Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 988: "I've kept you waiting"

Rate

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
king really does give me same vibes as katakuri first yc are all really special, and what is even more exciting is zoro will officially be joining them soon. sanji was awesome too love how he encouraged momo for his bravery he motivated usopp same way in ennies lobby when he was down too. hopefully he will be alright i'm not taking it lightly he saved the future ruler of wano right under the noses of two beasts. he was the mvp of this chapter alongside brook and franky now we need to see what robin and jimbei are up to

Another good chapter. Shame about these breaks though, nothing to be done about them but they're really killing the flow here.

Anyway, bit dissapointed that after the way last chapter ended we aren't seeing Inu and Neko go Su Long yet. TBH, I don't really care about the other Minks much. The Numbers do indeed just seem to be glorified fodder that exist to expand Kaido's backstory and be defeated by people Oda isn't going to give real fights to. So in this case, we'll probably see them and the Minks go to and fro, the Minks beat No 7 then hybrid Jack solo them to hype Jack up.

Redemption for Sanji! Wonder if Oda saw the criticism of the hooker escapades and changed it up for this. Despite what I'm sure will be greeted with cries of bias, I still don't think Sanji will beat King. I'm reminded very much of the Tea Party with this chapter with all the fights being "set-up." I think we'll see a decent amount of teasing for fights only for the final ones to be in place when Luffy is ready to take on Kaido. There's still a lot of absent figures in the current setup, the fights won't be ready to take place until all are in place. The only way I could see Sanji vs King go ahead would be if it's a real 5 vs 1 between Kaido and Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Law and Marco with that being all the four later characters do, and I find that rather unlikely.

I find it interesting that all the Calamities are now split up- time for Who's Who and his grudge to come into play, I would think.

Yamato is a fucking weirdo.

Franky and Brook on a motorbike smashing right into Big Mom without a care in the world may be one of the best things Oda has ever drawn. Wonder if it's enough to get a return to O-Lin- Brachio Bike, Brachio Bomber relation?

good chapter IMO

Kaido and his crew showing no admiration for the samurai attack calling the hit a flaw on their side (inadequac) and not a job well done for the samurai ...

Mink Sulong was incredible, I liked The guardians and the musketeers transformations, I think we will see a closer look in the upcoming chapters ... Jack seemed to know about the Sulong expiration after a period of time ... maybe Oda is saying it’s a 50 chance for each to win.

King and queen chillin near momo execution place, exactly where I thought Oda would put them, shinobu should have been dazed by that king throw, she should have been injured bad imo.

Sanji saving the day as usual, I find it really necessary for a SH to save momo, that way queen and king can be involved in fights rather than just chilling by the staked momo.

sanji clearly showed admiration for momo’s self declaration, making it senseable he saved him.

I think the king vs sanji thing will be ongoing in the next chapter, and will only end by a bigger event (Kaido calling King/sanji leaving to help others in distress especially ladies)

If big mom doesn’t stop this ridiculous attitude and lives up to her title as YONKO, I think I’m going with the #oda_screwed_BM hashtag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.