News ONE PIECE 7TH Characters Popularity Poll Announcement !!

That's been understood and moved past several steps ago.

Worldwide or Japan only, it would be nice to not be able to spam votes and see how that shapes up.

Now @Esc says that those votes actually don't register, which if true, it's cool and we're back to square one where we just follow the results.

And only started to discuss the legitimacy of the Poll when @kurwa brought up that you can spam votes by going incognito, and after i tested out for myself to see if that's actually true or not.
Spamming or not, Zoro is going to win since it's a global poll. Glad you've accepted it.

Spamming or not, Zoro is going to win since it's a global poll. Glad you've accepted it.
Well i wish i could know that's the case. That's why i want the spamming not to be a thing.

If Zoro wins, i want to know that he actually won in a system that's as fair as possible.

I don't know how a Zoro fan could be happier with a potentially bs system that takes away from his chance to actually take that No.1 spot fair and square.

And this is not about Zoro, it applies to anything. You should want a fair system that allows you to enjoy your favorite claiming whatever spot they manage to claim.

Like in football i would not be happy with my favorite team winning the title and then learning that there was some bs involved where they paid out the referees or other teams.

Well i wish i could know that's the case. That's why i want the spamming not to be a thing.

If Zoro wins, i want to know that he actually won in a system that's as fair as possible.

I don't know how a Zoro fan could be happier with a potentially bs system that takes away from his chance to actually take that No.1 spot fair and square.

And this is not about Zoro, it applies to anything. You should want a fair system that allows you to enjoy your favorite claiming whatever spot they manage to claim.

Like in football i would not be happy with my favorite team winning the title and then learning that there was some bs involved where they paid out the referees or other teams.
Because I know it's legit and the people in charge of the poll say they filter out spam votes. Zoro is the most globally popular One Piece character whether you accept it or not.

Because I know it's legit and the people in charge of the poll say they filter out spam votes. Zoro is the most globally popular One Piece character whether you accept it or not.
If it's legit then great, i want it to be legit regardless of who wins.

Why would i not accept Zoro being popular ? He sticks close to the basic formula of writting a popular character, and there's almost nothing controversial in his making to take away from that. He's as vanilla as it get's among One Piece characters when it comes to appealing to the Western audience especially :akaman:

If it's legit then great, i want it to be legit regardless of who wins.

Why would i not accept Zoro being popular ? He sticks close to the basic formula of writting a popular character, and there's almost nothing controversial in his making to take away from that. He's as vanilla as it get's among One Piece characters when it comes to appealing to the Western audience especially :akaman:
Aw the crying has started. Yes, he's better written than Sanji which explains why he's more popular.

Aw the crying has started. Yes, he's better written than Sanji which explains why he's more popular.

How is it crying to say that Zoro is less quirky than 99,9% of One Piece characters and lacks controversial traits, which makes him more likely to appeal to a Western Audience ?

Out of curiosity, do you apply this only to Zoro or all characters in the poll in terms of their rank determining how well written they are ?

If Sanji is the third in the poll, is your stance that he is the third most well written character in One Piece ?

How is it crying to say that Zoro is less quirky than 99,9% of One Piece characters and lacks controversial traits, which makes him more likely to appeal to a Western Audience ?
Bad sense of direction, being an alcoholic, always sleeping, etc are all quirks. He’s not just more appealing to Western Audiences, he’s more appealing to every single demographic than Sanji.

Chapter 1000 is a full Luffy wank chapter and it got released officially (04/01) as the same time as the poll started. Oda will cry himself to sleep if Luffy not #1 after that lol
It is okay. Jump got him cover with the ballots. Just like how they made 2m votes disappear last year for KnY compare to oricon's sales,so OP can keep it's top spot for one more year..:suresure:

Last edited:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
Just becouse zoro wank is so popular here doesnt mean hes more popular than luffy... I bet luffy would win either way... but I know how zorofans simply will go out of their way to vote, and most of luffy fans wont care... I wouldnt be surprised if sanji and zoro both beat luffy, since Sanjis and Zorofans are biggest force in trolling

Bad sense of direction, being an alcoholic, always sleeping, etc are all quirks. He’s not just more appealing to Western Audiences, he’s more appealing to every single demographic than Sanji.
Tame "quirks". He's never being played out as an alcoholic with that getting in the way, so it's more of a tough guy who can hold his liquor.

Sure, it's been Luffy > Zoro > Sanji popularity wise for the most part.

You did not answer the question

do you apply this only to Zoro or all characters in the poll in terms of their rank determining how well written they are ?
are you consistent with your opinion that a more popular character is better written than a less popular character across the board ?

Because i don't take issue with you saying that Zoro was the second most well written character until now in One Piece while Sanji was third most well written :kayneshrug:

I don't hate Zoro at all so praising both him and Sanji works out for me :cheers:

Shame. We could sure use more Zoro votes to combat Oda's secret ballots at the end for Luffy.
Don't worry Camie-chan, as soon as my device allows cookies then the amount of votes for Zoro will be huge.:myman:
He wouldn't vote for Zoro lol.
How do you so sure about that Raito-san?:choppawhat:Zoro is my favorite character in all of OP and I'm also the leader of the Zoro Fandom here.:endthis:Why would I not vote for him?
Really? Even on the computer?
Maybe the Macbook (the device that I'm currently on right now) doesn't allow it but my PC or my phone might.