Character Discussion Hancock shouldn't be the one to end up with Luffy, Nami should

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Luffy a condom he bleong with a dick
Post automatically merged:

"Romance isn't depicted" Unfortunately Oda fucking lied. Late pre and Post TS has been filled with romance/romanitc allusions. The whole Pudding/Sanji storyline, Boa's infatuation with Luffy, chopper and the deer nurse, etc. Oda realizes that his fanbase is getting older and a significant portion of the fanbase is interested in pairings. Also in a narrative sense it does make sense for pairings to be solidified at the end of one piece as a sign of the characters growing up and moving on with their lives.

As for Luffy/Nami or Luffy/Boa, im partial to the former but I hope that none happens and readers are left to speculate for themselves. It just doesn't fit with Luffy and Nami's character at the present unless it becomes relevant to the overall plot which I highly doubt at present.
None of this romance just horny people who can't get laid because Oda find it funny

Romance exist only in flashbacks of side-characters, like in DR we have Kyros×Scarlet and Senor Pink×Lousiane but those are only falshbacks and DR is the country of love or something like that

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Even though the majority of fans might think otherwise, i still think that Hancock is a forced, poor match for Luffy and that Nami is just perfect for him
No. The whole point of introducing Hancock to the story is to be a love interest for Luffy. Whether it's supposed to be a gag or not, she's still there. Luffy x Nami is cool too but they're more like siblings than lovers.
1- There's simply no chemistry between them

Stop lying brah.

Etc.
2- Her personality is not compatible with Luffy's

They understand each others like two peas in a pot.:goyea:
3- They don't have anything in common aside from maybe Conqueror's Haki
Both are pirates, both hates nobles, etc.

4- She's way too obsessed with him
Anything wrong with that? Juvia were obsessed over Grey yet guess what happens?

5- She's older than him by 14 years
Big Mom and Streusen would like to talk with you.

6- They never had any strong moments together
See above.

7- He never expressed any kind of special interest in her aside from being a friend on the level of Coby
D: Hey, Oda. In volume 53, chapter 518, Hancock's "Mero Mero Mellow" had no effect on Luffy at all, but in volume 23, chapter 213, it looked like he had a reaction to Nami's "Happiness Punch". Why did he respond to Nami's naked body but no to Hancock's? Is Nami's body just that amazing? -Kazu

O: Wow, I got a lot of questions about this. Is this what you guys are paying attention to? Don't just read manga all day, go study some more!! Okay? Well, I say that, but I do nothing but draw manga. I noticed this when we were drawing it, but if Luffy had a nosebleed when he saw Hancock's body, I think you would all be like "Ehh!?". That's not the Luffy we know. I believe that Luffy reacted to Nami's naked body twice, in volumes 18 and 23, and both times it happened, Usopp was with him! He's the suspicious one! In other words, when Luffy is alone, his reaction is what it was with Hancock. He's interested, but he's not entranced by her. But when he's with Usopp, who's the same age, it's like a kid on a school trip: his bad side comes out!! Yeah, both sides of Luffy feel right to me, so the culprit is definitely Usopp!!
Source: SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 54

Luffy is indeed interested in Hancock. Just not in a obvious way.
1- She has way better chemistry with Luffy than Hancock
That's because Nami appear before Hancock and Luffy and Nami have trust and bond together.
2- They have a much deeper connection

3- They have been through a lot together and know each others perfectly
I can deal with these two statements. Albeit, they don't really know each others perfectly since there are some moments that they disagree with each others.
4- Their personalities compliment and are pretty much perfect for one another

5- They care so much about each others and it's actually mutual in this case

6- They had great moments together - Luffy giving Nami his hat multiple times
It's called trust and loyalty. If Luffy passes his hat to Robin per say, is that love? Course not. Luffy is the captain while Nami is the navigator, obviously they would care and support each others.

Luffy and Hancock will meet again in the future and this time, Luffy will propose it for real.

No. The whole point of introducing Hancock to the story is to be a love interest for Luffy. Whether it's supposed to be a gag or not, she's still there. Luffy x Nami is cool too but they're more like siblings than lovers.

Stop lying brah.

Etc.

They understand each others like two peas in a pot.:goyea:

Both are pirates, both hates nobles, etc.

Anything wrong with that? Juvia were obsessed over Grey yet guess what happens?

Big Mom and Streusen would like to talk with you.

See above.

D: Hey, Oda. In volume 53, chapter 518, Hancock's "Mero Mero Mellow" had no effect on Luffy at all, but in volume 23, chapter 213, it looked like he had a reaction to Nami's "Happiness Punch". Why did he respond to Nami's naked body but no to Hancock's? Is Nami's body just that amazing? -Kazu

O: Wow, I got a lot of questions about this. Is this what you guys are paying attention to? Don't just read manga all day, go study some more!! Okay? Well, I say that, but I do nothing but draw manga. I noticed this when we were drawing it, but if Luffy had a nosebleed when he saw Hancock's body, I think you would all be like "Ehh!?". That's not the Luffy we know. I believe that Luffy reacted to Nami's naked body twice, in volumes 18 and 23, and both times it happened, Usopp was with him! He's the suspicious one! In other words, when Luffy is alone, his reaction is what it was with Hancock. He's interested, but he's not entranced by her. But when he's with Usopp, who's the same age, it's like a kid on a school trip: his bad side comes out!! Yeah, both sides of Luffy feel right to me, so the culprit is definitely Usopp!!
Source: SBS One Piece Manga — Vol. 54

Luffy is indeed interested in Hancock. Just not in a obvious way.

That's because Nami appear before Hancock and Luffy and Nami have trust and bond together.

I can deal with these two statements. Albeit, they don't really know each others perfectly since there are some moments that they disagree with each others.

It's called trust and loyalty. If Luffy passes his hat to Robin per say, is that love? Course not. Luffy is the captain while Nami is the navigator, obviously they would care and support each others.

Luffy and Hancock will meet again in the future and this time, Luffy will propose it for real.
I would pay to know what Oda meant by interested, but he looks too poorly interested to be sexually attracted imo.

The way i personally see it is very simple, Oda was heavely inspired by DB and a lot of the characters have obvious inspiration from DB:
  • Luffy=Goku: This one is kinda obvious
  • Nami= Bulma: Both cowardly navigators who are also sluttish. Nami even had blue hair in RD. Bulma and Goku had a brother/sister like relationship.
  • Hancock=Chichi: Black hair, chinese theme, both are in love with the mc who is completely oblivious to it.
So based on this, if Luffy ever ends up with a woman, I think it will be Hancock because she will force herself on to him.