Votes: 106 41.2%
  • Katakuri

Votes: 91 35.4%
  • Raid Suit Sanji

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my opinion, but i think mihawk is extremely boring, i know there is stuff behind his character but for now i find him boring, just like i know kaido has stuff behind his character(and im sure you do too since we barely know anything about him still) but he is boring and just complete ass to me rn.
Kaido is definitely trash lol
I literally don't give a shit about him.

But with Mihawk he has some complex layers to him
-Mihawk is "suffering from success" kinda character arc. His motivation is to finally find someone that can kill his boredom, after Shanks has lost an arm and is not strong enough to do so. There are other characters in anime like Saitama with same kinda archetype.

But that's the most obvious one but even beyond that, Mihawk statements like the ones against Zoro to motivate him, his true distance statement and then his statements against Luffy leave a massive room for interpretation which is interesting. Then there is the fact that behind very tough exterior he has soft spot for Perona and Zoro, which could be result of him evolving as a character in Zoro fight. So in turn its not just Mihawk who changed Zoro, made him more serious, Zoro also changed Mihawk.

There is more to that but I am kinda multi tasking rn, I am also clocked in at work. I can make a proper post regarding Mihawk some day.

Alright guys, some of you might need to take a couple of years break from OP talk like i did.

After a long pilgrimage and months of meditating i have reached enlightenment and come to the understanding that Zoro and Sanji are actually on the same side, so maybe it's not all that productive to argue and try to shit on one or the other as a fan of either of them :hope:

Are we looking at the SH vs Oarz part 2 with Big Mom? It would be great to see the Strawhats team tactics against an oversized moron again.
:suresure:
She's way out of their league, i have no idea what Oda is planning, i feel O'lin coming, her remember how chopper was nice to her or some shit, then pedospedo and marco arriving and she somehow turns against kaido.
Because realistically, they cant win so wth is Oda doing. That panel would be badass if we didnt know the overpowered monstruosity that had them run for their lives for the last 100 chapters was the one they're posing against :josad:

Maybe, dedication to friends/loyalty/drive to get stronger , isnt anything new tbh.
No but neither is Doflamingo's "Grief to madness" archetype, it is the execution that matters.

Zoro on the surface has following qualities as a character
-Highest moral compass we have seen in One Piece
-Kindness and great deal of Good will behind hard exterior
-Loyalty to his captain
-Dedication to his friends
-Driven by promise
-Yet knowing when to put the promise aside for the future
-Principles for his swordsmanship
-Said principles evolving

Zoro's execution as a character even more than the layers and dimensions of his character is probably Oda's best work, especially pre TS.
I think execution of Zoro is far more compelling than that of Luffy.

Alright guys, some of you might need to take a couple of years break from OP talk like i did.

After a long pilgrimage and months of meditating i have reached enlightenment and come to the understanding that Zoro and Sanji are actually on the same side, so maybe it's not all that productive to argue and try to shit on one or the other as a fan of either of them :hope:
Wouldn't that be great?
But its also worth noting most of Zoro side is reactionary and initiation of often done by pro Sanji side. Not sure if your enlightenment made you realize that.

I am fairly confident if people stopped comparing Sanji to Zoro, pro Zoro side would literally just stop.

Kaido is definitely trash lol
I literally don't give a shit about him.

But with Mihawk he has some complex layers to him
-Mihawk is "suffering from success" kinda character arc. His motivation is to finally find someone that can kill his boredom, after Shanks has lost an arm and is not strong enough to do so. There are other characters in anime like Saitama with same kinda archetype.

But that's the most obvious one but even beyond that, Mihawk statements like the ones against Zoro to motivate him, his true distance statement and then his statements against Luffy leave a massive room for interpretation which is interesting. Then there is the fact that behind very tough exterior he has soft spot for Perona and Zoro, which could be result of him evolving as a character in Zoro fight. So in turn its not just Mihawk who changed Zoro, made him more serious, Zoro also changed Mihawk.

There is more to that but I am kinda multi tasking rn, I am also clocked in at work. I can make a proper post regarding Mihawk some day.
Kaido has shown certain side, he grew to respect Oden.
Seems interested in the once piece, his quote about pirates betraying you maybe speaks from his past(rox maybe? We dont know what happend in god valley)
He seems to respect yamato enough to allow him to be Oden,etc
He seems to have a surprisingly healthy relationship with his subbordinates, him letting ulti berrate him, them respecting him and wanting to drink with him,etc the contrast with how brutal he is against everyone else is interesting.
There is more to it, but rn he's bland-ish

No but neither is Doflamingo's "Grief to madness" archetype, it is the execution that matters.

-Loyalty to his captain
-Driven by promise

Zoro's execution as a character even more than the layers and dimensions of his character is probably Oda's best work, especially pre TS.
Ngl, Luffy as a character is god dang boring as fuck.

-Loyalty to his captain
-Driven by promise

Well, you basically repeated what i said Drive/loyalty/Selflessness, its not new.
I do agree i enjoyed zoro during ts, but that doesnt detract from the fact that he isnt a new concept.

Exactly, Zoro and Sanji are on the same side:yurazclear:

What? You make no sense. Wado doesn’t change its grade Just because someone random used it. Like I said wado is a power up regardless of haki or skill. Otherwise it would have broke alongside his other two swords when Mihawk cut him.
Wado dosent suck up haki, nor is it cursed, soo the sword will do nothing by itself, will not give you a boost in str, it will not do anything aside from being harder to break than normal swords.

Soo if a regular person grabs it, it will not benefit him in the slightest, now if a regular person uses the RS it will boost him significantly.

Wouldn't that be great?
But its also worth noting most of Zoro side is reactionary and initiation of often done by pro Sanji side. Not sure if your enlightenment made you realize that.

I am fairly confident if people stopped comparing Sanji to Zoro, pro Zoro side would literally just stop.
Seems both sides didn't change much from what i remember so from what i can tell i would not say one is more guilty than the other, though i'm sure both would point fingers.

We ought to band together and argue Zoro + Sanji vs other duos. With how much work people seem to put into posts that contain Zoro's or Sanji's name, such a team up would be unstopable :finally:

true even zoro and sanji despite their rivalry have the utmost respect for each other

Well, you basically repeated what i said Drive/loyalty/Selflessness, its not new.
I do agree i enjoyed zoro during ts, but that doesnt detract from the fact that he isnt a new concept.
Yeah because these are high level concepts but not ever form of selflessness, loyalty and drive are the same, they can be expanded upon.

Again people use Doflmaingo as an example of "complex" character in One Piece but his archetype can literally be summed up in three words "Grief to madness"

As far as not a new concept, by time time Zoro was truly fleshed out as a character (well manga hasn't ended yet) we had already seen almost every form of character archetypes. Oda is not reinventing the wheel, and we can't expect him to do so, its the execution that matters.
Post automatically merged:

Seems both sides didn't change much from what i remember so from what i can tell i would not say one is more guilty than the other, though i'm sure both would point fingers.

We ought to band together and argue Zoro + Sanji vs other duos. With how much work people seem to put into posts that contain Zoro's or Sanji's name, such a team up would be unstopable :finally:
Oh no they really didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.