Status
Not open for further replies.
? I think you misread something I'm saying plot is not an argument because plot always existed
my point IS that SH never dies or gets permanently crippled. This is not a new thing and other antagonist managed to be more threatening despite that stipulation
The issue you guys are failing to see is this: Oda wants his cake and to eat it too. He wants to introduce new and threatening antagonists that spell doom for the straw hats but at the same time the straw hats have to survive, which creates this narrative dissonance where the antagonists cant do shit because of the plot and thus making them look less threatening in the writers eyes.

Once we actually see the Gorosei in the arc where they will go all out in and fight, they will look far more threatening and stronger.

So what's the problem then? The Gorosei obviously aren't going to bypass plot armor.
The problem is it isn't a argument because Plot Armor always exist in one piece and other villains manage to look better.
The gorosei having "no aura" is not because one of them didn't kill usopp, its because Like @Franosuke they don't feel threatening in the sum.
Franky Sanji were cracking jokes like 1 chapter ago

The problem is it isn't a argument because Plot Armor always exist in one piece and other villains manage to look better.
The gorosei having "no aura" is not because one of them didn't kill usopp, its because Like @Franosuke they don't feel threatening in the sum.
Franky Sanji were cracking jokes like 1 chapter ago
If you think Akainu or any other antagonist is safe from this idk what to tell you lol. This is how post skip One Piece has been written.

The issue you guys are failing to see is this: Oda wants his cake and to eat it too. He wants to introduce new and threatening antagonists that spell doom for the straw hats but at the same time the straw hats have to survive, which creates this narrative dissonance where the antagonists cant do shit because of the plot and thus making them look less threatening in the writers eyes.

Once we actually see the Gorosei in the arc where they will go all out in and fight, they will look far more threatening and stronger.
I don't fail to see it. I already wrote how Kizaru and Saturn was fine, and when he added more gorosei they became less threatening because they seem more incompetent and weak now.
Its a writing issue of oda in this case that he wrote himself in.

And yes they can look more menacing later but this will leave an impact and will lesser the experience no matter how good or bad that later arc potrays them

Blame Oda being a shitty writer, he wants his cake and eat it too which leads to these situation where you have people who should by all means annihilate the straw hats but they cant because the straw hats cant die lol.

I swear to you that any other bunch of top tiers wouldve been treated the same way bro, you have to know it too lol.
I agree, but that’s exactly why it’s frustrating. I don’t think it was a good idea to force this situation in the first place, if the intention was for the SHs to get off scott-free from the beginning

Dude what. Are you being serious right now lol? Like wtf are you saying of course the straw hats are immortal and invincible. They cannot die lol.

I never said they were because Oda actually allowed Akainu to kill Ace and Whitebeard who were expendable and their death was needed for the narrative.

More like Oda allow BB and others to kill WB .
Cause even with Akainu taking half his face and hole in chest WB keep on going that even Akainu did not matter to him .
Plus he need BB to be there to take his DF so Akainu was MIA for a short while lol .

I don't fail to see it. I already wrote how Kizaru and Saturn was fine, and when he added more gorosei they became less threatening because they seem more incompetent and weak now.
Its a writing issue of oda in this case that he wrote himself in.

And yes they can look more menacing later but this will leave an impact and will lesser the experience no matter how good or bad that later arc potrays them
The Gorosei are very competent, they accomplished most of the things they set out to do narratively, its just that they cant hurt the straw hats in any meaningful way. Thats the only blemish for them lol.

If you think Akainu or any other antagonist is safe from this idk what to tell you lol. This is how post skip One Piece has been written.
Then we disagree then
I found Kizaru to be the better antagonist this arc after he added the other gorosei antagonist for example and there was tension when he was moving. Him getting called "pizzadiffed" by powerscalers doesn't detract that.

Thats why I made the example with Horsejuro, the important part is not that he got tagged by sanji carrying someone, or he got prevented by zoro or he got blown up but the important part is he ain't feeling menacing.

I agree, but that’s exactly why it’s frustrating. I don’t think it was a good idea to force this situation in the first place, if the intention was for the SHs to get off scott-free from the beginning
But it works well if the gorosei truly are just weaker than top tiers with regen because it lets them be a continued “threat” throughout the arc but the straw hats surviving and continuously holding them back makes sense too.

The argument that this is just plot holding back 5 PK level characters just doesn’t make sense since Oda had to construct an entire plot line to eliminate the actual bonafide top tier of the arc from chasing down and killing the straw hats.

More like Oda allow BB and others to kill WB .
Cause even with Akainu taking half his face and hole in chest WB keep on going that even Akainu did not matter to him .
Plus he need BB to be there to take his DF so Akainu was MIA for a short while lol .
Whitebeard was a dead man walking though, even without BB and the others showing up, he lost half his head and had a hole in his chest lol.
I whole heartedly agree but well we have this now so we got to deal with the hand we are dealt, I truly dislike what Oda has been doing lol. Honestly I only check One Piece weekly out of habit and to know if any interesting lore has been dropped. Its been really had for me to be hyped about the series lol.

The SH get off scott free but not the VPs , it look like this situation get made to kill off all but 2 of them.
Really the SH them self have fail out right this arc when it comes to keeping there allies alive .
5 VPs died on there watch even the main one out of 7 lol .
Oda want to show off the elders and he did but the SH is who not paid the price .

But it works well if the gorosei truly are just weaker than top tiers with regen because it lets them be a continued “threat” throughout the arc but the straw hats surviving and continuously holding them back makes sense too.

The argument that this is just plot holding back 5 PK level characters just doesn’t make sense since Oda had to construct an entire plot line to eliminate the actual bonafide top tier of the arc from chasing down and killing the straw hats.
The difference is Luffy could have defeated Kizaru. He can't defeat the Gorosei.

You can ignore people hyping up their haki all you want lol but unfortunately for you its been written in the manga, sorry lol.
Then we disagree then
I found Kizaru to be the better antagonist this arc after he added the other gorosei antagonist for example and there was tension when he was moving. Him getting called "pizzadiffed" by powerscalers doesn't detract that.

Thats why I made the example with Horsejuro, the important part is not that he got tagged by sanji carrying someone, or he got prevented by zoro or he got blown up but the important part is he ain't feeling menacing.
Idk lol, hes been treated like a side character and not the huge threat he was in Sabaody, also he kept getting pingponged by Luffy everytime he tried to do something. Failed to hurt anyone except Vegapunk who was already dying from Saturn too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.