Novel PROJECT "INSPIRATION" - WIP - One Piece - Fan spin off.

Hi!

As some of you might know, I'm passionate about storytelling and I aim to write stories that make people feel strong emotions. But I'm also struck by a severe mental health condition that saps my motivation for work. However, it seems that writing on this forum is not a problem for me, probably because I'm talking about things I'm deeply passionate about, so I want to use that to jumpstart my situation, break free from the darkness, establish my credibility as a storyteller here and be able to fullfill my dream later on.

That's why I've decided to do my best to create a fiction project using One Piece as a guide.

This would take the form of a full Saga, that I would publish in the form of chapters. And because I also want to be able to draw compelling stories, I'll use this as an exercice to developp my drawing skills. So.. I wondered, why not start a visual novel, a blend of Manga and comics.

- Note 1. Due to my condition I cannot provide any dead lines for now.
- Note 2. I will treat this as a training exercise for my skills. I'm not a professional in narration or drawing, so be aware of that.
- Note 3. You can visually compare the work I will be doing here to the work of ONE for One Punch man webcomic. The primary goal will not be to create something visually good, at least not at first. Above all, this will be a training exercise to improve my storytelling and narration.
- Note 4. Remember, I have motivation problems, this is something I struggle with everyday. So even if I'm motivated to complete the project, don't expect a strict schedule, in fact, I don't even know how long it will take to create and publish a chapter, it could be 3 weeks or 3 month.. Please, be aware of this as well.

- Note 5. I will try not to include spoilers in the updates, so they might be a little bit cryptic
- Note 6. I'm not a native English speaker and I have very poor grammar and vocabulary, even in French, so I will use OpenAI to correct my mistakes and improve my language a little bit. (Only to correct and enhance, NEVER to create). I think it's important for you to know that this is one of the tool I use. (this text has been corrected by ChatGPT for example)

-------------
UPDATE ON THE EVOLUTION OF THE PROJECT:
-------------

PHASE 1 - BRAINSTORMING: Thematic/Protagonist/Driving forces/Choice/Ending

- Oct 24, 2023: The first idea for the project. It comes from a desire to legitimate my knowledge on this forum and to jumpstart my motivation. To avoid conflict with the main story, I'll place the plotline into the past of One Piece. I don't know how far tho.

- Oct 24 to Nov 5, 2023: Creation of the necessary storytelling tools that I will use to create the story. Assembling of my knowledge on the subject.

- Nov 5 to Nov 6, 2023: Brainstorming. Goal: Creation of a thematic.

- Nov 7, 2023: I have a start of a thematic and a potential title for the story: "One Piece - Inspiration" - The story might take place far before the golden age of pirates, somewhere between 50 and 300 years prior to the main storyline of One Piece..

- Nov 10, 2023: Main thematics: Check - I found my protagonist, Tease : they are quite unusual. Beginning of the process of characterization.

- Nov 10, 2023: Here is an overview of my method for the OUTLINING process of the story. The Red circles are the number of big step that will be needed to outline correctly the project to continue to the next step. In Orange those are the big parameters I need to answer in my story and in Yellow those are the current answer to those parameters. For example if a parameter in orange is "qualities of the protagonist" the Yellow ones will be Sympathic, direct, friendly etc. You can see on the left if you open the image that Yellow is starting to appear.

The final color at the end of the graph, red blue and green are the steps for outlining the project (a beginning, a middle, an end) / (Of course the steps are blurred, this entire method is kind of a secret technique of mine)

- Nov 11, 2023: The characterization is advancing, I'm also starting to work on other characters. I can already make a basic estimation of the numbers of chapters that will be needed to tell such story. We are starting at 140 chapters... and that will only grow.
Yup.. :usoprice: meaning that if I can draw 2 chapters per month (which would be the ideal to work on other projects) I would need around 6 years to finish the story. So it should be finished after One Piece. Counting on the fact that I can actually work.. So expect more time.

Unless I find a way to work a lot faster. I don't know, we will see.

Arittake no yume wo kakiatsume !

- Nov 12, 2023: The ending of the story is starting to emerge as well as some of the devil fruit powers of the characters. You might see new powers, but at least one devil fruit of the main story will make a come back.

Last edited:
Neat I used to write fanfics when I was younger mostly fairy tail but I got a few one piece fan fictions saved to my Google docs

Cool. @Logiko Weren't you the one who made a thread planning an OP fanfic last year?
Yes it was also a way to help people understand more about storytelling and coincidentaly One Piece. But not enough people replied to the project.

This is not necessaraly a bad thing tho. I was maybe a bit too much out of my league if I'm being honest. It seems that teaching and guiding are not really my things looking at the way my arguments about storytelling are being appreciated on this forum hehe.

Just write your own story lmao
I need a training time skip first. I can't jump hoping to be published on my own without real profesionnalism and skills. At one point I will need to make a living out of this passion.

So I need to be sure I can make a well appreciated job. And if I manage to win the heart of a forum that can't stand me..
Then I'll be ready ! :yodawhat:

If not, its back to square one, that the type of bet I'm making.

I need a training time skip first. I can't jump hoping to be published on my own without real profesionnalism and skills. At one point I will need to make a living out of this passion.

So I need to be sure I can make a well appreciated job. And if I manage to win the heart of a forum that can't stand me..
Then I'll be ready ! :yodawhat:

If not, its back to square one, that the type of bet I'm making.
How about you try winning the hearts of people you like?