Questions & Mysteries Is Drake Dead?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It's weird that Sword that's supposed to rival CP0 Only has one Vice Admiral level guy and the second strongest is a Rear Admiral sho should max at Headliner+ Level then
I dont think we've seen the full squad behind SWORD yet. Same for CP0 as well.
Those two organizations must have pretty strong higherups and they're bound to clash again & again - it started already in Wano with Drake vs Go.
Imo, Koby & Helmeppo are probably fighting Lucci & Kaku in the final war.

Drake’s not dead.

Like it’s been said, Oda doesn’t kill people often at all and now that he’s been mentioned again, I think his chances of being alive have increased!

In all honesty, I’ve been thinking about what could possibly be going on with Drake since we last saw him and there could be some interesting possibilities:

1. He could be with Law—or have been with Law. He did bust Law out of prison and they have some history whether they know about each other or not. (I just want to see if the Law-Drake history thing goes anywhere. I think it’s be interesting should Law actually be able to save another marine spy on the verge of death after being unable to do so for Rocinante.) … Unless Law has him captive / is the one wanting to extract information now?

2. He could be held up by Marines on his way to meet up with the other members of SWORD?

Though a Marine, he’s still a pirate to the general public. It could be enough to keep him from answering his Den Den depending on how severe the situation is—it could even have been confiscated.

(Crazily enough, could it be Smoker who has not been seen as of yet?)

3. He could be helping Otama rebuild her village which would be a nice wrap up considering the type of guy he is, but to not answer his Den Den even? The situation shouldn’t be that bad.

As for the other part of the question, I’d be so hyped if he was able to come in at some point to help out of this indeed does turn into a Koby Rescue Arc because the other of him having new interactions with Marines like Tashigi and Smoker (perhaps?) and Helmeppo (who is SWORD plus the other members) is very interesting!!

I doubt that Drake is dead. Considering his ties to SWORD and his flashback with Koby specifically, I feel that there is still a chance for him to appear in the future. Hopefully, he should be able to take a more active role than he had in Wano.
The 1% man having been confirmed to be Hawkins (when it seemed to point to Drake) also adds to this.
It could be enough to keep him from answering his Den Den depending on how severe the situation is—it could even have been confiscated.

(Crazily enough, could it be Smoker who has not been seen as of yet?)

3. He could be helping Otama rebuild her village which would be a nice wrap up considering the type of guy he is, but to not answer his Den Den even? The situation shouldn’t be that bad.
It's also possible that it was destroyed in Onigashima. That place seems like it was pretty much gutted by fire/fights/Kaido. If so, RIP, Den Den Mushi :catsweat:

It's also possible that it was destroyed in Onigashima. That place seems like it was pretty much gutted by fire/fights/Kaido. If so, RIP, Den Den Mushi :catsweat:
I didn’t think about that at all, and honestly, that’s very possible! You’re right. Poor little guy could be deceased. Drake did take some crazy hits which could’ve gotten his Den Den in the process. Damn. :catsweat:

Nah, X-Drake's still alive, just incapable of contacting them at the moment, a lot happened at Onigashima, not surprising he doesn't have the means to contact his secret group St the moment. He's still part of a pretty decently significant faction in the form of Sword and he'll show up again most likely if the other members are so worried about what's going on.
Post automatically merged:

Plus wasn't X Drake shigan'd like crazy the first loss to Bowler Hat yet he came back for more and took another one to the throat before getting up post-raid so he's probably good. Hawkins had a whole dramatic reveal that he was actually the one dying so if X Drake also just up and died, that'd be weird.

Last edited:
Nah, X-Drake's still alive, just incapable of contacting them at the moment, a lot happened at Onigashima, not surprising he doesn't have the means to contact his secret group St the moment. He's still part of a pretty decently significant faction in the form of Sword and he'll show up again most likely if the other members are so worried about what's going on.

Plus wasn't X Drake shigan'd like crazy the first loss to Bowler Hat yet he came back for more and took another one to the throat before getting up post-raid so he's probably good. Hawkins had a whole dramatic reveal that he was actually the one dying so if X Drake also just up and died, that'd be weird.
Nah it just he got offscreen no shigan needed in his first loss lol

Nah it just he got offscreen no shigan needed in his first loss lol
*he just

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
I'd guess he's with Law. Law desperately needs some muscle and brains in his crew, and X-Drake and Hawkins fit the bill nicely. Law, X-Drake, and Hawkins have constantly been running into each other in Wano.

Drake seemed really heated about CP0's involvement in Wano. If Sword is actually part of the Marines, and not a splinter faction, I could see Drake quitting over what happened in Wano. Knowing the World Government is doing weapon exchanges with a Yonkou using slave labor is... uh... not good.

Maybe Drake is working directly under Aokiji? It's hilarious that, even after Wano, we have no idea what Drake's real goals are.