Character Discussion Oda tries so hard to make the celestial dragons look evil. Its not good writing.

Like we get it.

They ride slaves as animals. Their capitals conveyer belts are run by slaves. They engage in genocide sports. They kidnap women impregnate them, and throw away the baby. They wear weird helmets because they don't enjoy breathing the same air as normal people. Oh right. They commissioned that bridge that's being built by slaves for hundreds of years..for no fucking reason at all

OK. We get it. They are evil and largely incompetent and inbred.

It's beyond caricature. Arguably has been since Charlos was introduced.

Like we get it.

They ride slaves as animals. Their capitals conveyer belts are run by slaves. They engage in genocide sports. They kidnap women impregnate them, and throw away the baby. They wear weird helmets because they don't enjoy breathing the same air as normal people. Oh right. They commissioned that bridge that's being built by slaves for hundreds of years..for no fucking reason at all

Why not?They think they are Gods.Its natural for them to act like everyone else is a bug.

I agree. Oda keeps harping on with the CDs being evil. We get it, the CDs are horrible people so what is the next step of your story beyond them being horrible people? Seems like the CDs are just the Orochi of the WG, i.e. a subplot/side-character that didn't add anything to the story.
Even Orochi was given a backstory lol. He's horrible but the land of Wano persecuted him and his family for something ONE guy did.

The CDs are just evil....for the sake of being evil!

And they are super evil!

Like we get it.

nope, sometime piece of shit is actually even bigger piece of shit

Oda is overcooking Kuma's suffering at the hands of CDs tbh.
Born a Slave, then the Ginny incident & then became a Human Weapon now with Saturn being the main bad guy.
For a while we knew Kuma had some sort of connection to the World Government other than his deal with them, we also knew that he hated them.

Now after seeing all those stuff that happened to Kuma, it now makes perfect sense on why he would hate them so much.

Also it was obvious from the beginning that Kuma's flashback was going to be really dark and sad, and that he was going to have so much horrible tragedy from his past.

Any complaints I see regarding the World Government's actions against Kuma is just fucking dumb imo.

You’re acting like the CDs aren’t realistic…
Some WG users when they find out that there are real life people who commit stuff like slavery, rape, and murder just like the CD:
:luchosop:

For a while we knew Kuma had some sort of connection to the World Government other than his deal with them, we also knew that he hated them.

Now after seeing all those stuff that happened to Kuma, it now makes perfect sense on why he would hate them so much.

Also it was obvious from the beginning that Kuma's flashback was going to be really dark and sad, and that he was going to have so much horrible tragedy from his past.

Any complaints I see regarding the World Government's actions against Kuma is just fucking dumb imo.

Some WG users when they find out that there are real life people who commit stuff like slavery, rape, and murder just like the CD:
:luchosop:
Explain the conveyer belt and riding slaves as camels lmao.

I don't think that's ever happened in real life.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

I always thought he had an interesting past because he was so polarizing, people said he was kind but he is called as a Tyrant. He is a revolutionary & a Warlord and a cyborg at that.

What i mean is Oda is kinda overdoing it with how much suffering he's gonna give him. His entire story is basically a collection of those - A slave backstory like Hancock, a Tesoro type backstory with Ginny & then now a Corazon/Law type searching for the cure mission with Bonney. Which is why most people feel that Oda is overdoing it.