Which sucks because the opening chapters were setting it up as a mix of school life and usual shounen fighting. Too bad somebody with more patience isn't the author instead of Gege
I think it's because of the anime. I personally didn't watch it but from what I get, its major selling point are the fights. I think either Shueisha or his editor/s advised the author to turn his manga into basically a barebones fighting manga and that's what he did.

The story has potential to become the new Naruto or at least had, but it became some kind of fast food manga for fights only to satisfy the majority of his readers and anime only watchers who're basically there just for the fights.

G

Gorosei Informer

ITs gonna be worth the wait though! I waited over 7 years for Arcane to even happen, so its not so bad for me. So much pain for many years, trying to tell people Jinx is Vis sister and them trying to clown me for it LMAO!
:lawsigh::kaidowhat::mrgo::joker::parkcry::kobeha:

League has really good cinematics nearly all the time and music videos occasionally too, they help to soften the wait. Runeterra one of the League games has tons of lore goodness and they're making great new spinoff games like the Song of Nunu game that just came out and the Ruined King one before too.

League has never been in a better place to be a fan than it ever has been before.

The amount of potential Arcane has is not even REMOTELY touched on yet either, its INSANE! YOu legit could make over a 100 seasons of it no problem! Hundreds even!
They're working on a MMO for League too so they can truly go DEEP on the lore/world building and thus player experience and all that too lol.

ITs gonna be worth the wait though! I waited over 7 years for Arcane to even happen, so its not so bad for me. So much pain for many years, trying to tell people Jinx is Vis sister and them trying to clown me for it LMAO!
:lawsigh::kaidowhat::mrgo::joker::parkcry::kobeha:

League has really good cinematics nearly all the time and music videos occasionally too, they help to soften the wait. Runeterra one of the League games has tons of lore goodness and they're making great new spinoff games like the Song of Nunu game that just came out and the Ruined King one before too.

League has never been in a better place to be a fan than it ever has been before.

The amount of potential Arcane has is not even REMOTELY touched on yet either, its INSANE! YOu legit could make over a 100 seasons of it no problem! Hundreds even!
They're working on a MMO for League too so they can truly go DEEP on the lore/world building and thus player experience and all that too lol.
i only played league a couple of times,its not my cup of tea.But i love the arcane show.i'm eager about part 2.

I think it's because of the anime. I personally didn't watch it but from what I get, its major selling point are the fights. I think either Shueisha or his editor/s advised the author to turn his manga into basically a barebones fighting manga and that's what he did.

The story has potential to become the new Naruto or at least had, but it became some kind of fast food manga for fights only to satisfy the majority of his readers and anime only watchers who're basically there just for the fights.
Ironically, Season 1 (and the respective manga chapters) were the most character oriented JJK has been up to today. The Yuji and Junpei story, though very short, showed that the JJK world could sustain character driven plotlines.

Anime onlies being a reason for the fightification of the manga is an interesting take, and judging by the reactions to S2 you're probably right. It's arguably a worse product than Season 1 whereas consistency and fluidity is concerned, but because it has flashy strobe lights, stickmen running around and cubes flying all over the place people eat it up.