[FNZ] Role Madness Final Fantasy XVI Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
because it’s so useless there’s no way mafia would claim it.

for example, and perhaps I shouldn’t be revealing this, but as mafia you always want to draw out the doctor cuz you can kill him immediately and then there’s no one to protect the cop/vig
Where are you going with this? Are you planning to set up your claim of "useless role"?

She claims crusher that's why. I don't really get what's the difference between a roleblocker and a crusher. Dante said crushers don't affect factionnal kills so I don't l know
Rolecrusher usually targets also passive abilities in addition to active ones.

So if Godfather is making a faction kill and targetted by roleblocker he will be stopped from killing. But rolecrush will also destroy his passives, like cop immunity. I would say that 1-shot rolecrushes typically would stop faction kills, pernament one would not.

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
Well, I'll assume Psy was not serious in her scum read against me, that's why she stopped voting me. I'll keep an eye on her but my read on her is more townie now.

I really dislike the complete ignoring of the discussion over Red Night's lie. The fact that he decided to just ignore it and go on to ask so who do we lynch then. Feels like the most textbook deflection and move on to someone else ploy. Three of the active players asking you to clarify and own up to a mistake in a post or justify it, and you completely ignore it. Scumdar going off like crazy.
Once again @Red Night, if you made a post laying out why Psylocke is scum before Post #161, I'd really like to see it. Or at least an admission that you were wrong.
Emil did not go after Red Night even after he became counterwagon.
...That was my whole ass point. That if Emil had doubled down on defending Red Night and sticking to his "but this is his town meta" defense, that would be scummy.
Less side commentary like this if you are town.
I'll comment as I damn well please, and you can fuck off ya tea cup wearing goober.
The question is do we risk losing a possible town roleblocker?
What do YOU think is worth it? Would you lynch the claimed roleblocker because of the information from the flip? Or would you rather try proving the role in another way?
And what would be the counter claim in your opinion? What kind of role?
Well another town roleblocker for starts. Jailer role would be pretty problematic for a game of this size. Bus drivers would invite some doubt. Role crusher is one of the border line roles for a counter claim for me. Because yes a role crusher does """block""" but the result of misfiring a role crusher can be quite devastating if the town has a concentration of power roles. Basically role crusher falls more under the Vig style roles than blockie style roles.

Yeah Cubey made his joke then leave I don't like this too.
I'll help you push this guy until we have something new.

Vote Lynch Cubey
And now this wagon joining post. I realize that I am alone so far in this adventure. But we are going to need to revisit this. There's no way successful scum play is going to be "get called out" and ignore it into just letting another wagon go on effectively an afk player.

I really dislike the complete ignoring of the discussion over Red Night's lie. The fact that he decided to just ignore it and go on to ask so who do we lynch then. Feels like the most textbook deflection and move on to someone else ploy. Three of the active players asking you to clarify and own up to a mistake in a post or justify it, and you completely ignore it. Scumdar going off like crazy.
Once again @Red Night, if you made a post laying out why Psylocke is scum before Post #161, I'd really like to see it. Or at least an admission that you were wrong.

...That was my whole ass point. That if Emil had doubled down on defending Red Night and sticking to his "but this is his town meta" defense, that would be scummy.

I'll comment as I damn well please, and you can fuck off ya tea cup wearing goober.

What do YOU think is worth it? Would you lynch the claimed roleblocker because of the information from the flip? Or would you rather try proving the role in another way?

Well another town roleblocker for starts. Jailer role would be pretty problematic for a game of this size. Bus drivers would invite some doubt. Role crusher is one of the border line roles for a counter claim for me. Because yes a role crusher does """block""" but the result of misfiring a role crusher can be quite devastating if the town has a concentration of power roles. Basically role crusher falls more under the Vig style roles than blockie style roles.

And now this wagon joining post. I realize that I am alone so far in this adventure. But we are going to need to revisit this. There's no way successful scum play is going to be "get called out" and ignore it into just letting another wagon go on effectively an afk player.
I missed it, when did Red Night lie? And what is your read on Cubey?

I missed it, when did Red Night lie? And what is your read on Cubey?
Cubey read is a nothing afk player slot for me. Literally trying to hit post count from what I can see. Its not a favorable read, but incomplete would be a good word for it. It wouldn't break my heart to see him flip. But what info is there to get from a basically afk player. Not many relationships or friction results.

See post 161, where he said he had explained why he thought Psylocke was scummy before his OMGUS vote, which he did not.

Dante may be scum if Red Night and Emil are town actually. Being Ratchet's mentor means I should do not underestimate this guy.
Absolutely possible. I wouldn't town read me just because I made a lump post about a player. I would like the post to be taken at factual value. If my post suspecting Red has flaws or misinformation in it, then I think that's a great indicator that I'm scum.

Why do you think she is more townie because her scum read on you was not serious?
This is another huge problem for me. The fact he immediately backed off when Psylocke backed off tells me his feelings towards Psylocke were only ever strong when they were OMGUS based. Completely reactive. Match that with the temperature checking posts. It reads heavily as "Player who doesn't care who gets lynched as long as its not themselves."

There is almost no activity. Plus, if I was in a scum chat, that would mean my mates are active too. I don't even know how you can get to this conclusion. So now ask what I already asked you. What are your other reads?

This is absolutely not OMGUS. I already exposed why I think you're scum, you're the one acting suspect here.

You're the one obsessed with me. I already shared my thoughts and you did not. You were talking about me appearing sporadicaly. Since the start of the game, you appeared four times at random intervals. Also, where did you see any trait of anger coming from me in this?
Hmm... @Red Night did you adress this when Dante inquired? Your read on Psyche: "This is absolutely not OMGUS. I already exposed why I think you're scum, you're the one acting suspect here."

I could actually consider Red Night if he really lied, I missed it.

Yoho I am pondering as well.
I'm very unsatisfied with the conclusion of the Yoho situation. There's more flip information to be gained there than Cubey because there's already been a claim and a sort of soft counter claim. But a x2 roleblocker is just in that sweet spot between "useful" but not "TOO suspiciously useful".
So I am still chewing on that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.