Character Discussion How Good was Pre Timeskip Chopper?

Let’s Discuss Pre Timeskip Chopper

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
He's probably 2nd least favorite, winning against Brook only.

BUT, as far as Pre-TS goes, it means nothing, because I liked all the SHs a lot.
:kayneshrug:

He was very good. The theme of his story was being a misfit young boy on a journey to become a relentless adventurer.
The fact that Lolda is casting aside that amazing set of powers that Chopper introduced in fishman island to focus on these worthless pieces of shit like Larrot,Liku and Momehnosucks is a heinous crime.
@NAMELESS @pg13 @Rukusho @Peroroncino
@HA001 @Natalija @grey matter @Gauntlet
@Cruxroux @Le Fishe D. Tomdou @PeronaNerona
@mly90 @The White Crane @L57
@JDragon20 @TheLastBerserker @lee33 @Water1415
@RiShin
Lolda's writing of post-TS in general is atrocious, but his writing of the Weak Trio is an out and out abomination.

PG’s Thoughts:
All straw hats were much better pre-skip. None of them got better post skip,except maybe Luffy which is now more mature. OP has changed from some friends going on an adventure to Luffy going around gathering allies for a big final war. It has lost some of its appeal imo. I miss those arcs where only the SHP were around. Thriller Bark was the last time we saw that.
Post automatically merged:

He was very good. The theme of his story was being a misfit young boy on a journey to become a relentless adventurer.
The fact that Lolda is casting aside that amazing set of powers that Chopper introduced in fishman island to focus on these worthless pieces of shit like Larrot,Liku and Momehnosucks is a heinous crime.
@NAMELESS @pg13 @Rukusho @Peroroncino
@HA001 @Natalija @grey matter @Gauntlet
@Cruxroux @Le Fishe D. Tomdou @PeronaNerona
@mly90 @The White Crane @L57
@JDragon20 @TheLastBerserker @lee33 @Water1415
@RiShin
Agreed 100%.

All straw hats were much better pre-skip. None of them got better post skip,except maybe Luffy which is now more mature. OP has changed from some friends going on an adventure to Luffy going around gathering allies for a big final war. It has lost some of its appeal imo. I miss those arcs where only the SHP were around. Thriller Bark was the last time we saw that.
I don't think it's so much that they were better as they simply had more panel time. Which nowadays he can't really afford with excessive plots and amazing worlds and characters. 'Twas a lot easier to give a handful of characters attention pre-skip.

Frankly today I'm glad he branches out cause there aren't that many things he can do with the crew which wasn't done before. And I don't care to see each and every one of their faces and reactions on one panel. Less is more in this case, I'm fine with them getting less attention, as long as the attention they do get is high quality.

I don't think it's so much that they were better as they simply had more panel time. Which nowadays he can't really afford with excessive plots and amazing worlds and characters. 'Twas a lot easier to give a handful of characters attention pre-skip.

Frankly today I'm glad he branches out cause there aren't that many things he can do with the crew which wasn't done before. And I don't care to see each and every one of their faces and reactions on one panel. Less is more in this case, I'm fine with them getting less attention, as long as the attention they do get is high quality.
I agree,but i think he failed to give good feats to the other non-monster trio straw hats post-skip. Nami,Ussop,Chopper and Brook didn't even get proper 1v1 in the largest battle royal post-skip. Oda dropped the ball very hard pts. I hope at least the laught tale like is straw hat centric.

Choppers been a member of the weak trio since Skypeia when he Nami and Usopp were the only members of the straw hats allowed to use the ganfor whistle.
Chopper only made up the weak trio before Robin joined and deemed himself weak enough for the whistle because he's cowardly. Even then, Chopper had better portrayal than Robin in that arc.

I agree,but i think he failed to give good feats to the other non-monster trio straw hats post-skip. Nami,Ussop,Chopper and Brook didn't even get proper 1v1 in the largest battle royal post-skip. Oda dropped the ball very hard pts. I hope at least the laught tale like is straw hat centric.
I don't think Nami and Chopper demand for that sort of thing, they're more like the brain and the doctor as support characters.

Nami and Usopp did get a cool moment with Ulti, and it was nice to see Nami hurt but still believing in their captain. (This is the first time Nami got hurt post-skip!!!)

I don't think Nami and Chopper demand for that sort of thing, they're more like the brain and the doctor as support characters.

Nami and Usopp did get a cool moment with Ulti, and it was nice to see Nami hurt but still believing in their captain. (This is the first time Nami got hurt post-skip!!!)
And we didn't even see it on screen causse just like Law she needs to be protected from ass beatings

Well,if they are to be considered veterans of the PK crew. They should be strong and hold their own by themselves. The Zeus Pu was lame imo.