Jujutsu Kaisen, Season 2 Episode 17: Thunderclap, Part 2

Rate the episode:

• Total voters
Knowing the backstory on why the animation is wonky (to say the best) makes me not want to trash the adaptation too much.

But that Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight was far removed from great imo. There were amazing moments in it, but only literal moments. The rest was just another smudge fest. And don't even get me started on Malevolent Shrine. Mappa higher ups really robbed us from an all time great anime scene. If I hadn't read the manga, I would have had no clue what was going on in the Domain scene.

Big props to Yuji's VA on the vomit scene.
Post automatically merged:

Also, the Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight makes no sense in the anime when Sukuna was cutting of his limbs like nothing. Only stupidity stopped him from one shotting it with normal cleave/dismantle.

Last edited:
Knowing the backstory on why the animation is wonky (to say the best) makes me not want to trash the adaptation too much.

But that Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight was far removed from great imo. There were amazing moments in it, but only literal moments. The rest was just another smudge fest. And don't even get me started on Malevolent Shrine. Mappa higher ups really robbed us from an all time great anime scene. If I hadn't read the manga, I would have had no clue what was going on in the Domain scene.

Also, the Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight makes no sense in the anime when Sukuna was cutting of his limbs like nothing. Only stupidity stopped him from one shotting it with normal cleave/dismantle.
I agree, they really milked this fight out, the actual sakuga was great but the whole point was for Sukuna to take care of Mahoraga in an instant, I geuss they really wanted to dedicate an entire episode to this.

:kidwat:

Well, I knew it, but S2 perfectly fits this; the anime adaptation is not for manga readers.

It just works to bring new readers to the series.

Wish it had a better animation, like Mahoraga regenerating arm when its punch matched with Sukuna's punch. It was done through a transition instead.

Loved Yuji's scene.

Man, Sukuna is simply over powered.
Dont know how they will defeat him.
I hope it is not something like Itachi vs Kabuto: the weakness of this jutsu is my existence.

Will Gojo be his only weakness? He had to get sealed when he was needed the most.

Next few episodes will be interesting.

great episode
it sets the dark tone of shibuya really well
malevolent shrine was PEAK
makora was also shown so fucking strong ( dumbasses really believed yuta beats him lol )

but u can really see some scenes which werent finished
we could have had a better project but mappa fucked up so bad

I agree, they really milked this fight out, the actual sakuga was great but the whole point was for Sukuna to take care of Mahoraga in an instant, I geuss they really wanted to dedicate an entire episode to this.

:kidwat:
And then there was Mahoraga changing size:
First he's double the size of Haruta and then he grows to the size of the colossal titan and can wrap his hands around literal train carts