Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda just hates drawing fights and he's scared of drawing their abilities, it requires waaaay too much thought and effort. That's the cold hard truth.

It's why he will draw Punk Hazard the way it is offpanel, but when he draws Garp vs Kuzan he has him mentality conflicted so that he can just draw Kuzan throwing basic punches. Much easier for him to do. It's beyond sad at this point, if it was in order to sacrifice for something more meaningful it would be one thing but half these chapters are loaded with filler content.
Jesus christ, do I have to spell it out for you guys?

I think the admirals are some of the best characters narrative wise, power potential wise and pretty much every way that isn't actual panel time. In theory and with statements these guys are the fucking shit but oda fumbled them or he straight up didn't intend for them to actually do much

There are zero panels that convinced me that the admirals were strong enough to 1v1 any other top tier than another Admiral

I'm sorry but whitebeard made akainu look like a joke until that face melting shit...

Shanks then blocked akainu's blood-lusted femboy stomping shenanigans..
there's 1 feat on an old dying cancer ridden fuck and 1 anti feat from a one-armed runner up...

The admirals are balanced between narrative relevance and feats and that's why their characters are great. They fit the category of enough to stop the last generation but not enough to stop the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.