Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1112 Spoilers Discussion

What did Mars see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine working your entire life to make the art you want.

You have a wonderful story you love, and want to make, but it takes a ton of time to make it yourself. Even if others help you, it's still a struggle to live life while working that hard.

So, you work as hard as you can for twenty years, and then realize, your body's getting old, and this is probably your big work; Oda realized One Piece is his magna opus, or manga opus, I guess, and is now fully invested in it, but, still, wants to finish it so he can draw other stuff and live his life.

Think of Vegapunk as a character, a man with so many ideas, so limited by his own body, that he made six clones of himself.

This is literally Oda wishing he could clone himself so he could make One Piece better.

If it makes you feel better, Oda is probably 100 times more frustrated about things not being perfect than we are.

We spend 10 minutes reading a One Piece chapter and then like 10 weeks crapping on it; sometimes Oda spends 100 hours a week on one chapter, and doesn't have time to go back and judge it, it's on to the next one. It doesn't excuse the story's flaws, but, it's made me accept them. Dude is just old, tired, and overworked, and loves his story and fans so much his editors have to physically force him to stop writing. I have to respect that.
Fuck Oda, he went out of his way to treat Usopp like garbage, he deserves to have his work shit on

Status
Not open for further replies.