Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1101 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
I used to say this earlier too... At this point oda is just coming up with random shit especially with DFs and Haki..
. And characters themselves
Technically the whole story is filled with random characters, df and haki

Especially post skip

We had a guy that turns into a jacket

Hell in alabasta we had a dog that shot baseballs

I mean you see shit in light novels , seinen , Shoju and josei and other fiction stories.
After thousands of years of fiction and writing people still doing chosen one shit one way or the other .
I've never understood the hate over chosen one trope? Like what is bad about it? It is engrained in the culture of human history and some of it is even real. There have been people in the past with abilities beyond that of a normal person. Fate is literally real and some people luck into things and become successful while some people work their hardest but never make it. Is it just the denial of fate and destiny as a concept?

I used to say this earlier too... At this point oda is just coming up with random shit especially with DFs and Haki..
. And characters themselves
Like only new haki aspect we get since time skip is ACOC which is a stats boost .
As for DF goes he alway s come with crazy stuff and you alway see new characters in the story

I've never understood the hate over chosen one trope? Like what is bad about it? It is engrained in the culture of human history and some of it is even real. There have been people in the past with abilities beyond that of a normal person. Fate is literally real and some people luck into things and become successful while some people work their hardest but never make it. Is it just the denial of fate and destiny as a concept?
fate and destiny arent real

It is overused in manga especially. And it gets another layer of bad on it when the underdog scrappy MC is proven to be an overpowered and gene fueled plot device destined for greatness no matter what.

All their previous struggles lose a bit (or a lot) of impact because of the, usually late, Destined One reveal.

There’s no such thing as fate/destiny, and it takes away agency from the characters in the story

it’s also overused af.

It is overused in manga especially. And it gets another layer of bad on it when the underdog scrappy MC is proven to be an overpowered and gene fueled plot device destined for greatness no matter what.

All their previous struggles lose a bit (or a lot) of impact because of the, usually late, Destined One reveal.
What about the stories that have always hinted towards fate? Some readers even complain about the chosen one trope in stories that have always used fate as a driving force. It's weird.

I think some people like the whole self made hero who work from ground up without anything special ( mind you they still get help or special shit some way or the other )
Still if you look at human history and today a lot self made people are assholes that you never want to be near to and are far from good people lol .

No offense to Scotch, but that first line is a little difficult to understand. Is it that Dragon disappears when the RA is in Goa and is seen watching Luffy from afar? Or did Kuma himself see Luffy and then arrive at the conclusion that he's Dragon's son?
No it only means that Dragon hides from Luffy when the Revolutionaries go to Foosha island so that Luffy does not see him.

Dragon basically avoids Luffy so that they don't meet each other.

Maybe he does this to protect Luffy.

Kuma realized this because Dragon only avoids this territory and not others.

After seeing Luffy training hard in Foosha island, he connected the dots and realized that this was Dragon's son.

Status
Not open for further replies.