ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1108: ATTENTION WORLD

Rate the chapter

• Total voters

Absolute beast of a chapter this week once again Luffy showing how much of a monster he is. Oda may show us more of what Nika can do and why the fruit is such a threat. so I'm looking forward to seeing some new ability.

More accurately, absolute beast of a panel! There was still 0 progress since the last chapter... Sanji won't fight after all, Franky's group is still escaping, the marines are still fighting pacifistas and Luffy simply grabbed Kizaru and Saturn without even using an attack. The only reason we are fangirling is that absolute beast of a panel which FINALLY brought back some of the seriousness during fights and showcased the epicness of G5!

It's not that I don't like G5! It's funny, creative and powerful.... about 10% of the time... The rest is Luffy jumping around, laughing and popping his eyes while failing miserably to protect anything... That panel right there is how I have been expecting G5 to be! Overwhelming, serious when it needs to be and that joyboy smile when Luffy wants to tell you to add an extra box of lube to your order. I really hope this same energy continues next chapter too and finally get a fight similar to G5 Luffy vs Kaido because the pacing at the moment is horibble!

That happened after Zoro protected his captain several times against 2 Yonkos. Plus let's not forget that Sanji is protecting him from fodder. We already know what would happen if anyone above YC1 appears...
Still, why do you pretend to be stupid? Sanji had Vegapunk in his hands and was being targeted by two top-tiers. It is understandable that he might be intercepted. If anything, it was retarded not to evacuate him with the others and do it now, but the plot had to go on I guess.

Sanji took Kizaru's kick right in the face like it was nothing, Luffy on the other hand was sent flying in G4.
Same shit that Franky tanked without bleeding, Luffy ate a charged kick.
You could argue that Kizaru's kick against G4 had more force but we won't now until it's animated. Zoro is fighting Lucci who got absolutely rekted with 0 effort by G5
You know very well that the kick vs Luffy is magnitudes stronger.
Peak vs base, Luffy left the fight completely exhausted while Lucci was watching him go and later told Kizaru about G5's drawback.

Same shit that Franky tanked without bleeding, Luffy ate a charged kick.
Franky, who is literally an exoskeleton tank... It's pointless making such assumptions when we don't have any power info at hand. It could be a charged kick but this time Oda didn't have 3 spare panels to emphasize it or it could not be... We ll know more when it's animated. My point is that the only reason these arguments exist is because either Zoro fans want to feel superior over Sanji fans or vice versa and it got very tiring...

You know very well that the kick vs Luffy is magnitudes stronger.
Peak vs base, Luffy left the fight completely exhausted while Lucci was watching him go and later told Kizaru about G5's drawback.
Luffy always transforms to an old man after G5... At this point I am certain that simply going to G5 for a minute or 2 will transform him to an old man. It's a gag and a "fake" downside of G5 that Oda uses when he wants to give some time for something else to happen (like the Kuma flashback)... When he fought Kaido he dropped out of G5, exhausted, after just one chapter and that was after several uses of G4 and a very long battle. Then got back to it right away, fought a much longer and more intense battle... In egghead he was back to normal after a minute... We absolutely have no clue what the hell is going on with Luffy's stamina levels during G5 because there are no clear indications...

In the end of the day if you want a clear answer to the power difference between Sanji and Zoro then Oda has already given it to you via the wanted posters... Zoro is a little bit stronger than Sanji but both of them are around 1.1M berry worth of power. Personally I don't care! I enjoy and am looking forward to good Zoro fights and same goes for Sanji fights... If I start analysing how many drops of blood Sanji spilled vs Zoro to try and figure out who is the strongest I might as well quit reading and watching one piece and focus on something more fun like watching the paint dry...

Interesting tidbit is that one of the giants is well aware of Sky Islands, implying they probably have some way to get up there. Maybe the closest confirmation we've gotten that the Summit of High West mentioned back in Skypiea is in Elbaf
It'll be some Jack and the Beanstalk shit I'm betting

Though there are other sky islands besides Skypiea.

Interesting tidbit is that one of the giants is well aware of Sky Islands, implying they probably have some way to get up there. Maybe the closest confirmation we've gotten that the Summit of High West mentioned back in Skypiea is in Elbaf

That giant tree on Elbaf could be the answer. Who knows how far it goes up? Perhaps in the past, the Giants were allies with the skypeans. The final ancient weapon, or at least the poneglyph where it states its location, could also be in elbaf. There's so much to dive into once we go there, that's for sure.