Spoiler Tower of God Chapter 104

Scanlations from Alpha Scans are out. You can check them here.

Alternatively, you can also check Scanlations from Shiin here.

Post automatically merged:

Another power-up from Baam on the horizon judging by the end of this chapter? If that ends up being the case, then geez... SIU is going far, far beyond what I was expecting. Also, the guard who just went with Orari inside the Suspendium is starting to look more and more suspicious by the minute. Is he really not capable of flying (and thus, he's most likely not a Ranker) or is he just faking it to help Baam and co go inside? I don't think there's a low chance he could be one of Maschenny' spies (not necessarily the Third Minion, although he could be).

Liking Lyborick more than I thought I would. Him also just imitating the Lightning Spear Techniques opens the door to the possibility of his real style being something completely different and that he's just going easy right now. I expect to finally see some Po Bidau gimmicks in this fight. Who knows, if we're lucky, he might be able to merge Po Bidau + Khun techniques in one. He definitely has the potential to be really overpowered.

Things also aren't looking extremely good for Kallachad, considering he's missing an arm and is considerably tired from his previous fight against White (if it wasn't clear enough, we had a piece of dialogue from Lyborick that confirms he should be). His supposed full power also didn't impress Lyborick at all, with the man even saying something like "Didn't I tell you to not underestimate me?". Either Lybo doesn't find Kalla's full power impressive, either Kalla's still holding back or he's going all-out but he's weakened. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this fight. Considering the title of this sub-arc (Warp Gate) it should be mainly focused on Kalla or Evankhell POV, which is a massive W for me anyway :steef:

Last edited:
The chapter this week is very interesting....

Not too excited about Baam getting a new ability so soon but thats the way ToG works I guess

Now to get to the MEAT of the chapter

:myman:

Kallachad vs Lyborick was actually really well drawn.... I thought it would be shit because of the new yellow and blue aura thing Kallavan has going on but the panels weren’t too busy

The whole lightning spear ordeal is starting to make me think that the Khun Family spear styles are actually genetic and can’t be entirely replicated if you don’t meet the requirements. Lyborick is a corps commander tier high ranker but he can’t make a spear entirely made of lightning yet Ran was capable of doing so as an E(?) rank regular. I don’t think talent can be used as an excuse when he’s as strong as he is

This leads me to believe that he’s incapable of using it because he’s only half Khun and has the quality but not the necessary shape to utilize it.

If I’m right then he probably has more than 1 quality (lightning + ? from Po Bidau) that he can use in conjunction with his original spear style

It also feels like he has some sort of inferiority complex but I mightttt be reaching. When he was called out by Kallavan it sounded like he was almost afraid of Kallavan claiming his spear style is inferior to the real thing. I think this will lead to us getting a flashback of Lyborick being bullied by members of the Khun Family due to his mixed blood

Side Note: Khun Royale Elliot (the Khun Floor Ruler we saw during the last station arc) might be the same way but his talent with the ice quality was good enough for him to be given a floor to rule over anyway. Based on what we saw of his fight with Evankhell he’s probably a wave controller

We got a really good chapter this week

:finally:

You're not reaching at all. In fact, this was already outright stated by Aria in the Webtoon itself.

Yeah he definitely has a history with the Khun Family then

Unlike White who constantly felt inferior to his father who's a literal god in the world of ToG Lyborick is the exact opposite. He's trying to prove something to those that are probably much weaker than him

I mean Kallavan said it himself. His spear style is superior to the average Khun Family lightning spear style user yet he still worries about it

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Liking Lyborick more than I thought I would.
Same. I admire his pragmatism, and someone rising to his position of power through sheer hard work is interesting.

Him also just imitating the Lightning Spear Techniques opens the door to the possibility of his real style being something completely different and that he's just going easy right now.
No, I think it's the opposite. I think he imitates the Lightning Spear technique out of his inferiority, not because he's looking down on Kallavan. That doesn't fit his personality at all.

Lyborick is the exact opposite. He's trying to prove something to those that are probably much weaker than him

I mean Kallavan said it himself. His spear style is superior to the average Khun Family lightning spear style user yet he still worries about it
Not really. To start with, per SIU all imitations of the Lightning Spear technique are inherently limited compared to the techniques of natural-born Lightning Spear Bearers:
Season 2 Episode 199 Blog Post
To add to my last week’s exposition,
Maschenny-style electric spears can only be used by Maschenny’s children.
[TN: https://href.li/?https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Khun_Maschenny']Khun Maschenny[/URL], the mother of both Ran and Maschenny Jahad]

There are spells that copy it similarly,
but unlike Ran’s, they don’t have the same effect like the https://href.li/?https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Redan']Lightning Pill[/URL]

Since they’re forcibly mimicked, they got a limit unlike that of Ran’s.
https://towerofgod-blogposts.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F619361945495142400

I'm suspecting that he suffered a crushing defeat against a natural-born Lightning Spear Bearer, and that's what led him to imitate the technique.

Last edited:
It's been 84 years since the fight between the division commander whose name I forgot and the hybrider. SIU for God's sake, just show us a panel.

I wonder if the voice Baam is hearing has something to do with the hybrider, tho the hybrider was something Zahard brought so it shouldn't have anything to do with the lpb...

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The whole lightning spear ordeal is starting to make me think that the Khun Family spear styles are actually genetic and can’t be entirely replicated if you don’t meet the requirements.
SIU has said as such about the Maschenny Style Lightning Spear:
To add to my last week’s exposition,
Maschenny-style electric spears can only be used by Maschenny’s children.
[TN: [URL='https://href.li/?https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Khun_Maschenny']Khun Maschenny[/URL], the mother of both Ran and Maschenny Jahad]

There are spells that copy it similarly,
but unlike Ran’s, they don’t have the same effect like the [URL='https://href.li/?https://towerofgod.fandom.com/wiki/Redan']Lightning Pill[/URL]

Since they’re forcibly mimicked, they got a limit unlike that of Ran’s.

Lyborick is a corps commander tier high ranker but he can’t make a spear entirely made of lightning yet Ran was capable of doing so as an E(?) rank regular.
Panel of Ran doing that? I mean a proper Lightning Spear, not electric shinsu approximated into the shape of a spear.

For example, this is NOT a proper Lightning spear:

The below are:

Khun Eduan (Data)
"Giant's Lightning Spear":

"Electric Spear":

"Montana Azul":

Maschenny Zahard (High Ranker)
"Tres Cuernos":

I don’t think talent can be used as an excuse when he’s as strong as he is

This leads me to believe that he’s incapable of using it because he’s only half Khun and has the quality but not the necessary shape to utilize it.
Data Maschenny had the electric spear shinsu attribute, but could never manifest a proper Lightning Spear.

AA had the ice spear shinsu attribute, but he was reduced to only imbuing a physical spear with ice (exactly what Lyborick does).

So even if you have the elemental spear attribute, nothing guarantees that you can manifest a proper elemental spear if your talent is not great enough.

All of the above said, Kallavan said that he's not a natural-born Lightning Spear bearer. So either he lacks the spear attribute, or he had a really shitty roll for the genetic lottery.

I think this will lead to us getting a flashback of Lyborick being bullied by members of the Khun Family due to his mixed blood
We'll get a flashback of Lyborick being crushed in combat by a natural-born Lightning Spear Bearer. It's why he feels so inferior to them and struggles to imitate their technique.

Side Note: Khun Royale Elliot (the Khun Floor Ruler we saw during the last station arc) might be the same way but his talent with the ice quality was good enough for him to be given a floor to rule over anyway. Based on what we saw of his fight with Evankhell he’s probably a wave controller

We got a really good chapter this week
Or Elliot was just taking things very easy on Evankhell by using ice without forming a spear. Eduan initially fought against Zahard as a Fisherman/Wave Controller before he summoned his Lightning Spear.

I don't think Lyborick was bullied due to being unable to form a spear (AA completely abandoned Spearmanship and doesn't appear to have been bullied by it).

IMO, Lyborick was absolutely crushed in combat by a natural-born Lightning Spear Bearer and that's where his inferiority towards them comes from.

Last edited:
SIU has said as such about the Maschenny Style Lightning Spear:

Panel of Ran doing that? I mean a proper Lightning Spear, not electric shinsu approximated into the shape of a spear.

For example, this is NOT a proper Lightning spear:

The below are:

Khun Eduan (Data)
"Giant's Lightning Spear":

"Electric Spear":

"Montana Azul":

Maschenny Zahard (High Ranker)
"Tres Cuernos":

Data Maschenny had the electric spear shinsu attribute, but could never manifest a proper Lightning Spear.

AA had the ice spear shinsu attribute, but he was reduced to only imbuing a physical spear with ice (exactly what Lyborick does).

So even if you have the elemental spear attribute, nothing guarantees that you can manifest a proper elemental spear if your talent is not great enough.

All of the above said, Kallavan said that he's not a natural-born Lightning Spear bearer. So either he lacks the spear attribute, or he had a really shitty roll for the genetic lottery.

We'll get a flashback of Lyborick being crushed in combat by a natural-born Lightning Spear Bearer. It's why he feels so inferior to them and struggles to imitate their technique.

Or Elliot was just taking things very easy on Evankhell by using ice without forming a spear. Eduan initially fought against Zahard as a Fisherman/Wave Controller before he summoned his Lightning Spear.

I don't think Lyborick was bullied due to being unable to form a spear (AA completely abandoned Spearmanship and doesn't appear to have been bullied by it).

IMO, Lyborick was absolutely crushed in combat by a natural-born Lightning Spear Bearer and that's where his inferiority towards them comes from.
I can see the difference visually but is there a literal difference between forming a spear-like shape with your shinsu quality and forming a literal spear with it? Do they not achieve the same goal?

I don’t think Elliot would hold back against a fellow Floor Ruler with a quality that counters(?) his own. Then again Eduan did the same thing against the future King of the Tower so who knows

If your theory is correct I wonder who he lost to... they’d have to be a monster in the present. Maybe one of Eduans floor rulers

I actually prefer your theory over mine. It opens up a ton of possibilities

:zorothink:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I can see the difference visually but is there a literal difference between forming a spear-like shape with your shinsu quality and forming a literal spear with it? Do they not achieve the same goal?
A literal spear with your shinsu quality has a lot more tension (think of it as the density of the shinsu is way higher), so the power contained in it is far greater than if you just approximated the spear shape.

This is not something limited to spears and can be accomplished with any shape (Eduan demonstrated this using a basic spherical bang).

Tension is easiest to utilise with the shape that best suits your attribute.

I don’t think Elliot would hold back against a fellow Floor Ruler with a quality that counters(?) his own. Then again Eduan did the same thing against the future King of the Tower so who knows
Eduan and Zahard were simply not pushed to their limits.

Likewise the same for Evankhell and Elliot. Evankhell did not push Elliot to utilising any named techniques, let alone something as high level as manifesting an electric spear.

If your theory is correct I wonder who he lost to... they’d have to be a monster in the present. Maybe one of Eduans floor rulers

I actually prefer your theory over mine. It opens up a ton of possibilities

:zorothink:
I prefer my theory as well.

:feelsokeman:

I think we'll see who he lost to in a flashback, so there's no point speculating IMO.

No, I think it's the opposite. I think he imitates the Lightning Spear technique out of his inferiority, not because he's looking down on Kallavan. That doesn't fit his personality at all.
Not in the mood for a full reply. Just wanted to say that I no longer think this after thinking about everything we know of Lybo's character. What I wrote in that post were the first impressions I had two seconds after reading the chapter. So yeah, not much thought was put behind those.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Not in the mood for a full reply. Just wanted to say that I no longer think this after thinking about everything we know of Lybo's character. What I wrote in that post were the first impressions I had two seconds after reading the chapter. So yeah, not much thought was put behind those.
What do you think right now?

What do you think right now?
Well, I already wrote my headcanons about him in MHs and Fanverse. I do think he's capable of using Po Bidau abilities, but the reason he's not using them is not because he's trolling and/or going easy on Kallavan. I suspect the reason lies (yet again, following my headcanons) in his rejection of the Po Bidau Family. I believe he initially was in the Po Bidau Family but was kicked out due to not having the qualifications to join the Research Association. This could have prompted him to reject everything about that Family, including the gimmicks he got from it.