Questions & Mysteries Where is Zoro's birth Sword?

So I was re-reading a few previous chapters of the Wano arc, when I came across an interesting statement made by Kawamatsu.

He stated that when a child of Ringo is born, they are gifted a Katana, which stays with them through life, and becomes a Grave Marker for them, when they die.

Now the fall of Ringo happened 18 years prior to the current storyline, which would have made Zoro 3 years old at the time. The popular theory is that he was born in Wano/Ringo as a Shimotuski, and by some means eventually made it to East Blue. But if that is the case, then where is his birth Sword?

There is two likely scenarios here.

1) Zoro was not born in Wano as a Shimotsuki, as he would have been accustomed to this tradition just as every other child who was born into the Shimotsuki Family. Even Kuina, was given a Meito, which most likely was given to her at birth. So this tradition even applies to the Shimotsuki's who left Wano ages ago. So even if Zoro wasn't born on Wano, and was only conceived there before his mother made it to East Blue, he still should have been gifted a Katana upon his birth, even in East Blue.

2) His birth Sword is still on Wano, and this could make for a pretty interesting plot twist. If Zoro really was born on Wano, and the Shimotsuki Clan was wiped out, but before that could happen, Ushimaru sent his mother away, he would still need to answer for the fact that his wife and child are missing. What better way to do that, then to fake this deaths, and create mock graves. In Zoro's mock grave, there should be a Katana there. The one that would have been gifted to him upon his birth. Zoro did make the cooment that he wanted to visit the Grave of Ryuma, so at some point he will be going to Ringo's Graveyard. If that's the case, will he find his own Grave there? If that's true, then will we finally solve the mystery of the famous "Death" foreshadowing cover page for Zoro? It's not that he actually die, but instead, he already has "Died".

This also strikes another interesting question. Is Kuina really dead? The Shimotsuki's clearly follow the tradition of their family, even though they left Wano and travelled to East Blue, but Koshirou didn't place the Wado Ichimonji on her grave, as is the custom to a Shimotsuki who has died. He gave it to Zoro. If she really is dead, then will Zoro return to her grave, and place the Sword into it, once he becomes the World's Strongest Swordsman? Thus fulfilling both of their desires to become the WSS? He travelled the World with her Sword, made it one of the strongest, and then returns to place it upon her grave. That would be extremely poetic if that was the case.

So what do you guys think. Is there a grave and a Sword waiting for Zoro once he makes it to Ringo's grave? Or is he not a Shimotsuki? Or is he a Shimotsuki, but for some strange reason, was never given a birth Sword?

Wado was probably made before Kuina was born, she just inherited it as a family heirloom from her father.
I believe the same might very much happen with Zoro and Nidai. The sword making tradition probably ended under Kaido's rule as most good swordsmiths would have died or been imprisoned.
If she really is dead, then will Zoro return to her grave, and place the Sword into it, once he becomes the World's Strongest Swordsman? Thus fulfilling both of their desires to become the WSS? He travelled the World with her Sword, made it one of the strongest, and then returns to place it upon her grave. That would be extremely poetic if that was the case.
This is probably happening as it would be a pretty big moment for Zoro.

Zoro was born in the east blue. However, I do believe that Zoro will gain his own sword in the future that was supposed to be his birthright.

The creator of Enma and Wado is still alive hanging out in the East blue. Somehow I’m sure he’ll create a third sword for Zoro just as great as the other two if not better.

penis?

lmao sorry, but he's not born in Wano i think, so it doesnt follow the traditional way.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro was born in the east blue. However, I do believe that Zoro will gain his own sword in the future that was supposed to be his birthright.

The creator of Enma and Wado is still alive hanging out in the East blue. Somehow I’m sure he’ll create a third sword for Zoro just as great as the other two if not better.
so it would destroys the current number of meito?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
He wasn't technically born with a sword 🤔 but I see the point of course. I imagine perhaps it was left in Wano so that Zoro had no clue about his origins assuming it's very characteristic? 🤔

I feel like some people just skimmed through my initial post.

Even if Zoro was born in East Blue, that shouldn't disqualify him from Wano's traditions if he is a Shimotsuki. Even as a child, Kuina got her birth Sword in Wado Ichimonji. So as a Shimotsuki, even if he was born is East Blue, he should have been given his own sword as the tradition dictates.

I feel like some people just skimmed through my initial post.

Even if Zoro was born in East Blue, that shouldn't disqualify him from Wano's traditions if he is a Shimotsuki. Even as a child, Kuina got her birth Sword in Wado Ichimonji. So as a Shimotsuki, even if he was born is East Blue, he should have been given his own sword as the tradition dictates.
i think we can talk about that matter again if he's indeed confirmed as a Shimotsuki.

he could be Luffy x Joyboy shit without any Monkey D. family relation, but lets see.

Another thing I find extremely interesting that Kawamatsu said was that some of the Swords in the Ringo Graveyard of naturally of Legendary Make.

So we know for a fact that there is at least one or two Legendary Swords in the Ringo Graveyard (If they haven't already been looted). Could it be possible that this is where Zoro gets his first Supreme Grade Sword?

It says people of ringo not people of the east blue
For the third time now, does them migrating to East Blue somehow negate the fact that they are Shimotsukis, and that they wouldn't follow their century old traditions?

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Another thing I find extremely interesting that Kawamatsu said was that some of the Swords in the Ringo Graveyard of naturally of Legendary Make.

So we know for a fact that there is at least one or two Legendary Swords in the Ringo Graveyard (If they haven't already been looted). Could it be possible that this is where Zoro gets his first Supreme Grade Sword?

For the third time now, does them migrating to East Blue somehow negate the fact that they are Shimotsukis, and that they wouldn't follow their century old traditions?
Why are you assuming zoro was with them when they migrated?

Why are you assuming zoro was with them when they migrated?
He couldn't have been with them when they migrated, because that was 50+ years ago. But if he is a Shimotsuki, then he would be subjected to their traditions, no matter if he was born in East Blue or not.

Although it would be kind of messed up to give your child a cursed sword, it is possible. We already saw fate at work with Zoro getting Enma on top of already having Wado Ichimonji, so Zoro getting Sandai, prior to receiving his birth sword *Nidai* wouldn't be out of the realm of something Oda would do.

Last edited: