Anime Discussion [Summer 2024] Anime Seasonals - General Discussion [Season of the Robot Waifu]

Do you want more pinned threads in this section? For example a thread dedicated for anime news?

• Total voters
Alright, it's time for my favorite OPs and EDs for this season. My anime reviews will be tomorrow.

I'mma do top 10 for each.

Best Openings:

1. Bling-Bang-Bang-Born by Creepy Nuts from Mashle Season 2:

2. Danger Danger by FZMZ featuring Icy from Shangri-la Frontier:

3. LEveL by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: TOMORROW X TOGETHER from Solo Leveling:

4. I am... by Atarayo from The Dangers in My Heart Season 2.
5. Minor Piece by ZAQ from Classroom of the Elite Season 3.
6. Shura ni Otoshite by sajou no hana from Ishura.
7. Super Adorable Gals by Oishi Masayoshi from Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable!
8. HIBANA by MindaRyn from Sengoku Youko.
9. Haru (Sunny) by Yorushika from Frieren.
10. Ambivalent by Uru from The Apothecary Diaries.

Best Endings:

1. Kienai by The Binary from 7th Time Loop Villainess:

2. Because by Tei from the Weakest Tamer Began a Journey to Pick Up Trash:

3. CHA∞IN by Maaya Uchida from Chained Soldier:

4. Love Je t'aime by Mahiru Coda from Bucchigiri?!
5. Gajumaru: Heaven in the Rain by ReoNa from Shangri-la Frontier.
6. Loving Me Loving You by Kohana Lam from The Dangers in My Heart Season 2.
7. Konse Daikakumei by Yui Ninomiya from Classroom of the Elite Season 3.
8. Request by krage from Solo Leveling.
9. Party!! by Ryokuoushoku Shakai from Delicious in Dungeon.
10. Thunder blossom by MAISONdes feat. 9Lana, SAKURAmoti from Urusei Yatsura Season 2.

I didn't count Frieren ED 2 since it's the same song but with different visuals.

And y'all don't know many times I listened to this ending lol.
https://youtu.be/YcVgTwMtJx8

The trailer for season 2 didn't even come out and this is already the best ED of this year for me Lmao. Ayame from AliA always delivers with her songs. First was Iceblade Sorcerer OP then Tales of Wedding Rings OP and now this.

Rej

This forum is retarded.
Best Endings:

10. Thunder blossom by MAISONdes feat. 9Lana, SAKURAmoti from Urusei Yatsura Season 2.
where is the ending from Gushing over magical girls? lame top 10 list :kata:
get real, this is my nr. 1 ED fo' sure

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Alright, it's time for my favorite OPs and EDs for this season. My anime reviews will be tomorrow.

I'mma do top 10 for each.

Best Openings:

1. Bling-Bang-Bang-Born by Creepy Nuts from Mashle Season 2:

2. Danger Danger by FZMZ featuring Icy from Shangri-la Frontier:

3. LEveL by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: TOMORROW X TOGETHER from Solo Leveling:

4. I am... by Atarayo from The Dangers in My Heart Season 2.
5. Minor Piece by ZAQ from Classroom of the Elite Season 3.
6. Shura ni Otoshite by sajou no hana from Ishura.
7. Super Adorable Gals by Oishi Masayoshi from Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable!
8. HIBANA by MindaRyn from Sengoku Youko.
9. Haru (Sunny) by Yorushika from Frieren.
10. Ambivalent by Uru from The Apothecary Diaries.

Best Endings:

I didn't count Frieren ED 2 since it's the same song but with different visuals.

And y'all don't know many times I listened to this ending lol.
https://youtu.be/YcVgTwMtJx8

The trailer for season 2 didn't even come out and this is already the best ED of this year for me Lmao. Ayame from AliA always delivers with her songs. First was Iceblade Sorcerer OP then Tales of Wedding Rings OP and now this.
Personally I liked Takagi more than Dangers in my Heart but the OP and ED of Dangers are my favourite this season. They're great.

Then Foolish Angel and Gushing over Magical girls OP for this season. And Gushing ED.

Reviews:

Ragna Crimson: 9/10. Great story, amazing characters and fights if it wasn't Silver Link animating Lmao. 1 point lost due to mediocre animation at the end of the series. Ragna is a good MC, Crimson is the GOAT. Woltekamui and Ultimatia's story was nice. Starlia is best girl. And she's alive btw

This wouldn't get a season 2 in at least 5 years or so since Ragna Crimson is a monthly manga and the anime pretty much catch up to the manga.

The Dangers in My Heart Season 2: 11/10. Peak fiction. Greatest of all time. Ichikawa and Yamada double confession >.< I'm not crying, you are crying!!

Hopefully season 3 gets announced soon.

Mashle Season 2: 9/10. One of the best shounen out there. Lemon is best girl for defending Mash's honor. Nice little beach episode at the beginning too. Hope A-1 Pictures adapt the whole manga since the manga ended. I think they can make up to 5 seasons to end the manga. Or season 4 and then a movie to end afterwards would be cool too.

Can't wait for season 3 of Muscles and Magic!!!💪🪄I just want to see my man Doom at the end of season 3 at least please!!!

Solo Leveling: 10/10. Jinwoo vs Igris is forever generational as the greatest fight of 2024 that will be remembered throughout decades. And the "Arise" at the end of episode 12 was fucking hype!!!! Things are gonna be more interesting from now on since this is where the story will turn peak.

Season 2 is confirmed to air this fall (or they will delayed it to Winter 2025 again):

(Jinwoo mewing meme Lmao, Sung Jinwoo is basically telling the haters to shut up here)

Kingdom Season 5: Episode 12 and 13 both dropped yesterday, I guess they wanted to make up for first episode delayed at the beginning of January due to Japan's tsunami so that episode 13 wouldn't stretched to April. Anyway, Kokuyou Hills is an underrated arc in Kindom along with Wei Fire Dragons arc and Kanki is a fucking devious general. Psychological warfare at its finest lol. The human bridge scene wasn't as censored badly as I expected, and Saitaku's death scene was done great. RIP G.

Can't wait for season 6 which is gonna be insane!!!!:steef:

Shangri-la Frontier: 10/10. One of the best video game anime out there. *Cough cough Sword Art Online*

Great world building and lore, enjoyable characters (Pencilgon is best girl) and spectacular fight animation. If Jinwoo vs Igris is best fight of this season, Sunraku, Pencilgon and Oikatzo vs Wethermon the Tomb Guard is the second best. Emul is precious.:catblush:

Isekai Onsen Paradise: 6/10. Could have been 8 or 9 if this series was 24 or even 12 minutes long episodes instead of 4 minutes per episodes lol. Cool concepts about hot springs, cute girls and the nudity/fanservice is okay.

Not sure why the last 3 episodes are untranslated Lmao.:mihugh:

And that's about it for the reviews. Ninja Kamui is still airing and it's the second best action packed show after Solo Leveling this season. And it's gonna enter the spring season. Can't wait for Higan to take his revenge. Emma Samanda is best girl.

Bucchigiri?! is finishing next Saturday. Can't wait for the final showdown between the worst MC of winter season (Arajin) vs the ACTUAL MC of the series (Matakara) who is in his villain arc right now. And hopefully we get an answer to the hidden side plot of the series between the teacher and Jasmine-chan.

First Episode Anime Impressions:

Gods' Games We Play: It's alright. I expect it to be another Liar, Liar 2.0 so this anime might turn trash later on. It's already giving off a bad impression with the bad audio leak. The girls are cute and that's why I'm here for.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included: Cute series. It's basically the angel next door except that this time, the actual angel is in-door. And with a huge harem I suppose. @Mashiro Blue

KonoSuba S3: Ah yes, my favorite goofy party is back. And Kazuma still has PTSD from the movie.:kobeha:

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases: Okay, Studio Deen starts off strong with this one. Not only Deen butchered Seven Deadly Sins season 3 and 4, they also ruined this potentially good series with slideshows and horrible pacing. And they also are doing Re:Monster this season as well so that's two good shows butchered in one go. Great job Deen. GREAT FUCKING JOB!

Like I said above, this will be one of those trashy fantasy show but at least the girls are hot and cute. Which is why I'm gonna turn off my brain and enjoy the fanservice of the gals. That's all.

Slime S3 Episode 0 is just a recap episode btw.

Big News:

- @DarkWitch already posted above but Shangri-la Frontier is getting a season 2, airing this fall 2024. And I think it's gonna be another two cours (24 or 25 episodes) as well.

Yeah, that's about it lol.
where is the ending from Gushing over magical girls? lame top 10 list :kata:
get real, this is my nr. 1 ED fo' sure
Toge Toge Sadistic is number 11 actually lol.
Personally I liked Takagi more than Dangers in my Heart but the OP and ED of Dangers are my favourite this season. They're great.

Then Foolish Angel and Gushing over Magical girls OP for this season. And Gushing ED.
Same here. Takagi is peak middle school romcom. Yeah the dangers OP is peak. The ED is great too.

Foolish Angel OP, Gushing OP and ED are also good but not in my top 10 imo.

Mashiro Blue

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included: Cute series. It's basically the angel next door except that this time, the actual angel is in-door. And with a huge harem I suppose. @Mashiro Blue
Angels are trendy right now. DAL also has angels. Summer or Spring 2023 had a Saint. Can't wait for something like "My Pope can't be this Cute"

Thanks @Rej

Now that most anime has come to an end, I think it's fine to make my list of best/worst new anime this season along with top 10 best fights.

Top 10 best new anime in my opinion (not counting sequels like Mashle S2 or The Dangers in My Heart S2 or continuation anime like Frieren, The Apothecary Diaries, Shangri-La, Undead Unluck and the likes):

1. Gushing Over Magical Girls (unexpected premise, actually have a good storyline along the way and the character development for each characters is great, not to mention the peak fanservice, somehow this become my favorite show this winter)

2. Solo Leveling (I know it's overhyped but you gotta admit the action was fire, the story will expand in season 2 and later, season 1 is just a build-up for greater things to come)

3. 7th Timeloop Villainess (peak female MC not counting Frieren and Maomao, great story and cool cast)

4. Chained Soldier (all the girls are hot as hell, good potential story and the CGI might be iffy and they deleted some scenes but it's still good nonetheless)

5. Delicious in Dungeon (Frieren but dungeon focused and foods, LOTS of foods)

6. A Sign of Affection (best romcom of this season)

7. The Wrong Way to use Healing Magic (best Isekai about a healer)

8. Ishura (very underrated anime about other characters getting isekai'ed into one world fighting each others, good fighting animation and battle strategies and tactics)

9. Unwanted Undead Adventurer (pretty nice and enjoyable anime about an undead adventurer wanting to be one of the strongest)

10. Brave Bang Bravern! (dropped in the first episode, give it another chance and boy, I did not regret it, cool soundtrack and cast, funny moments here and there, it's great lol)

Top 3 worst anime:

1. Lvl 9999 Shield Tank (mediocre animation, generic story and barely character development)
2. Instant Death Isekai (terrible pacing and cut contents, animation is okay, at least the series is funny and most female characters in the series are hot)
3. Tales of Wedding Rings (generic story, unnecessary harem, decent animation but the fanservice is nice)

The runner-ups down here are not really the worst but failed to deliver the hype:

4. Metallic Rouge (for a supposed to be 25th anniversary anime of studio Bones, the story didn't make sense until way later on, but it's still pretty confusing, it fails the expectations of Bones' fans)
5. Sengoku Youko (the animation is top-notch as it is made by studio White Fox but the story is simple, that's it, I do think that the story will get better though since it will have 37 episodes)

Top 10 best fights this season:

1. Jinwoo vs Igris (them hands was nasty💀)
2. Sunraku vs Wethermon
3. Sukuna vs Mahoraga (Blu-ray version)
4. Frieren and Fern vs Frieren clone
5. Law vs Blackbeard
6. Alus the Star Runner vs Regnejee the Sunset Wings
7. Rayne vs Macaron Margaret
8. Jinwoo vs Cerberus
9. Andy vs Victor
10. Rouge vs Purgatory Viola
Angels are trendy right now. DAL also has angels. Summer or Spring 2023 had a Saint.
Yeah, the saint/angels theme anime are strong this year.
Can't wait for something like "My Pope can't be this Cute"
Lmao.:milaugh:

Anime review:

The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse: 8/10. Pretty good sequel to SDS. Not as good as the original series but still good nonetheless. Better than season 3 and 4 of SDS at least. Can't wait for season 2 this October.

First Episode Anime Impressions:

Train to the End of the World: Pretty interesting premise for an original anime, it's an apocalyptic setting with 7G towers turning people into animals except the main cast and some other people.

Intriguing on how this series would go. Hopefully it will be just a lighthearted show and pray that this wouldn't turn into Heavenly Delusion lol. If it does, just expect the anime community to go on fire.

Re:Monster: This series is basically if Gobta from Slime was an MC. First ep got mixed reviews but they already saying that Re:Monster got the worst opening of the year already.:milaugh:The song and the visuals doesn't matched at all.:kobeha:

Oh man, studio Deen is on a streak when it comes to butchering good shows lately (Seven Deadly Sins season 3 and 4, The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases and now this). They should have just stick with Boys' Love and slice of life/romcom anime like Sasaki and Miyano. Deen is usually good with those. Speaking of which, Deen is also doing the two fathers anime thingy this season as well (forgot the name) and My Days with my Stepsister this summer. I can already see the stepsister "jokes" if you know what I'm talking about.

I was reincarnated as the 7th Prince: Okay, this is an interesting Isekai so far. A feminine 10 years old male MC with some of the thickest thighs in anime, not sure what the author was thinking but okay. The maids, especially Sylpha is fucking hot.:yonjidoggy:

They shows bare boobs but without nipples which is pointless. It's basically putting cereal on a bowl but without milk lol. Whatever, still gonna watch this for the plot and the girls.

Spice and Wolf: The remake of the OG Spice and Wolf, and Passione fucking nailed it. Better animation and visuals, soundtracks are not as good as the OG but still good. This will be one of the best anime this season for sure.

Reincarnated Aristocrat: This show is okay, the concept about Appraisal skill is new, but I'm only here for thicker mommy Roxy.

Not sure what Tougen Ranbu Kai is, and I still haven't catch up with Sound Euphonium yet so no review for season 3 first ep.

Episode 2 of The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases is out but the show is still trash lol. Fuck studio Deen. I rewatched Gods' Games We Play first episode official release this time with better audio quality and I fucking regretted watching first ep with poor audio quality before. I should have just waited for a few days Lmao.

Tsukimichi Season 2 Cour 2 starts off strong. Syudou (the singer from first season) is back with a banger opening once again!!! The ending song features slideshows of semi-naked characters including Shiki which is hot af. Hopefully J.C. Staff pick up the pace and starts diving into good shit as I heard that Cour 2 will be action filled. So I'm looking forward to it. Cour 1 is not bad persay but I'm not really interested in the heroes' side stories even though it's a build-up for future plots and the academy arc is kinda boring (and I'm a total sucker for academy arc in Isekai lol) so that speaks volume of how boring the academy arc was.

And yeah, that's about it.

Mashiro Blue

Spice and Wolf: The remake of the OG Spice and Wolf, and Passione fucking nailed it. Better animation and visuals, soundtracks are not as good as the OG but still good. This will be one of the best anime this season for sure.
This is gonna be great. 25 eps means it will end in the exact place as the OG most likely. Maybe we'll get a full adaptation like Fruits Basket.