Questions & Mysteries Will Shiryu Kill Mihawk

Will he?

• Total voters
zoro doesn't fight swordmen, he fights hard things to cut

pica rocks, mr1 metal, kaku tekkai, monet logia

burgess is also a champion at fighting like zoro
Kaku is a swordman, an unconventional one, but a swordman none the less....Mr1 was the only one who was technicaly an assassin, but was used to improve his swordsmanship, Pica and Monet where treated like nothing but fodder, as was every single enemy he fought since the TS soo far.

No, Shiryu doesn't have to be stronger than Zoro to get him a good fight.

Let's go back and look at Zoro versus Das Bones. Zoro was stronger. Not by very much but still stronger. Yet, Zoro had an incredible difficult time defeating him. That was because of his DF power. At that time Zoro couldn't cut steel. Zoro had to grow stronger and learn the ability to cut nothing, CoA, to beat Das Bones. I can see something very similar happening against Shiryu .

Shiryu DF allows him to turn his body invisible. That power along with swordsmanship equals a very deadly combination. I'm assuming Shiryu is high commander level by the time they fight, he's not already. We have seen how deadly cutting attacks can be. Kaido can be injured with cutting attacks and it doesn't take a lot of powerful cutting attacks to drop even a strong opponent. A few powerful surprise cutting attacks could be devastating to Zoro.

We still don't know the limitation to his devil fruit. He might be able to turn all of his attacks invisible, including range attacks, or even his entire environment invisible if he has awakening. Picture how hard it would be to fight somebody if you're trying to evade or move to attack and you're running into objects you didn't even know was there like a building. If Shiryu is at a high YC level with similar abilities Zoro would have an incredible difficult time defeating him.

How would Zoro defeat him? I believe CoO will be the key to defeating him. Or maybe even BOAT (Breath of All Things). It is a power that hasn't been talked about post TS but that doesn't mean it has just disappeared. I think that would be the perfect ability to counter Shiryu DF power. Instead of Zoro trying to sense Shiryu and attacking his location it would be better for him to hear the breath of his sword and react to that because ultimately Shiryu sword and his attacks will be his biggest concern.

It will be the perfect fight before Mihawk. Mihawk is called " Hawkeyes" which to me sounds like he has incredible eyesight and/or CoO. The databook stated of his original power was going to be clairvoyancy which is really just future sight. Even if that's gone I'm still expecting him to have incredible sight or CoO. I'm expecting Mihawk to be able to see or notice even the most a subtle movement and from that determine how his opponent will attack which will help him determine the best way to deal with the attack. Whether it's to block, evade, deflect, or even perform his own attack.

Zoro improving his CoO or BOAt would help him deal with Mihawk on incredible sight or CoO.

zoro doesn't fight swordmen, he fights hard things to cut

pica rocks, mr1 metal, kaku tekkai, monet logia

burgess is also a champion at fighting like zoro
Since Zoro is facing Kaido and will cut and possibly kill him, Zoro doesn't need to worry about fighting opponents that are difficult to cut. His cutting skills will be top tier after this.

Kaku and Ryuma are both swordsman.