Character Discussion Lucci is Pica 2.0

@Veku, @Ryuarashi, @MarineHQ, @ZenZu as Lucci fans (or at least defenders), what do you think about the fight taking this turn?

It think it might be in character for Lucci. Especially with what he said about S-Hawk running from the fight to hunt the weaker Strawhats.

If Lucci recognises Zoro's superiority in direct combat, he might try to complete the Vegapunk assassination or go after the weaker Strawhats.
It's not in character for him to run, despite getting ragdolled by Luffy he was still up for the challenge.

At worst he'll try to asssainate Vegapunk while everyone including Zoro is distracted by the Ancient Robot.

My headcannon is that only the main body of Vegapunk will live, there's not enough space on the sunny to carry them all.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It's not in character for him to run, despite getting ragdolled by Luffy he was still up for the challenge.
That's because he refused to accept Luffy's superiority then. He was denying it.

In the scenario @Monkey D Theories painted, Lucci recognises that Zoro is superior to him in CQC.

And as for in character, it was Lucci that explained S-Hawk running from the fight with Zoro when he realised he couldn't win.

That's because he refused to accept Luffy's superiority then. He was denying it.

In the scenario @Monkey D Theories painted, Lucci recognises that Zoro is superior to him in CQC.

And as for in character, it was Lucci that explained S-Hawk running from the fight with Zoro when he realised he couldn't win.
@Monkey D Theories senario is just not possible, knowing various battle tactics is expected for Lucci being trained from a young age.

Lucci has never fought like that (staying airborne and spamming rankyaku). That's something Kaku would do since he specializes in rankyaku. Lucci is a cqc fighter and he will fight as such even if he's getting overpowered by AdCoC.

There's a difference between running from the fight because you're inferior vs taking advantage of distractions to complete the mission objective.

. Lucci is a cqc fighter and he will fight as such even if he's getting overpowered by AdCoC.
That’s something Luffy or Kid would do.

Unlike those two, Lucci doesn’t have a will of his own. He just does whatever the WG tells him.

In that sense he’s kinda smart as he doesn’t just run into a battle only to get his ass beat.

Yes Lucci said he didn’t accept Luffy as yonko, but that was evidently just cope. Because he subsequently allied with Luffy only to switch sides the moment Kizaru came and he no longer needed to face Luffy.

Lucci running or fighting like Pica is absolutely something he would do if he knew he was in a fight he couldn’t win. Something that might become evident once he experiences Zoro’s ACoC.

Ultimately, Lucci was sent to Egghead for one purpose: to kill Vegapunk. He doesn’t need to kill Zoro, as long as Vegapunk dies he did his job.

That’s something Luffy or Kid would do.

Unlike those two, Lucci doesn’t have a will of his own. He just does whatever the WG tells him.

In that sense he’s kinda smart as he doesn’t just run into a battle only to get his ass beat.

Yes Lucci said he didn’t accept Luffy as yonko, but that was evidently just cope. Because he subsequently allied with Luffy only to switch sides the moment Kizaru came and he no longer needed to face Luffy.

Lucci running or fighting like Pica is absolutely something he would do if he knew he was in a fight he couldn’t win. Something that might become evident once he experiences Zoro’s ACoC.

Ultimately, Lucci was sent to Egghead for one purpose: to kill Vegapunk. He doesn’t need to kill Zoro, as long as Vegapunk dies he did his job.
Lucci isn't aiming vegapunk anymore after kizaru came
That's why he said "kill Yonko number 2 is enough"
He doesn't care about fighting luffy anymore cause ge knows he's weaker and Vrgapunk is now Kizaru's job to handle

but where zoro will find someone to fight Lucci so he can attack while he is distracted fighting another person and does not have haki activated?
Maybe Zoro can have Sentomaru distract him. It worked for Luffy somewhat. Luffy might have failed to take Lucci out but he did get a free hit that's to the distraction.

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Just like Kaido when he was fighting, he got distracted while fighting Zoro and turned his back on Asura Zoro.
Headcannon.

Kaido didn't turn away from Zoro while fighting him. Zoro called Kaido out and challenged him to a fight. Zoro ended up behind Kaido because he was too fast for him and blitzed Kaido with his attack..
Post automatically merged:

Too bad that was a 2 v 1, and Apoo was distracted.
2v1

as Lucci fans (or at least defenders), what do you think about the fight taking this turn?

It think it might be in character for Lucci. Especially with what he said about S-Hawk running from the fight to hunt the weaker Strawhats.

If Lucci recognises Zoro's superiority in direct combat, he might try to complete the Vegapunk assassination or go after the weaker Strawhats.
That's just my personal opinion. I believe Lucci is pretty strong, his comeback to the story was already a major success (which gives me hope for Enel) but I believe he didn't surpass any YC1 yet and I doubt he will.

To reach or surpass YC1 level fighters all have something that makes them unique.

- Kata FS
- King Lunarian Durability/Hax
- Marco invulnerability

Outside of the established Top Tiers those that surpassed that level are Zoro, Yamato and arguably Kid and Law. Two of those use aCoC while the other are Awakened (Law and Kid have portrayal as well).

I just don't think Lucci fits into that group until he actually proves us wrong since he is Awakened.

Also I would really like it if Lucci fights scummy and goes after weaker crew members then catches Zoro off guard and makes the fight even by injuring him.

@Veku, @Ryuarashi, @MarineHQ, @ZenZu as Lucci fans (or at least defenders), what do you think about the fight taking this turn?

@Monkey D Theories another point in your favour is that Zoro stomping opponents below his level was always when they were greatly endangering the weaker Strawhats/their allies or innocent citizens:
  • Hyouzou went to attack Robin: Zoro stomped with Rengoku Oni Giri
  • Monet injured Tashigi: Zoro put the fear of God in her
  • Pica was about to crush the Royal Plateau, killing Usopp, King Riku and countless ordees: Zoro used ISDS and Sanzen Sekai

It would be fitting with that panel if Zoro finally goes for the kill when Lucci tries to attack weaker crewmates or the SH's allies.
Second this. Lucci is a man that gets the job done, he doesn't seem to mind "playing fair". Going after the weaker ones is something he threatened to do all the way back in Enies Lobby, Luffy himself knew and that's why he promised to not let his eyes off Lucci (and now he has gotten dumb 700 chapters later).

Not that it would surprise Zoro, he doesn't really trust anyone to begin with (takes some time with him) and he certainly doesn't trust Lucci who already has shown his true colors by betraying them the first chance he got.

Apart from taking down Lucci I think it would be a shame if Zoro misses the chance to learn/steal Geppou (Sky Walk) this time around again. We have already seen Zoro express wanting to fly/wondering how others can fly. We've also seen that Zoro has a MAJOR weakness in the mobility department, especially aerially.

PTS it would have come in handy many times such as vs Punk Hazard Dragon, Monet (if she was smart), Doflamingo & Fujitora (if materialized), Pica, King, Kaido & Big Mom (if not due to Law) and now potentially Lucci. Kizaru is no different if it somehow comes to that. He needs it rectified, fast.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Apart from taking down Lucci I think it would be a shame if Zoro misses the chance to learn/steal Geppou (Sky Walk) this time around again. We have already seen Zoro express wanting to fly/wondering how others can fly. We've also seen that Zoro has a MAJOR weakness in the mobility department, especially aerially.
Zoro learned how to fly with Clear Lance though?
:choppawhat:

lmao @ImmaIvanoM I’m screwing around you do realize that?

My homies I agree with are coming for me lmao
No, you didn’t know that Zoro’s swords look different

don’t worry, you’re not alone. People were saying that shit when that chapter came out too… it got shut down real quick then too

@Cozy Sofa Didnt Zoro literally defeat a flying character one arc ago?

and Didn’t Zoro defeat that flying character in mid air as well?

It’s funny how I’m sure you would say Whitebeard, Shanks, Oden, Rayleigh, Roger, or Mihawk has a “ MAJOR weakness in mobility”… right? None of them know Geppo or whatever… They simply just JUMP

king was in mid air like a mile away from Onigashima and in his speed mode… Zoro not only just jumped the entire mile to King, he cut him down faster than king could react to him… He BLITZED A FLYING CHARACTER IN MID AIR

But for whatever reason Zoro has a mobility weakness… right… And Oden and friends do not have such mobility weaknesses… right

Last edited: