All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• The Pokémon equivalent of the Industrial Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The sewers were overflowing with tons of Zygarde Slime (new Key Item)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Time to bitch a little more tonight why not?...

Why do people insist on bringing either shiny Pokemon that aren't even the proper type for the tera, or they are but are weak to the Pokemon's original type and their trainers just disregard that?

And what's up with people just blindly bringing Ogerpon to raids when the mask isn't even the proper type for the raid? Is it new toy syndrome or are people just actually that dumb?

Everything I said last time we discussed this (extremely legitimate and frustratingly necessary) topic still stands, I’m so sick and tired of letting randos fuck up everything that I rely almost solely on my wife’s brother (who is - yeesh - 25 years younger than us) so I can at least direct him on what to do:specialmeh:

, I’m so sick and tired of letting randos fuck up everything that I rely almost solely on my wife’s brother (who is - yeesh - 25 years younger than us) so I can at least direct him on what to do:specialmeh:
Truly doesn't feel like we're playing with people older than 11 half the time. Too many times was I paired with someone using a legendary just because it's shiny and not actually helpful. Ogrepon's with the wrong mask for a raid seems like the new dimwit meta. And it's frustrating :kriwhat:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Truly doesn't feel like we're playing with people older than 11 half the time. Too many times was I paired with someone using a legendary just because it's shiny and not actually helpful. Ogrepon's with the wrong mask for a raid seems like the new dimwit meta. And it's frustrating :kriwhat:
Maybe you and I (and the other Pokéfreaks here) should just tackle shit together more often, then we’ll know the other participants have fucking brains in their heads :kayneshrug:

Why do people insist on bringing either shiny Pokemon that aren't even the proper type for the tera, or they are but are weak to the Pokemon's original type and their trainers just disregard that?

And what's up with people just blindly bringing Ogerpon to raids when the mask isn't even the proper type for the raid? Is it new toy syndrome or are people just actually that dumb?

People just want to show off their fancy Pokémon. It’s why Tera raids kinda suck if you can’t solo

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓

Randoms in raids are brainless bots

People just want to show off their fancy Pokémon. It’s why Tera raids kinda suck if you can’t solo
Mewtwo was the one raid despite being a 7* with a shitton of HP that I felt was doable since most people were on the same page using Mews/debuffs, also for some reason the only raid that I could equally trade attacks with my own pokemon VS Mewtwo without having it one-shot me everytime down (the current Hisuian Decidueye in contrast does 3-4 attacks/buffs/actions before I can even attack or use an action for example and I ran out of time 30+ times w/o being able to do decent dmg)

yoooooo

was just doing some daily encounters and this showed up X_X
just brought it to Scarlet :)

Reloaded on a rant,what a rare sight :myman:

I get the feeling some bring their shinys just to "show off" ,but to be fair for me i don‘t do much raids, because sometimes i don‘t have the right Pokemon to tackle some of these hard raids .
Solo ,they are impossible :kobeha:

Truly doesn't feel like we're playing with people older than 11 half the time
To be fair ,many kids in that agecategory play Pokemon ,even tho the age of the average Pokemon player has gone up significantly :milaugh:

Bepo D. Bear

Well-Known Bear

I got plenty more coming with this game. Stay tuned!

I get the feeling some bring their shinys just to "show off" ,but to be fair for me i don‘t do much raids, because sometimes i don‘t have the right Pokemon to tackle some of these hard raids .
You gotta grind exp candies. And EV's unfortunately matter a lot in the higher raids, it's almost gatekeepy in a sense.

To be fair ,many kids in that agecategory play Pokemon ,even tho the age of the average Pokemon player has gone up significantly :milaugh:
Aye :risitasad:

Sometimes solo is the way to go, so that the faints of others don't eat up your time. Great if the cpu has intimidate on a physical attacker or a beneficial terrain

I haven't done many in a long time (omg that last seven star was annoying) but there are always a ton of belly drumming goofballs fainting after getting off one attack

Okay. So after playing a handful of raids during the weekend (via the random search system) and not just paying attention to the Pokemon themselves, but their movesets. I think I may have found my answer. And @DarkestKnightofSpoilers what you said about not having the right Pokemon ready might actually hold some weight 👀

In one game, one player used Tinkaton against a Dragon Tera and used Rock Smash 👀

In another, there were 2 Garchomps being used in a Electric Tera battle against Tyranitar, but only one of them actually used the Ground tera. This one decided to be the literal Water type tera you can catch in that one cave. And here's the super kicker, fucker was using Dig. No not Earthquake, Dig.

Other interesting raids included when another group I was in was fighting a Tera Electric Politoed and the geniuses decided to bring Ground types. Disregarding Politoed's original typing giving it water moves. That game did not last long.

And what's more shocking is people are apparently bringing the "unrivaled" Pokemon from the events completely unchanged and without a tera change!

So what am I getting at you're probably wondering at this point?

I don't think it's entirely people being dumb anymore. No.

I think in actuality people simply don't have people don't have properly trained Pokemon period. No Hyper Training, no Ev's, Natures nothing.

In many of these cases, people are clearly just bringing their in-game teams/legendaries and hoping they can just muscle through somehow or get hard carried by the team.

Thoughts?

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Okay. So after playing a handful of raids during the weekend (via the random search system) and not just paying attention to the Pokemon themselves, but their movesets. I think I may have found my answer. And @DarkestKnightofSpoilers what you said about not having the right Pokemon ready might actually hold some weight 👀

In one game, one player used Tinkaton against a Dragon Tera and used Rock Smash 👀

In another, there were 2 Garchomps being used in a Electric Tera battle against Tyranitar, but only one of them actually used the Ground tera. This one decided to be the literal Water type tera you can catch in that one cave. And here's the super kicker, fucker was using Dig. No not Earthquake, Dig.

Other interesting raids included when another group I was in was fighting a Tera Electric Politoed and the geniuses decided to bring Ground types. Disregarding Politoed's original typing giving it water moves. That game did not last long.

And what's more shocking is people are apparently bringing the "unrivaled" Pokemon from the events completely unchanged and without a tera change!

I think in actuality people simply don't have people don't have properly trained Pokemon period. No Hyper Training, no Ev's, Natures nothing.

In many of these cases, people are clearly just bringing their in-game teams/legendaries and hoping they can just muscle through somehow or get hard carried by the team.

Thoughts?
I'll be honest fella if you didn't help train a mon for me for that mewtwo raid I would've just brought my Cinderace and spam fireballs
:kobeha:

Thoughts?
True bro. I remember a younger version of me bringing my favorite pokemons to an online battle. I didnt know EV\IV training then. I played a guy who had weaker mons and I thought this would be a massacre. It was a massacre but for my team. That sumbitch had ev\iv trained his pokemon to the moon and had a very diverse moveset.
From then I started EV\IV training even in fangames.
Pokemon Rejuvenation, Reborn, Radical Red, Emerald Kaizo, Inclement Emerald, Unbound, etc these are some fan games where you'd get smoked without EV\IV training.

True bro. I remember a younger version of me bringing my favorite pokemons to an online battle. I didnt know EV\IV training then. I played a guy who had weaker mons and I thought this would be a massacre. It was a massacre but for my team. That sumbitch had ev\iv trained his pokemon to the moon and had a very diverse moveset.
I had a similar experience back in XY, but the opposing team was littered with Ubers and I using a standard OU team. I won, but to this day I just know my opponent was probably young and malding about what happened :rolaugh:

Ev's make a world of difference and people should really learn that. I feel like Scarlet and Violet should include a warning before entering online raids telling people to fully train their Pokes before participating else they risk becoming dead weight.

I had a similar experience back in XY, but the opposing team was littered with Ubers and I using a standard OU team. I won, but to this day I just know my opponent was probably young and malding about what happened :rolaugh:

Ev's make a world of difference and people should really learn that. I feel like Scarlet and Violet should include a warning before entering online raids telling people to fully train their Pokes before participating else they risk becoming dead weight.
ev and iv training is just not the same in the new 3d format. I tried to and I got bored quick

People should learn the hard way. It happens in showdowns a lot. Many new players forget to divide their EVs properly and get swept.
I do troll sets tho. Special Machamp, Special Gyarados, Physical Gengar\Alakazm. Many malded getting negged by troll sets.