Character Discussion Zoro’s sudden dislike of fighting women

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
That was due to lack of provisions. He has slayed plenty of fodder way below his lvl. It has nothing to do with strength when it comes to the Sumos.
Zoro is also the man who spared countless of lives.

I can remember of Kaku and Monet in particular. But also Killer himself.

He has never changed and it's not just about women.

I still believe the thing is somehow related to the fact he lost a dear person when he was a child and this felt a shock. Doubt it's for some moral code unless it's a swordsmanship one.

But I don't see many swordsmen around who would behave the same way, then again perhaps it was his master to teach him.

Big mom is definitely strong as hell but shes also a natural born monster. She was able to destroy a town in elbaf at 6. Her situation is pretty different
There are some "normal" women high and mid tiers tho at least

I dont think him not cutting the naked men had anything to do with their stregth cause hes definitely cut down weaker tbh.

Tbh men > women just doesn't make sense to me in a world with so many different types of abilities and powers people can get. In a world where humans can defeat giants and thats a way bigger gap usually.

I get that zoro just doesn't really like cutting women and would rather not but i don't think it has anything to do with their strength. Especially when it comes to fighting fodder.
Like i understand his thinking but i just don't understand how he came to the conclusion. You know what I mean
Now you are moving the goal post to"normal women" in a world where you have already admitted is filled with superhuman people

It had to do with capability of fighting.

"Men > women" isn't something ever expressed in the manga. There is always a context.

There are some things which just can't be changed. Zoro not liking to cut women wouldn't mean he claims superiority over them or thinks them inferior. He just has a preference for not cutting but when he has no other choice, he will. Refer to when Zoro was about to cut Nami back in Arlong Park Arc for "killing" Usopp
Post automatically merged:

That was due to lack of provisions. He has slayed plenty of fodder way below his lvl. It has nothing to do with strength when it comes to the Sumos.
It is down to fighting capability

Last edited:
He already showed this in Skypiea when Enel knocked out Robin.
Actually this makes no sense at all, for me at least, considering his story with Kuina. It's contradictory and is like he is looking down on Kuina too in some way.
Yeah, this is true.

Especially since my favourite thing about his backstory was him being angry at Kuina over what she considered a problem, aka not being able to be a proper swordswoman due to her gender.