Chapter Discussion Who are the remaining 4 shadows

Oden predicted NEW POWERFUL PIRATES (without stating the exact number) who will enter NW in 20 years to DEFEAT KAIDOU. Toki precited 9 SHADOWS who will BRING THE DAWN. Whether or not these 2 groups collide remains to be seen. I still think the 2 Kozuki Kids are among the 9 SHADOWS who will BRING THE DAWN, with the other 7 being 7 new powerful pirates who arrrived at Wano to help DEFEAT KAIDOU, and in doing so, bring the dawn to Wano. :beckmoji:

-Yamato
She needs to confront Kaido, so he can't go down without her reaching him first.
She's obviously coming to the roof to fight him.
Yamato's existence alone confirms that those 5 WG members ain't taking down Kaido alone.

-Sanji
Obviously, especially if BM supposed to fall this arc.

-Hawkins
Again, obvious as well.
Oda set up a plot point where Hawkins has a limit break card and can use on another person.
This is obviously a set up for Hawkins switching sides and using limit break on Luffy.

-Nami
The 4th person is too hard to predict but I think it's Nami.
If Big Mom really falls this arc, Nami needs to confront Zeus and get him back somehow otherwise what was the point of Nami/Zeus shit if she only used him 1 time in the series???

I wonder why tf didn't Oda hype them in the last chap if other people will join
Those 5 will be the most prevalent im guessing and or he wants to keep the mystery open for the rest. Im sure hype will get its due once the rest start to show up.

-Yamato
She needs to confront Kaido, so he can't go down without her reaching him first.
She's obviously coming to the roof to fight him.
Yamato's existence alone confirms that those 5 WG members ain't taking down Kaido alone.

-Sanji
Obviously, especially if BM supposed to fall this arc.

-Hawkins
Again, obvious as well.
Oda set up a plot point where Hawkins has a limit break card and can use on another person.
This is obviously a set up for Hawkins switching sides and using limit break on Luffy.

-Nami
The 4th person is too hard to predict but I think it's Nami.
If Big Mom really falls this arc, Nami needs to confront Zeus and get him back somehow otherwise what was the point of Nami/Zeus shit if she only used him 1 time in the series???
My only problem with Yamato is that she's from the new world and the prophecy specifies that those figures will come into the NW.

The rest is fine though honestly.

Though im doubtful BM will stay much if at all and will go somewhere else, since the prophecy singles out beating Kaido and no one else.

Dope avy btw.

Do all the 9 figures specifically have to beat Kaidou itself?
I think beating Kaidou n his Calamities count very well in this.

Since I don't see anyone beside Marco heading to Top just now. Maybe once they beat their respective enemies they will head to Top, but will the exhaustive character really be help against Kaidou? Not to mention, in the start i can see many tag teaming Kaidou, but in the end it's likely gonna be Luffy vs Kaidou.

If my hypothesis is right, then it will be Marco, Sanji, Drake n maybe Jinbei/Hawkins.
Seems like it, the prophecy singles out Kaido and since in the panning shot we see the 5 against Kaido and BM( half of which avoided calamities and other fighters to get to him) and that i believe BM will go somewhere else(possible marine intervention or something else) then to be honest its Kaido that prophecy specifies and everyone of them were dodging all fights to get to him.

Oden doesn't say anything about 9 people. Toki does and the 9 shadows can be 9 scabbards because her prophecy did not say anything about 9 shadows taking down Kaido.
The 9 scabbards got wrecked, it was a red herring.

Oden when mentioning the figures and saying that they will be the ones to beat him had this

I specifically put that image in my opening post because i expected an answer such as yours,actually i covered everything in it.

There are 7 cubes+ Momo and Hiyori( who can metaphorically represent 2 of the figures) so thats 9 in total, and then you have Toki talking about the same thing. That 9 shadows will bring about dawn.

The scabbards did no such thing.

And as we see 5 of the figures being confirmed to be the novas, it stands to reason to guess that maybe there remaining 4 will have to come up as well down the line, what do you think?

''You are like the moon who knows not of the dawn'' can be interpreted as her addressing Wano and its populace, and the wish will be when nine shadows ''woven together through 20 years of moonlit nights''(the prophecy)are cast(IE appearing), those shadows will show the moon(wano) the radiance of dawn(bringing about its liberation).

Its in perfect accordance with Oden's prophecy, and they are one and the same.

Last edited:
Hawkins-exceed limit ability

Drake/Sanji-whichever doesn't fight Queen is bound to assist them

Yamato-said she wanted to beat Kaido as bad as Luffy

Tama/Nami-Idrk how, but they're planning something, Tama is kinda hax and Nami proly wont give up on Zeus

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Those 5 will be the most prevalent im guessing and or he wants to keep the mystery open for the rest. Im sure hype will get its due once the rest start to show up.

My only problem with Yamato is that she's from the new world and the prophecy specifies that those figures will come into the NW.

Though im doubtful BM will stay much if at all and will go somewhere else, since the prophecy singles out beating Kaido and no one else.

Dope avy btw.

Seems like it, the prophecy singles out Kaido and since in the panning shot we see the 5 against Kaido and BM( half of which avoided calamities and other fighters to get to him) and that i believe BM will go somewhere else(possible marine intervention or something else) then to be honest its Kaido that prophecy specifies and everyone of them were dodging all fights to get to him.

Oden when mentioning the figures and saying that they will be the ones to beat him had this

I specifically put that image in my opening post because i expected an answer such as yours,actually i covered everything in it.

There are 7 cubes+ Momo and Hiyori( who can metaphorically represent 2 of the figures) so thats 9 in total, and then you have Toki talking about the same thing. That 9 shadows will bring about dawn.

And as we see 5 of the figures being confirmed to be the novas, it stands to reason to guess that maybe there remaining 4 will have to come up as well down the line, what do you think?

''You are like the moon who knows not of the dawn'' can be interpreted as her addressing Wano and its populace, and the wish will be when nine shadows ''woven together through 20 years of moonlit nights''(the prophecy)are cast(IE appearing), those shadows will show the moon(wano) the radiance of dawn(bringing about its liberation).

Bro those boxes are literally lined up like kidd killer luffy zoro vs kaido and meme

Actually, the way this prophecy is worded reminds me of the incantations Zoro recites before launching a particularly powerful attack.
And then "9 shadows are cast" ... :zorothink: You can't blame me for immediately thinking of "Kiki Kyūtōryū : Ashura" ! For me, this prophecy refers to this technique that Zoro will use to defeat Kaido and avenge Wano.

Especially since "Kiki Kyūtōryū : Ashura" is a technique related to the physical and/or emotional suffering of Zoro. He suffered from Kaku's successive attacks as well as Robin's potential betrayal when he finally accepted her as a member of the crew (before, of course, learning that she had sacrificed herself for the crew). So, maybe there will be something similar : he will suffer from Kaido's attacks and also from what Wano underwent because of Kaido.

And let's not forget that BigMom talked about sparing Robin to use her to find the OnePiece ... Robin might be the one who will once again trigger Zoro's "Kiki Kyūtōryū: Ashura"
:robinsweat:

Dope avy btw.

It could be interpreted as the 9 Shadows (Scabbards) re-appearing in 20 years time, signifies the start of the dawn, since their emergence coincides with Luffy and co appearing in Wano to take down Kaido.

It could be interpreted as the 9 Shadows (Scabbards) re-appearing in 20 years time, signifies the start of the dawn, since their emergence coincides with Luffy and co appearing in Wano to take down Kaido.
Or more likely the figures that will take down Kaido no? Because we already saw 5 of these figures appearing and they aren’t the scabbards. I’ll give u that thought, it could go either way as far as interpretations go.
Post automatically merged:

Bro those boxes are literally lined up like kidd killer luffy zoro vs kaido and meme
There is a third box on the left, idk about that lol. Seems like you’re reading too much into it.
Post automatically merged:

I think one of them has to be BB
Why?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Can’t say all four with confidence, but Yamato will unequivocally be one of them. Oden cosplay aside, she has multiple reasons to despise her father and is already openly rebelling against him...fighting side by side with Luffy to take him down should only further increase the chances that she’ll be joining his crew after the fact.

Can’t say all four with confidence, but Yamato will unequivocally be one of them. Oden cosplay aside, she has multiple reasons to despise her father and is already openly rebelling against him...fighting side by side with Luffy to take him down should only further increase the chances that she’ll be joining his crew after the fact.
You hear that @Seth Yamato joining the crew is almost set in stone :finally:

To be honest my only problem with that is that Yamato is from the NW and the prophecy specified that those figures would come from outside of it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You hear that @Seth Yamato joining the crew is almost set in stone :finally:

To be honest my only problem with that is that Yamato is from the NW and the prophecy specified that those figures would come from outside of it.
It did?? The panel you posted in your first message just says they’ll arise in the New World, that doesn’t automatically imply they’ll all come from other seas...

It did?? The panel you posted in your first message just says they’ll arise in the New World, that doesn’t automatically imply they’ll all come from other seas...

The oldest mention says arise yes, but the new one specifices that they will arrive in the NW.

I'm fairly sure then that it would exclude people who already live inside of it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

The oldest mention says arise yes, but the new one specifices that they will arrive in the NW.

I'm fairly sure then that it would exclude people who already live inside of it.
Neither of these are official translations, are they? I’m too lazy to seek out the panels with Toki right now and chapter 1000 hasn’t been released by Viz yet, but I think you might be putting too much stock into that interpretation...if it proves to be true, though, then I’m not sure what that would mean for Yamato. I do know she has ample motivation for squaring off against her dad, so as part of the prophecied or otherwise, she’ll be up there soon enough.