Character Discussion Overall Did Marco meet expectations?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
PG’s Thoughts: recent anime episode made me think to myself, “ damn we probably never gonna see bro be prominent again”. So let’s reflect on Marco Today. Overall for me personally I lowkey wish he got an actual 1v1 fight to get the full display of what he could do but the little we saw was Great tbh. Marineford and Wano really did a great job establishing what his character is all about.

Yeah but I personally didn’t have super high expectations of Marco since after reading Marineford I genuinely wasn’t sure between him and Jozu who was stronger.

So seeing Marco hold big mom for a bit, hold back two people just as strong as him, and use his fruit to heal people in a wide range was well within expectations and was great

Disappointed, but I had too high expectations. I thought he's more than just a first commander. Turns out he's the weakest of the OG first commanders, at least imo.

The argument that he survived war after war doesn't help either. By that logic he should be a Top Tier now if he bloomed after every loss.
He peaked long ago and I don't see him getting stronger.

Don't see him beating either Kata or King.

Well yes but still the fruit is wasted on him.

Dude spent 20+ years with whitebeard and didn't have the slightest clue about advanced haki techniques.
Furthermore, without his fruit he even performed worse than kid. Worse. Than. Kid. Kid lifted huge boulders while being cuffed. Bro Marco dropped down, beaten the moment he got them on.

It's more like his DF met the expectations. And yes, what a hell of a fruit. But some Alabastian alley cat with that fruit could've done the same.

Disappointed, but I had too high expectations. I thought he's more than just a first commander. Turns out he's the weakest of the OG first commanders, at least imo.

The argument that he survived war after war doesn't help either. By that logic he should be a Top Tier now if he bloomed after every loss.
He peaked long ago and I don't see him getting stronger.

Don't see him beating either Kata or King.
Nah, I'm always taking the guy who could clash with casual Admirals and Yonko over the guy who was stalemated by WCI G4 Luffy

As a first division commander yes with flying colors. Though in comparison to his appearance in the manga where he kicked kizaru so hard the ground exploded no. Oda would have done better with the manga if he kept the douriki system he introduced in Enis Lobby.

PG’s Thoughts: recent anime episode made me think to myself, “ damn we probably never gonna see bro be prominent again”. So let’s reflect on Marco Today. Overall for me personally I lowkey wish he got an actual 1v1 fight to get the full display of what he could do but the little we saw was Great tbh. Marineford and Wano really did a great job establishing what his character is all about.

Yeah he was about what I expected
Well respected very strong character who played relatively significant role in the story
Post automatically merged:

He was handling King and Queen at the same time, he easily delivered.
He "handled" king and queen as much as Shiki "handled" garp and sengoku

King alone low diffed him while Queen was busy with chopper

Yeah he was about what I expected
Well respected very strong character who played relatively significant role in the story
Post automatically merged:

He "handled" king and queen as much as Shiki "handled" garp and sengoku

King alone low diffed him while Queen was busy with chopper
Except King didn't beat Marco. Marco ran out of stamina. Then he still came back and stopped King from killing Zoro, and when King and Queen were about to attack him together to finish him off, Marco raised his hands and said he was done, because it was time for the stars to take the stage. That's when Zoro and Sanji attacked King and Queen, and Marco went and did his own thing, still not defeated.