuro, while they had the idea of just removing Krieg from Baratie with putting Arlong in his place. They didn't want to have too many villains.
If i was the production, i would have just not wasted all that time with Koby's fragment, but instead they decided to have 2 different plots moving on with one being Luffy and the crew and the other being Koby and the marines. Imo that was the weird choice, seeing how little focus Koby has in the manga, i wonder what they ve seen in him.
I think Koby got the build up because of cover stories and the fact he appeared in more recent manga chapters. Oda must be planning something big for Koby. He suddenly became important to Oda as a plot device.

That this is not a manga with 1000+ chapters, this is an 8 episode series, more characters with no plot function will only confuse the casual spectator. Not everyone is a hardcore one piece fan, if anything, this live action purpose is more to attract fans who dont know what one piece is about, than to please harcore fans, so adding characters wouldnt be great, is better to explore more the main cast.
Again. Gin is there in the show actually, he was already added.

I think Koby got the build up because of cover stories and the fact he appeared in more recent manga chapters. Oda must be planning something big for Koby. He suddenly became important to Oda as a plot device.
I am kind of afraid of that too. Still, they didn't really gave him a look good in this live action imo...
Post automatically merged:

Again. Gin is there in the show actually, he was already added.
He was more of an easter egg...

It's kinda rough for Sanji fans tbh.

Sanji is the character introduced in the second half, we already had 4 episodes with Nami.

and then they cut Sanji's biggest moments from his own arc, to help her character?

Nami was already strong as a character as she was, before the Baratie, in the live action imo.

Nami's story in the first 4 episodes is better than the manga / anime imo. She gets to fight more, she gets to be smarter and do more shit.

She didn't need anything else to already be a great character.

Sanji felt lacking for it.
I agree with that, but I also understand why they made that choice. I'm neutral on this, I cried at the end of baratie so the job was well enough done for me. But I get what you are saying.. It diminish a little bit Sanji's character arc.

I am kind of afraid of that too. Still, they didn't really gave him a look good in this live action imo...

He was more of an easter egg...
Ok so you admit he was on the show. There's no extra addition. He specifically asked for food. They could have given him more screen time. What are you even trying to argue there. Just move on if you misremembered, it's ok ... good grief.

Nah Garp throwing a hissy fit after Mihawk schools him doesn't look good.
Agree he shouldn't have lost his cool. But I thought he was always a bit too emotional in the manga/anime and pretty much childish like Luffy.

I

Indigo

Helmeppo's the greatest hype man ever, he said that Mihawk's the strongest mf with a blade in history! If you have a sword you are weaker than him, my Ryuma stocks! :crazwhat:
any time other people work on One Piece

be the movies, the anime, the live action

they all hype up Zoro and Mihawk more lmao

Zoro is definetly carrying this show. His scenes are actually well done. That's probably because his actor actually has sword training.
Anime Zoro : loud and dumb
LA Zoro: soft spoken and level headed

He's acting differently. Will it be more appealing to the viewers? I kind of missed the anime Zoro.

Finished it now
Seems very weird to me how they decided to use which character. It felt like i was watching cobypiece
Also that Mihawk and Garp interaction was the weirdest thing ever

Last edited:
Ok so you admit he was on the show. There's no extra addition. He specifically asked for food. They could have given him more screen time. What are you even trying to argue there. Just move on if you misremembered, it's ok ... good grief.

Agree he shouldn't have lost his cool. But I thought he was always a bit too emotional in the manga/anime and pretty much childish like Luffy.
I apologize, I explained my self not in the best way. I didn't mean that Gin wasnt in the series, just that giving him a larger role, from my view, would have made the show more caotic (by a little margin of course). Given how Krieg was handled, there wasn't really a purpose for Gin character, they still gave him his most touching scene tho, that shows the heart and deepest value of Sanji.
Background actors (like Beckman, Lucky roo, or Gin) do not count as proper "characters", they dont overcomplicate the amount of names that the viewer has to remember because they dont really have a meaningful role in the story.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Science(Knowledge) + God(Light) = Truth
Just finished the second episode, love what they did with Buggy. the whole circus them was done very well.

RIP Richie, I wonder if he'll actually show up in the future, or if he's written out of the show?

Giving Cabaji a reason to want to kill Zoro was cool, did a lot to show how pirates in the East Blue view Zoro as this mythical, diabolical figure.

Can't wait for Usopp next.