Powers & Abilities Sanji and Luffy parallel on Chapter 1129: Warrior of Liberation and W. of Science improving at once!

Another Sanji and Luffy parallel after Egghead's

Both fought Admiral together
Both fought Gorosei together
Both fought for Bonney, Vegapunk and Bonney
Both defied physics with their powers.

Now Luffy can use Gear 4th without transforming - Devil Fruit improvement i guess

And now for the first time ever, Sanji can use Ifrit Jambe without transforming - CoA improvement, since he needed the Exoskeleton to do that.

*Question about Luffy's feat:

1 - Did he tried doing the same against Iskat but failed in the process and called it "Elephant Whip" like a Gear 3 move? Could've been a hint from Oda...

* Questions about Sanji's feat:

1 - The sparks are getting thicker and longer in Elbaf. What exactly is that? Is Sanji's CoA leaking through the flames? We know Ifrit Jambe comes from a mix of CoA improvement and the Exoskeleton.

(Look at how thick it is. It's bigger than Sanji, Nami and Zoro together)

2 -There is a possibility that this isn't Ifrit Jambe, but Diable Jambe with Haki leaking through it. Which means that currently, Sanji is possibly improving his CoA to reach the next level, which also means he still needs to activate the Exoskeleton to use Ifrit Jambe.

The sole fact that Sanji's CoA is important to increase the damage output of his flames, means that he also can benefit from improving it. It might be a hint that Sanji will need to follow that route at some point.

- Oda's plan is to show that Luffy having Nika's Devil Fruit is a big deal because Luffy is competent to use that, which show why no one was capable of Awakening it for so many centuries. The fruit searched for Luffy, Luffy didn't asked for it or choose it knowing the consequences.

- While on Sanji's case, it shows that he will be Germa's biggest achievement, unwillingly, because he will make a big name for himself that completely overshadows Germa anything Germa has to offer, despite being a Vinsmoke himself. Sanji was born with it and it was supposed to be a drawback, since becoming one like his brother surely would hold back his potential, he also never asked for it.

Basically for these two being a Warrior means that they need to find ways to work with unwanted powers that might represent even a threat for themselves and the ones around them, while at the same time, without those power, they wont be able to achieve some stuff. It's almost like a paradox.

Leave your thoughts.

Last edited:
I noticed the eyebrow thing too

If that means he can casually use IFJ now then that's a pretty significant improvement

Maybe Oda plans on giving every Strawhat a powerup in Elbaf

Luffy's could be permanent G4 (hinting at it with partial G4 = full mastery?) and then G5 can be used as a finisher with an extended time limit

Elbaf could have tons of different plants for Usopp to choose from. That on top of armament + observation training (he's getting CoC at the end of Elbaf 100%) could make Usopp a solid combatant

I can't think of much for the rest of them... Zoro's would probably be extended KOH or making it permanent

The rest? No clue

If sanji can truly use ifrit in base and it’s not an error that’s a massive flex. Tho for now ima assume it is an error
Also idk about the elephant whip actually being g4 it visually just looks, works, and is named like a g3 attack. No muscle highlights, no g4 compression, and it’s called elephant whip

If sanji can truly use ifrit in base and it’s not an error that’s a massive flex. Tho for now ima assume it is an error
Also idk about the elephant whip actually being g4 it visually just looks, works, and is named like a g3 attack. No muscle highlights, no g4 compression, and it’s called elephant whip
There is a possibility that both are mistakes.

But i just found curious that Oda made Luffy use Gear 4th without transforming himself, now that mistake with Gear 4th: Elephant Whip might have an explanation.

And on Sanji's case, so far, everytime his eyebrows have flipped, he is either acting super edgy, using Ifrit Jambe or blocking something with extreme ease. Did Oda made managed to make a mistake and break that logic in a span of 2 mere chapters? If Sanji didn't need to rely on CoA to endure hotter flames, that wouldn't even be a question, but since he does need to rely on it, makes me think about it..

There is a possibility that both are mistakes.

But i just found curious that Oda made Luffy use Gear 4th without transforming himself, now that mistake with Gear 4th: Elephant Whip might have an explanation.

And on Sanji's case, so far, everytime his eyebrows have flipped, he is either acting super edgy, using Ifrit Jambe or blocking something with extreme ease. Did Oda made managed to make a mistake and break that logic in a span of 2 mere chapters? If Sanji didn't need to rely on CoA to endure hotter flames, that wouldn't even be a question, but since he does need to rely on it, makes me think about it..
Yeah that’s my current thought

As for sanji it does seem like Sanji is using hardening so maybe because of that he can now use ifrit in base. So like how before onigashima he had basic dj and a hotter version maybe it can be the same with ifrit
But obviously that’s only the case if it’s not an error

After Oda made 30 mistakes in 1 chapter (is this a world record?) I just don't know anymore. Are his eyebrows supposed to be flipped or did Oda just forget like he did with everything 2 chapters ago.

Sanji - Ifrit
Luffy - G4/G5

Base Zoro walking like Menace between them.
:milaugh:
Swords are weapons meant to cause damage with ease

Oda is giving Zoro a lil bit of the taste Egghead Sanji had, since for the most part Sanji was in base form and using DJ and sometimes not even using flames
Post automatically merged:

the desperation to make something that is pathetic look good. Use all your power to destroy a net :gokulaugh::milaugh:

While Zoro only needs a random Ittoryu slash :myman:
Try cutting a piece of meat with a kick or a punch

Then try doing the same with a knife

Not too hard to understand