Current Events Is Toei right or is Toei wrong (Sanji vs Drake and P1)

So Toei has created 2 narratives now"-

" Sanji runs away from P1"
" Sanji defeats Drake"

They've also created the "Drake > P1" narrative. Now should we believe them...or should we just ignore this and say that we dont know what happened in the manga.

However an esteemed user and extremely intelligent Zoro fan @ShadyOjiro has brought it to my attention. That if Toei content doesnt contradict the manga, then we could possibly use it as the truth. It seems to be his headcannon, but it seems pretty logical to me.

Sanji defeating Drake doesnt contradict the manga, since we dont know what happened....

Anyways thats food for thought.

My personal opinion is that Sanjis looks good whether Toei is right or wrong.....so IDGAF:funky:

Depends on how you see canonicity. Technically speaking, shouldn't all the official franchise (movie, games, novel) be "right"? Since it's part of IP, after all.

I myself think only the manga is canon especially for the discussion since oda directly works on the OP manga. The other things like anime or movies are just income sources for oda. Anime is just another cash grab.

I am sure that the anime got more intel about what happen in the official chapter, especially for clashes. So yes Sanji vs Page1 and Sanji vs Drake in the anime are mostly canon materials. I dont mind.
Still Drake didnt lose the fight, cuz we didnt see his body (we see him falling even the anime didnt want to show a definite victory) after that Sanji finished his combo. That different than the clear battle between Killer and Zoro where we have a definitive winner.
In any case Sanji used 3 named and almost stronget attack against Drake dino form and he just stood there without blocking or trying to counter attack that weird becuase Killer tryed to counter attack the only Zoro named attack in the anime.
In any case I dont see a definitive proof that Drake got Ko vs Sanji in the anime (I dont see the body). Luffy got ko by Apoo and we see that clearly in the manga. I cant see that in this clash between Sanji and Drake

Well no panel for :
- Sanji beating P1 ( off paneled ) and never it was mentioned he beat him ; P1 appeared this chapter never he mentioned that he got beaten nor sanji mentioned that .
- in Manga ; Sanji jumped high to evade Drake and then he went to help hyori but Zoro blitzed him from behind no panel for Sanji defeating X Drake .
Conclusion :
- Sanji didn't beat P1 and got tailed by slowest and skill-less form :doffycry:

Well no panel for :
- Sanji beating P1 ( off paneled ) and never it was mentioned he beat him ; P1 appeared this chapter never he mentioned that he got beaten nor sanji mentioned that .
- in Manga ; Sanji jumped high to evade Drake and then he went to help hyori but Zoro blitzed him from behind no panel for Sanji defeating X Drake .
Conclusion :
- Sanji didn't beat P1 and got tailed by slowest and skill-less form :doffycry:
- P1 appeared 50 chapters after Sanji said he'll beat him
- Sanji didnt have a care in the world after his fight with P1, even though P1 wanted to destroy the village
- Drake is pissed with Sanji
- And P1 hasnt made a move in 2 weeks in the actual cannon plot

Its pretty obvious what happened.

And latest chapter Sanji is confident that Usopp and Nami can handle him ( with of course Ulti). Like even if Sanji was superior to him....he is legit unphased by P1 chasing Nami ( love of his life) and Usopp who are legit fodders. If he thinks fodders can handle P1, then Sanji also believes P1 is a fodder to him.

So even if we dont have the panel of Sanji defeating....we have a lot of evidence to back it up. And of course we see that Sanji views him as a fodder.

Safe to say Sanji lol diffs P1 if he actually wants.

Yh but in the anime he still lost conciousness. Sanji was still able to walk away with Drake....not being able to do shit to him.

Thats technically a defeat.
Yeah kind of it is but depend on the duration that he lost conciousness because we saw the same with Luffy vs Kaido his eyes got white too against G3 punch but right after Kaido got up we dont know about x-Drake so far how long he is unconscius cuz Sanji moved to save Hiyori that basically less than second so is it really a lost? Like I said we didnt see X-Drake in ground (the anime prefer to show flames not his body)
Do we count Luffy g3 punch against Kaido like a lost for Kaido?

Yeah kind of it is but depend on the duration that he lost conciousness because we saw the same with Luffy vs Kaido his eyes got white too against G3 punch but right after Kaido got up we dont know about x-Drake so far how long he is unconscius cuz Sanji moved to save Hiyori that basically less than second so is it really a lost?
Do we count Luffy g3 punch against Kaido like a lost for Kaido?
Either way. Drake started the beef and got shat on lmao. Sanji won regardless and he didnt even use the RS.

Either way. Drake started the beef and got shat on lmao. Sanji won regardless and he didnt even use the RS.
I can give you taht, Sanji achieve what was necessary for the plot protecting the girl and leaving safe the capital.
I cant accept a definite lost for X-Drake though xD.
Sanji did well in the anime, a bit exaggerate that they used 4 movement combo though xD

Sanji oneshoted P1 and clashed a bit with Drake, that's all you need to know. The rest are in Zoroliebers mind or anime, both viewpoints irrelevant and invalid.
Even if we were to assume that Sanji's clash with P1 ended with P1 being defeated, his defeat clearly wouldn't be a oneshot as P1 overpowered Sanji and sent him crashing through buildings at one point. Your take is more invalid than any Zoro fan's take on the matter is.

Last edited:

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
We see so many offpanel/offscreen happened in the manga like how Yasu and Zoro meet, how P1 vs Sanji happen,
and now Sanji vs X-Drake.

This is how Sanji vs X-Drake fight in the manga

Again, based on Manga we know nothing after this. Thats why TOEI filled the gap.
Thats why Anime is important right now because we have so many offscreen/offpaneled happen in the manga.

After that panel, we see Sanji again with this panel