Character Discussion Zoro’s sudden dislike of fighting women

So in Punk Hazard Zoro suddenly gained a distaste of fighting women weaker than him.

Where did this come from because it seemed incredibly out of character for Zoro? Zoro doesn’t care to hold back, Zoro never cared male or female he slice down whatever stands in his way.

And this preference against fighting women have yet to come in to play since that one scene with Monet. So why did Zoro suddenly care? Was this weird for anyone else?
obviously just an excuse for why zoro didn't one shot monet from the start. Just like how sanji suddenly noticed zoro's soft spot for women even though sanji was the one defending nami when zoro got pissed at her in arlong park arc.

The worst part about that whole shit is that in the same arc Luffy beat the living out of a Non fighter skinny scientist who's around the same level as Monet, literally the only difference between Monet and Caesar is that one has a penis which is apparently enough for Oda to be all icky about it

Its about Weak woman. If the Woman is strong, Zoro has no problem cutting them down. Remember when he attacked all the fodders and skipped Speed earlier in the arc?
Isn't that reinforcing OP's point though? He cut down all the fodders but spared Speed who is their superior and several times stronger than them. So that's again Zoro giving women a special treatment. He would rather cut down weak man than a women who would have been more of a threat.

Isn't that reinforcing OP's point though? He cut down all the fodders but spared Speed who is their superior and several times stronger than them. So that's again Zoro giving women a special treatment. He would rather cut down weak man than a women who would have been more of a threat.
She not treat, she fodder too. Yes he does give them special treatment if they are weak.

He don't mess with weak women. Remember he was raised by Samurais who have respect for woman. The only reason he probably respected Kuina is because she showed that she was strong
So he respects women so much he wont fight women if he sees them as weak but doesn't matter how weak a man is? Idk but that doesn't sound like respect to me

Also wano doesn't really respect women
  1. Kuina's father put into her head that women can't be master swordsman and can't even compete with men. Something zoro disagreed with
  2. First time we met kinemon he was telling nami how she dressed and spoke wasn't appropriate
  3. The most respected woman in wano was komurasaki aka hiyori for nothing but being a pretty quite women
Wanos pretty sexist tbh

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
So he respects women so much he wont fight women if he sees them as weak but doesn't matter how weak a man is? Idk but that doesn't sound like respect to me

1. Kuina's father put into her head that women can't be master swordsman and can't even compete with men. Something zoro disagreed with
  2. First time we met kinemon he was telling nami how she dressed and spoke wasn't appropriate
  3. The most respected woman in wano was komurasaki aka hiyori for nothing but being a pretty quite women
Wanos pretty sexist tbh
He never attacked the sumos that took kiku.
I shouldn't need to tell you why speed wasnt attacked and the whole tama kibi dango plotline that occured like 2 seconds later.

Wanos pretty sexist tbh
Yea thats what i ment. Samurais think Woman should be in the kitchen. I actually think Oda was going to make a plotline about Woman in Wano, but changed his mind. He completely forgot about that plotpoint.

100% feel the same
We got humans fodderizing giants, mink, ect but the line is crossed when it comes to women being stronger than men?? Like thats honestly stupid

Zoro as a child was even calling bullshit on the women being inferior thing kuina was being taught to believe. Even then if we took it as 100% fact like men vs a Fishman in a world full of devil fruits, haki, science, ect there are hella ways to make up for it.

At the very least even if zoro never fights a strong female swordsman again i at least hope the next wss after zoro could be a woman. Itd be cool if zoro trained her like mihawk did him for a bit.

Just imagine in a world full of of people accomplishing ridiculous ass "impossible" dreams a woman being wss would cross the line. Imagine kuina and tashigi being right.
That would be the saddest shit lol
You are pushing it too far.
The manga has shown several female characters being superior to make characters. Big Mom being one is even a top on the same level as Kaido.

Zoro has expressed restraint in attacking people significantly weaker than him. He even decided not to cut half naked men who had no weapons.

Oda's portrayal to me has been fine. Nowhere will you find men and women being absolutely equal in everything
Post automatically merged:

Do people actually expect Oda to draw Zoro or (insert male character) mauling a significantly weaker female character.
Like instead of M1 mauling Zoro, Nami should be inserted there to take those attacks.....is that something you guys want to see to fill some deluded notion of "equality"?

Yea thats what i ment. Samurais think Woman should be in the kitchen. I actually think Oda was going to make a plotline about Woman in Wano, but changed his mind. He completely forgot about that plotpoint.
I had the same exact thoughts tbh
I was even expecting tashigi to show up but i guess shes not which is a missed opportunity imo. It is what it is tho

Hopefully with the samurai seeing people like linlin, smoothie, yamato, ect in battle theyd respect them more at least

Also hoping for hiyori to become the next shogun. Its between her and kinemon imo before momo is ready
You are pushing it too far.
The manga has shown several female characters being superior to make characters. Big Mom being one is even a top on the same level as Kaido.

Zoro has expressed restraint in attacking people significantly weaker than him. He even decided not to cut half naked men who had no weapons.

Oda's portrayal to me has been fine. Nowhere will you find men and women being absolutely equal in everything
Big mom is definitely strong as hell but shes also a natural born monster. She was able to destroy a town in elbaf at 6. Her situation is pretty different
There are some "normal" women high and mid tiers tho at least

I dont think him not cutting the naked men had anything to do with their stregth cause hes definitely cut down weaker tbh.

Tbh men > women just doesn't make sense to me in a world with so many different types of abilities and powers people can get. In a world where humans can defeat giants and thats a way bigger gap usually.

I get that zoro just doesn't really like cutting women and would rather not but i don't think it has anything to do with their strength. Especially when it comes to fighting fodder.
Like i understand his thinking but i just don't understand how he came to the conclusion. You know what I mean

I had the same exact thoughts tbh
I was even expecting tashigi to show up but i guess shes not which is a missed opportunity imo. It is what it is tho

Hopefully with the samurai seeing people like linlin, smoothie, yamato, ect in battle theyd respect them more at least

Also hoping for hiyori to become the next shogun. Its between her and kinemon imo before momo is ready

Big mom is definitely strong as hell but shes also a natural born monster. She was able to destroy a town in elbaf at 6. Her situation is pretty different
There are some "normal" women high and mid tiers tho at least

I dont think him not cutting the naked men had anything to do with their stregth cause hes definitely cut down weaker tbh.

Tbh men > women just doesn't make sense to me in a world with so many different types of abilities and powers people can get. In a world where humans can defeat giants and thats a way bigger gap usually.

I get that zoro just doesn't really like cutting women and would rather not but i don't think it has anything to do with their strength. Especially when it comes to fighting fodder.
Like i understand his thinking but i just don't understand how he came to the conclusion. You know what I mean
It makes sense since Wano samurais raised him