Speculations Hot take: The Gorosei will be >= the Admirals

Many people say that this is impossible because the Admirals were called the “Greatest Military Force” of the WG. However, I don’t think that this point applies to the Gorosei since it is very likely that next to no one (probably only themselves and Imu) knows about their fighting capabilities. The Gorosei would probably want to keep their power a secret, so obviously they’re not gonna go around advertising themselves as even stronger than the Admirals.

The main reason why I’m thinking that the Gorosei will be even stronger than the Admirals is Zoro. In my opinion, it is very likely that Mihawk is not Zoro’s final opponent for two reasons. First, it would make no sense for Zoro to achieve his dream after Luffy’s since Zoro and Luffy agreed when they met that it would be an embarrassment to Luffy if Zoro wasn’t WSS when Luffy becomes PK. Second, it would make no sense for Zoro to fight Mihawk during the Final War since Mihawk now has no reason to help the WG, especially when their heinous crimes probably get exposed. So obviously if Zoro’s final opponent isn’t Mihawk, then it must be someone even stronger than Mihawk. Fujitora doesn’t fit the bill since nothing really suggests that he’s above Mihawk, and the odds of Fujitora being an enemy to the SHs at the EoS is pretty low. So if Zoro’s not fighting an Admiral or Mihawk, then that really only leaves one option (for now), a Gorosei, particularly the Shodai Kitetsu Gorosei. He would be pretty fitting as a final boss for Zoro since if he’s walking around with a Supreme Blade (it’s almost certainly Shodai Kitetsu since it shares the same hilt pattern as the Sandai and Nidai), then clearly he must be a really good swordsman, and then there’s the fact that him and Zoro both have a connection to the Kitetsu blades. Oda could reveal that this guy is secretly an even stronger swordsman than Mihawk.

The Gorosei are essentially Imu’s 5 “YCs”, so I’m thinking that at EoS, Luffy and his “YCs” take on Imu and its “YCs”. Luffy fights Imu, Zoro fights Shodai Gorosei, Sanji fights a Gorosei, Jinbe fights a Gorosei, Yamato fights a Gorosei, and then a potential Elbaf SH fights the last Gorosei. I think that the gap between Sanji and Jinbe/Yamato would be fairly substantial at EoS, so perhaps there’s a bit of a strength gap between some of the Gorosei, or the matchups actually go like this: Luffy fights Imu, Zoro fights Shodai Gorosei, Sanji fights Gorosei #2, and Franky, Brook, Robin, Chopper, Nami, Usopp, and any other future SHs help out Jinbe and Yamato with taking down the other 3 Gorosei

Last edited:
While I'm not opposed to the idea, as it has been around for a very long time, the biggest issue I have always taken with the notion is the fact that at least 4 of these guys should be pushing 90-100 years old. The only one who looks like he could be in Prime condition is the blonde haired one. I'd peg him in his 50s. The others look older than Garp and Sengoku, who are in their late 70's.

The only saving grace for the speculation for me, is Jewelry Bonney. I know the popular opinion is that the WG kept her locked up to keep them young, but what if it's for a different reason. What if she turned all of them old except the Blonde haired one, and they locked her up until she agreed to turn them back to their actual ages. Maybe that's why they dangled Bartholomew Kuma out there in Mariejois, in hopes of luring her out. If it's something along those lines, then I can see them being the final fights, but if they just in fact old men, who are past their prime, then it's hard to see it happening.

While I'm not opposed to the idea, as it has been around for a very long time, the biggest issue I have always taken with the notion is the fact that at least 4 of these guys should be pushing 90-100 years old. The only one who looks like he could be in Prime condition is the blonde haired one. I'd peg him in his 50s. The others look older than Garp and Sengoku, who are in their late 70's.

The only saving grace for the speculation for me, is Jewelry Bonney. I know the popular opinion is that the WG kept her locked up to keep them young, but what if it's for a different reason. What if she turned all of them old except the Blonde haired one, and they locked her up until she agreed to turn them back to their actual ages. Maybe that's why they dangled Bartholomew Kuma out there in Mariejois, in hopes of luring her out. If it's something along those lines, then I can see them being the final fights, but if they just in fact old men, who are past their prime, then it's hard to see it happening.
Imu is likely from the Void Century, so the Gorosei might also have access to what’s keeping him immortal
Post automatically merged:

The Gorosei are old😑
I can see them on the level of avarge Navy HQ Vice-Admiral.
Gandhi Gorosei: Carries around one of the 12 supreme blades

BigMemeWasHere: He’s Bastille level

The gorosei and IM for sure are fishy as hell. They don't seem fighters and are old while IM gave some Spandam waves with him slicing the bounty posters like a spoiled brat. Yet if we look at the logic and command chain in the WG the admirals are powerfull individuals who are choosen for their strength and nurtured with strong df. For sure they are brainwashed as well but if I was in the WG I would fell like Daenarys with her 3 store sized dragons: it can go all well but it can also go all terribly bad. With the difference admirals are smarter than Danny's dragins and don't respect the elders nearly as much. Indeed we have individuals like Akainu directly headbutt with the gorosei and on the top of that be mocked upon of it, not to talk about meeting with a yonko alone in a room.

At this point there are only 2 options:
Or these guys have balls of titanium and a shamefull amount of luck (not angering Akainu and betting on Shanks goodwill) or the elders actually have something to back up their attitude. Even if more than actual fight prowess and skills more likely it is some kind of hax the can immediately use. I would even have put the ancient weapon option but it would have to be something immediate since you can't have an AW actuvate and then wait the effect after you have mocked Akainu or are alone in a room with Shanks.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
We know how the age works in One Piece.

This may shock you but I will be pleasantly surprised if they are stronger than Yonko Commanders.

Unless they are 5 people who got Ope Ope no Mi user perform immortal surgery on them and they are in their prime rn.

Its not impossible i guess
Tho i wonder whod be fighting them
Actually now that I think about it, the matchups could actually be:

Luffy vs Im
Zoro vs Shodai Gorosei
Sanji vs Gorosei #2
Jinbe and Yamato (assuming she joins) vs Gorosei #’s 3 and 4
Usopp vs Gorosei #5

Usopp is gonna surpass Yasopp before EoS, so he could get strong enough to be one of EoS Luffy’s 5 “top commanders”

The gorosei is overrated and has done absolutely nothing that could make us believe that they are > admirals :seriously:
It’s called speculation

They might be as strong as Yonko Commanders but I doubt they're as strong as the Admirals are to be honest:kayneshrug:Not to count their old ages as well.
I just don’t see who else Zoro could logically fight at EoS. Who do you think?

I know right. What did your brain change the words to when mihawk told zoro hed wait for him at the top ?
Me: “I don’t think Zoro will fight Mihawk in the Final War because Oda has previously implied that Zoro would become WSS at the same time as or before Luffy becomes PK, and narratively it wouldn’t make sense for Mihawk to side with the WG”

HA001: “LOL HE’S SALTY ABOUT MIHAWK>SHANKS”

Not everything is about power levels kid

Last edited:
K

Kaido D. Stronger

I believe that with the capture of Bonney the goroseis can start to play an important role in the fights, it can make them younger.
That would be a good chance for kaido to kill some in wano ...

Not impossible. The Gorosei were in the presence of an Admiral and a Yonkou and didn't give a fuck about neither of em.

There's still no logical argument for that though. How often does Oda intend to lie to us ?

- The Gorosei being the highest authority was a lie and now this too? Because last time i checked it was the Admirals being called the WG's ultimate assault/military force.

If that turns out to be true then every single title given out from Oda should be questioned.

it would make no sense for Zoro to achieve his dream after Luffy’s since Zoro and Luffy agreed when they met that it would be an embarrassment to Luffy if Zoro wasn’t WSS when Luffy becomes PK.
So if Zoro’s not fighting an Admiral or Mihawk, then that really only leaves one option (for now), a Gorosei,
Oda could reveal that this guy is secretly an even stronger swordsman than Mihawk.

The Five Elders/WG will not fall before Luffy finds the One Piece and becomes PK.

Part of what will motivate the Strawhats to fight the World Government is the uncovered history of the Void Century they should understand when they conquer the Grandline by reaching Laugh Tale as hinted in Oden's flashback:

If the WG fall before that then PK Luffy won't even have a bounty.