Questions & Mysteries Wait a minute... could Yasu be actually alive ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I wanna say yes only because Yasuie has been the underrated MVP of Wano (both past and present), and knowing Eiichiro “Don’t Kill Your Darlings” Oda, the chances are always higher that we’ll see someone bounce back from being tied to a crucifix and being shot half a dozen times than them actually succumbing to anything fatal. Otherwise, if he wants to further diminish the emotional motivation in this arc, yanking Yasu back from the brink would be a great way to make a stupid, unnecessary decision.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
*thinks about WB and Ace*​
Two characters out of 2000, Cal…and if he didn’t a) kill them off in general or b) keep them dead, Marineford would have retroactively been deemed the worst arc in the series. Can you think of any other examples where he showed a major character, whether in that specific arc or the series overall, sustain a mortal wound or several and then actually die in the present storyline??

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for you:

stop trying to make sense from this garbage manga
Oda can pull whatever from his ass just like he pulled the law switched bodies or even he might not bother to do any explanation at all like he did a lot (big mom and Luffy’s head, Kidd revenge etc)
i already know the manga has become garbage. still, he has a grave in wano, whither or not his corps is in there, i don't really care, i stopped doing that a long time ago. i'm only following this show for zoro and some lore.

Calypso

"It is warm within the mansions of Hel"
Two characters out of 2000, Cal…and if he didn’t a) kill them off in general or b) keep them dead, Marineford would have retroactively been deemed the worst arc in the series. Can you think of any other examples where he showed a major character, whether in that specific arc or the series overall, sustain a mortal wound or several and then actually die in the present storyline??
Sadly.. no.
He should kill off some more people.
The fact about the scabbards surviving that long is ridiculous. If Kinemon is still alive after the last chapter Yasue will be alive too.​

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Sadly.. no.
He should kill off some more people.
The fact about the scabbards surviving that long is ridiculous. If Kinemon is still alive after the last chapter Yasue will be alive too.​
Exactly, those guys should have reasonably kicked it way before Luffy and company made it to the roof. I agree, more deaths WOULD have a bigger impact on the series…the tough decision isn’t always easy, but to act as if there’s nothing to gain by removing a character from the equation of a story is pretty shoddy writing in my opinion. Authors who take risks and make those hard choices tend to see the quality of their work rise, but what do I know, I’ve only been writing for most of my long fuckin’ life :kayneshrug:

Exactly, those guys should have reasonably kicked it way before Luffy and company made it to the roof. I agree, more deaths WOULD have a bigger impact on the series…the tough decision isn’t always easy, but to act as if there’s nothing to gain by removing a character from the equation of a story is pretty shoddy writing in my opinion. Authors who take risks and make those hard choices tend to see the quality of their work rise, but what do I know, I’ve only been writing for most of my long fuckin’ life :kayneshrug:
If Oda likes Seven Samurai, he should kill like half of the Scabbards...

Problem is that, they won't have a huge impact to the succeeding stories if they're the only major deaths in this arc...

So I can see Kaido and BM dying as well and I think it would be good for the story progression as it will leave us with more questions...