Was Kou Yoku stronger than the trio during the coalition?

Was Kou Yoku stronger than the trio?

• Total voters
-Managed to fight on par with Tou for an extended period of times

-Took command of Rinbunkun's army and held his own

-Karin was interested in his potential

Personally I think EoS Kou Yoku will be Shin's biggest opposition unless he somehow faces Renpa in Chu

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Kouyoku won't be a Shin opponent imo

Ouhon victim.

but yes, he was a monster even back during the Coalition War. Bakuya Coalition Kouyoku 100% slays Rinko fairly imo

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Really? He seems to be the perfect opponent for Shin. They're very much alike and his name makes me believe he could be related to Kou En
I always felt like Ouhon and Mouten versus Kouyoku and Hakurei was inevitable

Or Tou vs Yoku

Kouyoku won't be a Shin opponent imo

Ouhon victim.

but yes, he was a monster even back during the Coalition War. Bakuya Coalition Kouyoku 100% slays Rinko fairly imo
The thing with Kouyoku is, Hara hasn't expanded much on him as a commander. It's possible that his overall abilities could be close to Mouten/Shin/Ouhon but yeah we lack that part. We know that Karin has been entrusting him with taking castles though.

As a duelist yeah the dude has always been a freak. Him keeping up for as long as he did against Tou far back at the time of the Coalition...was a pretty shocking feat.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
I think Kou Yoku could kill Tou unless history makes it impossible.
Narratively it'd make sense if he's to be an equal to the trio
It's possible, but him taking an eye or arm from Tou seems more plausible

The thing with Kouyoku is, Hara hasn't expanded much on him as a commander. It's possible that his overall abilities could be close to Mouten/Shin/Ouhon but yeah we lack that part. We know that Karin has been entrusting him with taking castles though.

As a duelist yeah the dude has always been a freak. Him keeping up for as long as he did against Tou far back at the time of the Coalition...was a pretty shocking feat.
He doesn't seem as intelligent as Mouten or Ouhon but he's up there in strength. Hakurei seems like the brains

CW Shin > Kou Yoku = Ou Hon > Mou Ten > Haku Rei

Currently is hard to say. I think Haku Rei has surpassed Mou Ten as the greater martial threat, but Kou Yoku and Ou Hon seem about the same. The latter is the only match up I'm anticipating for now. I haven't considered Kou Yoku as a likely victim of Shin since CW.

I've been saying it for years that Kou Yoku's crowning achievement will be retiring Tou from the battlefield, likely by taking his sword hand/arm.

Bakuya Coalition Kouyoku 100% slays Rinko fairly imo
Extreme difficulty, maybe, but I don't think so.

Rin Ko didn't go down in the cleanest circumstances. Dude was like a mini Hou Ken. It took multiple tries and injuries to get him to that point he was killable (multiple attempts, 2v1s, missing fingers and shoulder injury due to Shin's unpredictable strength and shenaningans), and even then it took Shin to his extreme to take him out.

Stats being bullshit aside, he was a STR 93 to CW Kou Yoku's 90. That tells us how perceived the two at least.

Rin Ko was a bad mfer.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
CW Shin > Kou Yoku = Ou Hon > Mou Ten > Haku Rei

Currently is hard to say. I think Haku Rei has surpassed Mou Ten as the greater martial threat, but Kou Yoku and Ou Hon seem about the same. The latter is the only match up I'm anticipating for now. I haven't considered Kou Yoku as a likely victim of Shin since CW.

I've been saying it for years that Kou Yoku's crowning achievement will be retiring Tou from the battlefield, likely by taking his sword hand/arm.

Extreme difficulty, maybe, but I don't think so.

Rin Ko didn't go down in the cleanest circumstances. Dude was like a mini Hou Ken. It took multiple tries and injuries to get him to that point he was killable (multiple attempts, 2v1s, missing fingers and shoulder injury due to Shin's unpredictable strength and shenaningans), and even then it took Shin to his extreme to take him out.

Stats being bullshit aside, he was a STR 93 to CW Kou Yoku's 90. That tells us how perceived the two at least.

Rin Ko was a bad mfer.
Kouyoku also fought 96 Tou for a long time. Granted it wasn't a duel as Kouyoku's men interfered but it's still extremely impressive

Maybe Rinko would clutch out because of greater weight but I think Yoku could have slayed him in any scenario where Shin or Ouhon encountered him

I think he's stronger than either of them but we saw during his duel with Ouhon that he couldn't close the gap to land any solid hit, similarly to the issue Bananji had.

With Coalition Shin it's honestly either way. He's too broken to predict and under the right mindset I think he could've performed similarly to Yoku against Tou.

He's a true rival to them in every sense of the word, which is why it's inconclusive to say.

Kouyoku also fought 96 Tou for a long time. Granted it wasn't a duel as Kouyoku's men interfered but it's still extremely impressive
It was impressive, but it wasn't a clean 1v1, and Tou had to keep his head on a swivel and command the army. Ka Rin had Kou Yoku essentially harass him to keep his attention divided.

Maybe Rinko would clutch out because of greater weight but I think Yoku could have slayed him in any scenario where Shin or Ouhon encountered him
Your guess is as good as mine, but my perception is quite different.

I don't think he would've been easy work by any means, but Rin Ko was a monster. Ou Hon wielded a spear and struggled to keep up with his speed, and Shin was amazed at his physical strength. Combined, they had 5 attempts on Rin Ko's life.

Ultimately, I think if Rin Ko kept a tighter guard and didn't lose some fingers and/or wasn't written to have injured his shoulder, that fight goes differently. He really was like a tiny Hou Ken imo.

Kou Yoku did well against Tou, but Rin Ko was the mfer that broke through Ou Ki's lines and drew blood. Though Kai Shi Bou's strength was compared to Ren Pa's and Kyou En fought their lord + 4/6 6GGs (and some multiple times), Rin Ko was considered the most dangerous of the 4HK by many. I don't think CW Kou Yoku measured up that.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
It was impressive, but it wasn't a clean 1v1, and Tou had to keep his head on a swivel and command the army. Ka Rin had Kou Yoku essentially harass him to keep his attention divided.

Your guess is as good as mine, but my perception is quite different.

I don't think he would've been easy work by any means, but Rin Ko was a monster. Ou Hon wielded a spear and struggled to keep up with his speed, and Shin was amazed at his physical strength. Combined, they had 5 attempts on Rin Ko's life.

Ultimately, I think if Rin Ko kept a tighter guard and didn't lose some fingers and/or wasn't written to have injured his shoulder, that fight goes differently. He really was like a tiny Hou Ken imo.

Kou Yoku did well against Tou, but Rin Ko was the mfer that broke through Ou Ki's lines and drew blood. Though Kai Shi Bou's strength was compared to Ren Pa's and Kyou En fought their lord + 4/6 6GGs (and some multiple times), Rin Ko was considered the most dangerous of the 4HK by many. I don't think CW Kou Yoku measured up that.
My opinion on Rinko is that while he is an extremely powerful and lethal warrior, he can be slayed by people below his overall abilities as a Heavenly King.

Coalition Kouyoku could never pull off anything close to destroying Ouki's formation, but he could slay Rinko imo. Same with Shiryou for example

Shin said it best here. Chu's young generation are not in the same league as Qin's. :kayneshrug:

Kouyoku was hard pressed by Ouhon. Mouten had some trouble with him, but he still could parry his blows. Their tactical showings are almost non-existant and so far Hara was not interested in giving them any substancial achievements.

Considering that non Alpha Shin had the upper hand against Yoku pre coalition then no, but Shin is not character to use.. because he can beat anybody in this manga.
Uh what? Shin jumped him and still couldnt land a hit and Yoku wasnt using his Bakuya sword

Shin said it best here. Chu's young generation are not in the same league as Qin's. :kayneshrug:

Kouyoku was hard pressed by Ouhon. Mouten had some trouble with him, but he still could parry his blows. Their tactical showings are almost non-existant and so far Hara was not interested in giving them any substancial achievements.
Matching Tou in a prolonged duel is a better feat than anything the trio had done up to that point

Their tactical showings are almost non-existant and so far Hara was not interested in giving them any substancial achievements.
Kouyoku captured at least one Qin castle after Kanki's death and Karin was planning on sending him for several more, considering Qin doesn't often lose territory that's pretty good for a character with barely any screen time.

Chu's young generation are not in the same league as Qin's.
They definitely are, Shin was just trash talking them.

Their tactical showings are almost non-existant and so far Hara was not interested in giving them any substancial achievements.
Rei was ranked the third highest among the ten bows and killed Rinbou, one of Ouki's generals, Yoku seemed evenly matched with Shin post-Sanyou and fought against Tou. They also both became generals likely around the same time the Qin trio did, arguably more impressive considering Chu's competition pool. Hara is clearly setting them up for the Chu campaign.