Speculations Do you think Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma?

Do you think Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma?

• Yes

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • We will never know

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I would wait until we obtain more info on Asura. Eventually Asura could prove to constitute the stigmata of some sort of descendancy. But even if that will ever be disproven, there are still the Ryuma encounter matter and Zoro's tight relation with Wano.

Ehhh

I mean the resemblance and everything is right there. It would be a little disappointing if it didn't have weight... not that a bloodline is the only way it can have weight. It's actually a little cheap, the way it's cheap for Luffy to have Dragon and Garp so that he was born into it. The way Luffy relates to Roger is better because the inherited will is about who they are and not what they are.

I want Zoro to be of the Shimotsuki clan on the other hand, because he has earned the right to be recognized as their champion in several ways. Ushimaru being his father is the best bet for that unless Kozaburo did a little bangy. It would make sense for Gyukimaru not to recognize him initially... I mean it's not like Buggy knew about Roger and Ace when he met the son. I picture Ushimaru to have a different face.

But we'll definitely find something out when the fight ends

Last edited:
Well every Sanji and Luffy both have storied lineage so it's naturally for the sword boys to try and link Zoro with every famous family available. Such is life
Lol it's actually the opposite. I can imagine people not wanting it because the less relation means the more he's "self made." If Zoro's destiny is to be the son they never had, I'm sure no one will care as long as he still gets the screen time. It's just an expectation since Oda has been beating around the bush for like 997 chapters.

Since you mention Sanji though, yeah, that's already a good inversion from Luffy. Instead of a hidden lineage making him great, Sanji has this big name he doesn't live up to and has a chip on his shoulder about. Black Leg the black sheep, the failure who was cut off.