Theory Katakuri and Kizaru were rivals?

Just for clarification, this is not a power scaling post so don't come at me with: But Kizaru is ADMIRAL level and Katakuri is only YONKO COMMANDER level so there is no way they could be rivals. NO NO NO NO. non of that. Ok? this is just an idea that I had and it sounded interesting so I thought i share it with you.

As we saw with whitebeard if the plot demands it there is the possibility for more extended flashbacks. for example, in the Marineford arc, we got 2 flashbacks for whitebeard: his conversation with Roger and his desire to have a family.

But later on in the story in Wano arc we got another look at whitebeard but this time within someone else's flashback(Oden). so I just thought if big mom's storyline is going to continue in alpha we might get another flashback that involves my man Katakuri.

So as for what flash back would be about? it could be the rise of big mom pirates to the status of an emperor of the sea, or it could be in Kaido's flashback.

My point is that, I think that we are not done with Katakuri and we are going to see more of his back story from other characters' flashbacks.

But why am I saying that Karakuri is a rival to Kizaru? well, there are a bunch of reasons but this is only an idea and not a theory.

1. Katakuri's siblings pray to Karakuri like some kind of deity. I think there is the possibility of oda showing us more as to why they held such respect for Karakuri within some flashback for better understanding.
  2. So as for why Kizaru? well, it's because he is the light itself and I think it would be fitting for Karakuri to have trained his observation Haki by fighting a vice-admiral who was as fast as light itself.
The way I could see this part of the flashback playing out is like this:

this is the story of the rise of big mom pirates after the god valley incident, so I would imagine around the same time that whitebeard came to Wano, this is 30 years ago and at that point, Katakuri should be 18 years old.

I would imagine that Garp or Sengoku would attack the rising crew of big mom pirates on regular basis(big mom was very familiar with Garp but that could be just from god valley). and in one of those attacks that were led by Garp, they would bring the rising vice-admiral of the navy HQ: Borsalino

Big mom would engage Garp but Kizaru would take on big mom's crew. when cracker(15 years old) oven and daifuku(both 18) try to stop Kizaru they would all get defeated, and then when Kizaru goes to kill the younger children(well not really because it's one piece) like Smoothie and Cinnamon(5 years old) Montd'Or(8 years old) Brulee and Broye(13 years old), at this point Katakuri comes and saves the day. he comes and challenges the 28 year old vice-admiral Borsalino and fights him head on. This could explain the reason as for how Katakuri's future sight got so powerful and also it could explain the reason that his siblings really started to look at him as a god figure. because he was the one who would fight on their behalf against pirates and marines alike(at least until they could protect themselves)

As for Kizaru(or we should say Borsalino at this point in the story) over time, there would come a rivalry between the man who could move at the speed of light and the man who could see the future and even fight the speed of light.

This could also explain why Katakuri's siblings made such a big deal out of his undefeated record. because it wouldn't make sense for a yonko crew to look at someone so highly and make such a big deal out of him not being defeated, if Katakuri didn't fight some of the really strong characters like Kizaru in the rise of big mom pirates

Well this was just an idea and I really don't think oda would even give us such a flashback but at least it was fun talking about Katakuri and his potential back story. have a nice day and take care✌✌✌

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
katakuri never fought anyone strong until Luffy came, at least that's what was implied
That’s not what was implied lol.

What was said is that no one had ever dodged Katakuri as much as Luffy. What this means is that Katakuri was probably demolishing King level opponents left and right, and they couldn’t dodge Katakuri to save their useless lives.

Luffy defeated Cracker, but still the Big Mom Pirates did not actually believe that Luffy could defeat Katakuri. Pretty much direct confirmation that Katakuri has defeated foes much stronger than Cracker.

That’s not what was implied lol.

What was said is that no one had ever dodged Katakuri as much as Luffy. What this means is that Katakuri was probably demolishing King level opponents left and right, and they couldn’t dodge Katakuri to save their useless lives.

Luffy defeated Cracker, but still the Big Mom Pirates did not actually believe that Luffy could defeat Katakuri. Pretty much direct confirmation that Katakuri has defeated foes much stronger than Cracker.
What king level opponents has he beaten?

Did you watch this video before you create the post

KOL is not good powerscale.

But kizaru is league ahead above Katakuri on everything. Same dude think he will fight two yonko. Katakuri obey his mom and would not fight against his mom.

Did you watch this video before you create the post

KOL is not good powerscale.

But kizaru is league ahead above Katakuri on everything. Same dude think he will fight two yonko. Katakuri obey his mom and would not fight against his mom.
Sorry i don't watch youtube. i'm not that active in community either. i was reading one piece alone since Long ring Long Land arc and this was my first or second post

So far we've seen all the seconds fight kizaru. Marco beckman and Kizaru even tried to kill Zoro so It's safe to assume Katakuri has faced off as well. His abilities are perfectly suited for kizaru also.