I thought people were right to call dragon a fraud for not caring about his commanders when Ginny got Kidnapped but then I remembered he sent Sabo and Co to Marie Jois of all place to get Kuma back. So this is the retribution for the past I guess.
This time they were ready and had the backing in strength. During the flashback they were just starting and doing anything then could lead to them getting wiped out totally like Ohara.

Comparing with Luffy, who infiltrated Enies Lobby that wasn't heavily guarded(only CP-9) and Impeldown where he had Boa's help and big guns were busy planning Ace\s execution. Luffy also was lucky to find the RA there and Bon Chan too. The comparison isn't viable.

Garp thing is also a matter of his position. He knew he was more of a leverage than Loby and ultimately gave himself up. He couldn't do much for Ace who was right beside him due to his position then too.

So it is only situation that prevented Dragon and he didn't have a favorable path to do anything back then.

Beyond hyped for it after seeing that trailer:lunazing::lumazed:
Appa looks amazing considering he's full CGI
The costumes, set design, and lighting are also really great and will only look better in the next trailer and the show itself.

And from the bits and pieces of it, they nailed the bending:getnappaed:
Looks like they accurately recreated the settings and shots from the animated series. The bending looks great, the actors look great and omg the music🤩🤩🤩🤩 I teared up watching the trailer.