But why are we pretending like Japan isn't a country that has also been an empire that subjugated its neighbors and committed all sorts of horrible crimes as well?

All I'm saying is that when we look at the media landscape, Japan is more accepting of those things. All you have to do is look at what they're putting out there.

If you want to talk about international sex trafficking, Japan is also a huge hub of it. There are multiple cases of Latin American women being trafficked into Japan and forced to work as exotic prostitutes.

Let's just make one thing clear, I don't hate Japan, far from it, me and my wife have been saving money for years to go there. But let's not pretend mfs out there aren't freaky deaky.
Japan was one of the most blatantly evil countries in the world pre-WW2. Literally one of the most imperialistic, fascist, and colonialist countries EVER lol.

The rape of nanjing, the most brutal human experiments of all time, the treatment of pows, the extreme classism…

Why are people acting like Japan deserves benefit of the doubt?

If anything you could literally argue that forced inheritance of western ideals is the reason Japan isn’t North Korea but worse right now

Japan was one of the most blatantly evil countries in the world pre-WW2. Literally the most imperialistic, fascist, and colonialist countries EVER lol.

The rape of nanjing, the most brutal human experiments of all time, the treatment of pows, the extreme classism…

Why are people acting like Japan deserves benefit of the doubt?

If anything you could literally argue that forced inheritance of western ideals is the reason Japan isn’t North Korea but worse right now
Cuz anime is cool

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
My first official girlfriend when I was 19, was 15 years old, does that made me a pedophile?
To idiots it's pedophilia, to sane people it's just normal. Pedos are people that look at flat kids with undeveloped bodies and want to straight up use them as sex toys.

Society being ruled by people with shitty sex standards is how we started attacking kids with 4-year age gaps for loving each other, fucking ridiculous.

I'm a 31-year-old man. I should be looking for woman around 5 years younger or older than me.

Once kids are around 14-15, it's fine for them to date other teens that are a bit older, as long as it's out of actual affection, and not just an older teen wanting to use a younger one. The fact that adults can't tell the difference is what bothers me.

The weird shit is when people my age in their 30s are trying to get with people half their age, or some shit.

As long as you tried to love her and learned from the relationship, that's what matters, ya'll were still kids.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The live-action Kiss scene didn't sit well with some fans, I guess, but it is canon now and forever.

:endthis:
Even if they weren't canon, it's not okay to devalue Kaya's role in Usopp's life like that. But unfortunately, the part of the fanbase that sees in Usopp what they want to see (because of his skin color and lack of toxic masculinity, they want him to FULLY conform to their ideals, including sexual orientation), they hate Kaya for being the likely endgame of Usopp in the manga.

To idiots it's pedophilia, to sane people it's just normal. Pedos are people that look at flat kids with undeveloped bodies and want to straight up use them as sex toys.

Society being ruled by people with shitty sex standards is how we started attacking kids with 4-year age gaps for loving each other, fucking ridiculous.

I'm a 31-year-old man. I should be looking for woman around 5 years younger or older than me.

Once kids are around 14-15, it's fine for them to date other teens that are a bit older, as long as it's out of actual affection, and not just an older teen wanting to use a younger one. The fact that adults can't tell the difference is what bothers me.

The weird shit is when people my age in their 30s are trying to get with people half their age, or some shit.

As long as you tried to love her and learned from the relationship, that's what matters, ya'll were still kids.
real